New Season 6 Stills

Westeros

2 hours ago, Dayla Dayne said:

She's not pregnant, I hope... I hope that old woman who gave her the candle, gaved her some moon tea too.

It's just like saying: " Myrcella is not dead, I hope"

It will happen if the author decides this to be the character's fate and the show will only follow here. It's what moves the story forward. I so much want Myrcella to live yet that new still...... For sure Sansa could have a story without being pregnant but maybe Martin decides otherwise. For sure Myrcella could have had a different story apart from dying.

if all our beloved characters sat together having tea all day long the books would be quite obsolete.

On 2/12/2016 at 6:35 PM, Lady Snow said:

I care about Sam and I'm not the only one! You shouldn't say things like that cos you have absolutely no idea what every other fan of the show thinks. You should say that you don't care about Sam, don't speak for the entire GOT fandom.

Relax the cacks.. i was just pointing out that people seem to have commented on every photo except the one of Gillie and Sam, I'm sure people do care about him and Gillie, but their story line is less significant compared to the other characters photoed in my opinion.

guys, the ''it's just her hands under her coat''-argument doesn't work. 

I too consider it possible she's pregnant, but I am far from saying I'm sure. The pic does tease it in my opinion, she's worn this dress many times, it never looked like this.... But that doesn't have to ruin her. If she's carrying a son, her Bolton-Stark child would give her power. Men inherit in every kingdom but Dorne, I think she's more likely to win support for her son than for herself. Northern lords would probably prefer following beloved Ned's grandson, who'd also be heir to the Bolton's lands (except for Walda's baby, but I don't think that child will live long, thanks to its brother).

56bf54ac1a00009c01ab29cc.jpeg

On 2/14/2016 at 1:30 PM, Woman of War said:

And Ramsay's baby would no more be an abomination than a baby from Harry or Baelish or nice Pod. Terrible for the mother but a baby is a baby, full stop.

Hmmm.... There's some indication that psychopathology might be inheritable and Ramsey is definitely a psychopath, just like dad...

10 hours ago, Yoren "The Wanderly Crow" said:

Relax the cacks.. i was just pointing out that people seem to have commented on every photo except the one of Gillie and Sam, I'm sure people do care about him and Gillie, but their story line is less significant compared to the other characters photoed in my opinion.

And that might well change... Sam may well play a pivotal role in the final chapters of the story. All those great warriors, the kings the queens, as nothing to a humble scholar...

Hmmm.... There's some indication that psychopathology might be inheritable and Ramsey is definitely a psychopath, just like dad...

...and this wouldn't mean anything on its own, if the show wasn't run by two more psychopaths...

No, definitely, I can definitely see D&D showing a pregnant Sansa, but that would be nothing less than awful... And I was one of those intrigued by Sansa's storyline in S5!

33 minutes ago, The Egg said:

...and this wouldn't mean anything on its own, if the show wasn't run by two more psychopaths...

No, definitely, I can definitely see D&D showing a pregnant Sansa, but that would be nothing less than awful... And I was one of those intrigued by Sansa's storyline in S5!

Again: I  am very much convinced that Sansa won't have a child in the show if this is not going to happen in the books. 

1 hour ago, Woman of War said:

Again: I  am very much convinced that Sansa won't have a child in the show if this is not going to happen in the books. 

You're really still entertaining the idea that the show follows the books ?

Not saying that Sansa is pregnant (don't think so), but that's not the argument I would make for it.

15 hours ago, HairGrowsBack said:

You're really still entertaining the idea that the show follows the books ?

Not saying that Sansa is pregnant (don't think so), but that's not the argument I would make for it.

Repeating myself:

Major plot points happening to the more or less main characters won't be altered by the show if they are relevant to their final fate. And having a child is a major plot point relevant for Sansa's fate. Introducing a pregnancy only to let it end spontaneously or by abortion would be a screen time consuming detour for Sansa's character. It might rather be the other way round: The author, Martin,  can introduce a pregnancy that doesn't lead to a child but only adds misery and rage to Sansa. The show will only have that pregnancy if it leads to a child. Of course I may be wrong but I don't think I am.

