TTTNE 462 - Rebels Against the Mods

ab aeterno

2 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

aw. Well said, Mellon nin. That's a nice way to look at it. That they will always be a part of me. And they surely will. Which is indeed a good thing. Well, I'm still lost at what to watch now :lol: 

Well, what are you in the mood for? I'm sure I can find you something :P 

4 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

aw. Well said, Mellon nin. That's a nice way to look at it. That they will always be a part of me. And they surely will. Which is indeed a good thing. Well, I'm still lost at what to watch now :lol: 

Downton Abbey? ;)

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 4:58 AM, BB-Rhae said:

I think one of my greatest character flaws is growing too attached to fictional worlds. 

If that's one of yer character flaws and are looking for something to watch, you might like The Magicians (though, in my case, I only liked the first ep so far). 

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Downton Abbey? ;)

I'm not sure I want to start that in the beginning of thesis semester. Might ruin my chances of graduation :eek: 

15 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Well, what are you in the mood for? I'm sure I can find you something :P 

Something sci-fi/fantasy. I was considering Arrow or Vikings. 

2 hours ago, Knight of Ashes said:

If that's one of yer character flaws and are looking for something to watch, you might like The Magicians (though, in my case, I only liked the first ep so far). 

Never heard of that before. *goes to google*

thanks for the recommendations people! :) 

1 minute ago, BB-Rhae said:

I'm not sure I want to start that in the beginning of thesis semester. Might ruin my chances of graduation :eek: 

I do not know Arrow, but Vikings are not really fantasy (and much less sci-fi). A few weird things happen, but mostly it is limited to dreams.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

No, still have to!

But it will be over then ...

I know :crying: 

1 hour ago, BB-Rhae said:

What Bucky said, Vikings is more of a historical drama with little bits of "fantasy" now and again - though a lot of those bits can be put down to character's superstitions. It's good though, so dont be put off. 

My recs; Penny Dreadful, Sense8, Orphan Black.

Memory is a very weird thing.

This week I remembered two unusual things from who knows when (neither were part of my major studies)

1) That Charlemane was about 100 years before Alfred the Great (we're watching The Last Kingdom---yes, I read the books)

2) The process of a solid turning directly into a gas is sublimation (thought inspired by fog raising off the snow)

AND YET, I can't remember why I just walked into the other room :rofl:

Happy Friday my lovelies :kiss:  I am wearing my "Winter is Coming" t-shirt today.  I really should have worn it last Friday (but am doing it as a joke today...I normally don't wear t-shirts at work, not even on Fridays when we have dress down/jeans day)

Hope everyone is well!  No time for catching up unfortunately, lots of work to do :)

3 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

The best SF story on television for me is Battlestar Galactica (the 2003 version). Loved it so much that I bought the DVD box after finishing it. Great characters and story, and the music/acting/CGI are all excellent.

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I know :crying: 

What Bucky said, Vikings is more of a historical drama with little bits of "fantasy" now and again - though a lot of those bits can be put down to character's superstitions. It's good though, so dont be put off. 

My recs; Penny Dreadful, Sense8, Orphan Black.

I want more OB, any idea when season 4 will start?

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

The best SF story on television for me is Battlestar Galactica (the 2003 version). Loved it so much that I bought the DVD box after finishing it. Great characters and story, and the music/acting/CGI are all excellent.

I want more OB, any idea when season 4 will start?

In th UK we'll probably not get it until late again. But I think everyone else is sometime around March/April. I know there are teaser trailers out already.

Oh, and OitNB is back June. The 17th iirc. 

House of Cards is next month too...dunno whether to watch it after the steaming pile of poo that was season 3.

19 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

In th UK we'll probably not get it until late again. But I think everyone else is sometime around March/April. I know there are teaser trailers out already.

Oh, and OitNB is back June. The 17th iirc. 

House of Cards is next month too...dunno whether to watch it after the steaming pile of poo that was season 3.

I can handle that wait. OITNB will be harder but fortunately I think there are like three other shows returning before that.
Didn't know about those teasers, on to YouTube I go.

I've only seen the first season of HoC and was planning to continue, but I've heard from pretty much everyone that it gets worse. Shame.

Hello people!

It has been a long week. It feels more like two weeks rolled into one. Wooo I am so glad it's friday :commie:

Will try to read back. Maybe. *falls onto sofa*

I am also looking forward to OB's new season.

Rhae, BSG (that FoMN is talking about) is great, I recommend it too. I am pretty sure you would like Vikings as well B)

Yes, watch BSG.

I'd bucket Arrow as a superhero/comic movie as far as genre goes. I also think the production values are pretty awful.

Other sci-fi series worth watching are Firefly and The Man in the High Castle.

I can't think of any fantasy TV shows worth watching though. 

Archived