TTTNE 462 - Rebels Against the Mods

ab aeterno

I just randomly got Apple earphones with the copy of The Book Thief I ordered, along with a happy birthday card adressed to a Peter. Thanks, I guess?

17 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I think we know which is the best too, yes, flee for your life through the air conditioning vents my little green friend.

Nah, the best one is you getting backstabbed, of course.

38 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

God, I'm ridiculously pathetic :rofl: 

so I moved camp to a cafe, in hope that I can actually concentrate on work here. The result is me sitting over a coffee and a slice of cake with an open notebook beside me listening to Hobbit soundtrack and fantasizing about what kind of bag I want to buy that holds my laptop and how much the coffee cup rubbed off my lipstick. For the credit, the coffee is disgusting, I want a dark brown tote bag that matches my new boots and my favorite track is Sons of Durin. Oh what I'm writing my thesis about? Come on, you surely don't think I'm thinking about such marginal matters... I'm mature as F. 

:lol: Nothing wrong with soundtracks, they're pretty much all I listen to these days. But you should probably get on that thesis.

22 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Nah, not a scone, it needs to be cut in parts, it is not like small pieces like scones.

Anyway, it is in the fridge now. I have not tried it yet.

my Mere baked scones in one big piece then cut like this

21 hours ago, Eyron said:

Hello everyone

Experiencing end of show vaccuum :/ must start new one asap.

Buck, I usually cut my scones into four pieces with a cross cut.

I hope you are doing well, people.

something like this

19 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Do you ever forget how great thing is, then rediscover it, and it's just as good as the first time? Basically what I'm getting at is that ABBA are brilliant.

i deny enjoying  any of these...

:smoking:

5 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

God, I'm ridiculously pathetic :rofl: 

so I moved camp to a cafe, in hope that I can actually concentrate on work here. The result is me sitting over a coffee and a slice of cake with an open notebook beside me listening to Hobbit soundtrack and fantasizing about what kind of bag I want to buy that holds my laptop and how much the coffee cup rubbed off my lipstick. For the credit, the coffee is disgusting, I want a dark brown tote bag that matches my new boots and my favorite track is Sons of Durin. Oh what I'm writing my thesis about? Come on, you surely don't think I'm thinking about such marginal matters... I'm mature as F. 

Well, if it helps any, I have not gotten to writing mine either ... how much time do you have to write it?

Instead, I have been rereading Artemis Fowl books for the last few days. Mature ass F, as you say!

5 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I just randomly got Apple earphones with the copy of The Book Thief I ordered, along with a happy birthday card adressed to a Peter. Thanks, I guess?

Well, happy birthday, Peter! :cheers:

:P

47 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

These are schones? Are not scones small things?

In any case, this is mine. (Sorry for the shitty phone photo.)

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, if it helps any, I have not gotten to writing mine either ... how much time do you have to write it?

Instead, I have been rereading Artemis Fowl books for the last few days. Mature ass F, as you say!

3 months. Are you graduating this spring too? 

The cake looks cool. 

I am not liking this friend of Ragnar. 

1 minute ago, BB-Rhae said:

3 months. Are you graduating this spring too? 

The cake looks cool. 

I am not liking this friend of Ragnar. 

I have time till September. Hard to find motivation when the deadline is so far away.

Thanks ... that is the one I had to redo the cream ... but it tastes good now.

I am not sure I know which friend of Ragnar you are referring to.

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

well in louisiana they are sometimes small and round and called tea biscuits or sweet biscuits, but around here scones are triangles generally and larger than a slice of pie 

and the cake looks good, Buck...i see cake, cream and chocolate glaze??? is cake dense like a biscuit?

Rhae I am a big viking fan... you will enjoy it i think... and beware ragnars friends...especially floki...

20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Why, thank you. Will you send me earphones too?

Looks tasty. And I always thought scones were like cupcake-sized.

35 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

and the cake looks good, Buck...i see cake, cream and chocolate glaze??? is cake dense like a biscuit?