3 hours ago, Woman of War said:

Repeating myself:

Major plot points happening to the more or less main characters won't be altered by the show if they are relevant to their final fate. And having a child is a major plot point relevant for Sansa's fate. Introducing a pregnancy only to let it end spontaneously or by abortion would be a screen time consuming detour for Sansa's character. It might rather be the other way round: The author, Martin,  can introduce a pregnancy that doesn't lead to a child but only adds misery and rage to Sansa. The show will only have that pregnancy if it leads to a child. Of course I may be wrong but I don't think I am.

That's a pretty reasonable statement. D&D know where GRRM said the storylines are going, so unless GRRM changes his mind it should end up in more or less the same place.

I think that a fair degree of "the show and the books aren't going to be at all alike" that's been coming out lately is due to the prospect that certain fan theories that have now been marinating for five or more years now are starting to be proven false on the show.

The only way to keep the preferred theory alive in the face of what the show is presenting is to hope that the book will have a different ending that the show. Its good to have hopes and maybe they're right in some respects, but let's remember this is the same author who introduced Quentyn and had us follow his story only to have him end up a dragon barbecue so its not like he can't pull some boneheaded plots twists all on his own without D&D even being involved.

Maybe once Winds is finally out and we see that Stannis does indeed die and Shireen does indeed get burned and Sansa ends up heading North after something happens in the Vale the notion that the stories are going to be all that radically different will be quelled for a bit.

Personally, I don't think Sansa is pregnant... its just really stiff fabric in her dress that doesn't hang like a lot of the outfits she used to wear when down south in King's Landing.

But even if she was pregnant, I agree they'd only put that into the show if it was also happening in the books because of the grossly cynical reason that Sophie is finally old enough to film nude scenes and I can't see D&D messing up the chance for that by having Sansa be noticeably pregnant for most of the season unless following the book plot absolutely required it to happen.

Um Sansa was NOT raped so its not a baby of rape (if she were pregnant).  I hate Ramsey as mush as the next guy/gal, but Sansa and he WERE married and at no time did she tell him to stop, resist, etc.   This whole rape thing is fanfare by people who cant stand the fact of Ramsey having sex with their beloved Sansa.  

Now there is implication that he rapes her after that (Sansa telling Reek "..he hurts me every night." ) though she does not explicitly say that and it is not shown.

As for the pics, if you look at the length of her arms from the first pic and then compare it to the one where you see the bump, its obvious to me its her hands (the bump) and not a baby.    

On 2/16/2016 at 0:06 PM, Myself656 said:

That's a pretty reasonable statement. D&D know where GRRM said the storylines are going, so unless GRRM changes his mind it should end up in more or less the same place.

I think that a fair degree of "the show and the books aren't going to be at all alike" that's been coming out lately is due to the prospect that certain fan theories that have now been marinating for five or more years now are starting to be proven false on the show.

The only way to keep the preferred theory alive in the face of what the show is presenting is to hope that the book will have a different ending that the show. Its good to have hopes and maybe they're right in some respects, but let's remember this is the same author who introduced Quentyn and had us follow his story only to have him end up a dragon barbecue so its not like he can't pull some boneheaded plots twists all on his own without D&D even being involved.

Maybe once Winds is finally out and we see that Stannis does indeed die and Shireen does indeed get burned and Sansa ends up heading North after something happens in the Vale the notion that the stories are going to be all that radically different will be quelled for a bit.

Personally, I don't think Sansa is pregnant... its just really stiff fabric in her dress that doesn't hang like a lot of the outfits she used to wear when down south in King's Landing.

But even if she was pregnant, I agree they'd only put that into the show if it was also happening in the books because of the grossly cynical reason that Sophie is finally old enough to film nude scenes and I can't see D&D messing up the chance for that by having Sansa be noticeably pregnant for most of the season unless following the book plot absolutely required it to happen.

:agree:

On 16/2/2016 at 2:20 PM, Woman of War said:

Repeating myself:

Don't you think that being married, raped and beaten by Ramsey is a "relevant plot point"? It is.
Less relevant than having a child? Depends on how the character develops, both in the books and in the show.

No, I don't believe we'll have the exact same ending in the books and show: they're already too different to have more than the main plot and a few side ones being the same, but book Sansa is too far from show Sansa to have the same arc. Unless she end up being raped in the book too, but that could mean a show pregnancy is a spoiler for the book pregnancy.

Do I believe she's actually pregnant? Not really. But "character arc" argument is not enough to prove she's not.

Archived