Rhae I am a big viking fan... you will enjoy it i think... and beware ragnars friends...especially floki...

No, it is soft, like a ... cake. Soft and crumbly too.

I think Rhae will like Lagertha. :)

1 minute ago, First of My Name said:

Why, thank you. Will you send me earphones too?

Looks tasty. And I always thought scones were like cupcake-sized.

Sorry, I do not have any extra earphones lying around like that. ;)

(Nor your address. :lol: )

At this point it's Rollo I'm not liking. 

The show itself is very interesting though. So far my only complaint is the lack of camera lights just like in GoT. It's really really dark. 

Ragnar is very smart and I absolutely adore his relationship with his kids. 

10 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Oh yeah, hating on Rollo is okay. :lol: 

It's dark because they're so far north. It's always dark up here.

Yeah, I really appreciate that they are making an effort to be realistic.  Ragnar's men did not automatically understand English language, there was the priest to overcome the language barrier. I also really liked that his hair started growing back (and didn't just stay shaved like the side of Ragnar's head throughout the journey to England *cough*). And we saw how Floki painted his eyes, it wasn't just magic like Jack Sparrow or Khal Drogo's eye liner. I really appreciated these bits. The other thing I respect about the show is that the foundation bricks of the episodes aren't sex and blood. 

30 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Hey guys.  Sorry I vented and bailed - I haven't even had the chance to THINK about getting back on here since I posted last - still dealing with the teen.  It's nice to think I have this place to come back to and let it all out since I can't at work, can't at home, don't have many friends I want to talk to about this and can't anywhere else online.  So thanks :)

:grouphug: Random vents are always okay here. Good luck with the teenager.

18 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

At this point it's Rollo I'm not liking. 

The show itself is very interesting though. So far my only complaint is the lack of camera lights just like in GoT. It's really really dark. 

Ragnar is very smart and I absolutely adore his relationship with his kids. 

Oh, Rollo is actually his brother.

And I would have imagined you would like him, he is ... like Drogo, and you like Drogo. ;)

What do you think of ... "the priest"?

Just now, BB-Rhae said:

Yeah, I really appreciate that they are making an effort to be realistic.  Ragnar's men did not automatically understand English language, there was the priest to overcome the language barrier. I also really liked that his hair started growing back (and didn't just stay shaved like the side of Ragnar's head throughout the journey to England *cough*). And we saw how Floki painted his eyes, it wasn't just magic like Jack Sparrow or Khal Drogo's eye liner. I really appreciated these bits. The other thing I respect about the show is that the foundation bricks of the episodes aren't sex and blood. 

Yeah; while there is plenty of sex and definitely plenty of blood, the show is really character driven. I don't watch many TV shows, but Vikings is brilliant. 

3 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Yeah; while there is plenty of sex and definitely plenty of blood, the show is really character driven. I don't watch many TV shows, but Vikings is brilliant. 

Well I'm on episode 4 right now and I haven't yet seen boobs. After GoT and Spartacus that's a notable difference. All sex scenes have been pretty subtle and in place so far. 

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

:grouphug: Random vents are always okay here. Good luck with the teenager.

Oh, Rollo is actually his brother.

And I would have imagined you would like him, he is ... like Drogo, and you like Drogo. ;)

What do you think of ... "the priest"?

Bah, he is not. Drogo had sense. Or at least more than rollo seems to have. Rollo is like Crixus. Though, I did like Crixus. But then, that was manu Bennett. Ah, it's complicated :lol: 

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

Also, I did not think it that dark. It is much lighter than the HP films, for example. I like the simple lighting.

And yes, children on this show are adorable. And Ragnar with them.

Ragnar is a great dad. 

1 minute ago, BB-Rhae said:

Well I'm on episode 4 right now and I haven't yet seen boobs. After GoT and Spartacus that's a notable difference. All sex scenes have been pretty subtle and in place so far. 

It's largely just Ragnar and his wife, but others have dalliances from time to time. It's never as distracting as in GoT though, IMO.

Archived