The Pox faced Septa Nysterica.

Quick question. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've only just clicked that there is a massive chance that Margarey Tyrell's Pox faced Septa Nysterica is actually Elys Waynwood and Alys Arryns daughter who I may add has spent time around Sansa and people who know an awful lot about Sansa. And who may actually be a distant relative through her Waynwood Vale family connections. 

I have never ever seen that on this Forum before and did checks but couldn't find it. 

Shoot me down and tell me you knew/suspected or join me in shame for not spying the connection! 

Nope, never seen anything about this before...nice catch, I think. I'm not sure how common pox is, or if the ages match up.

I'm also not sure how much this could impact Sansa's situation if true... It depends on whether Nysterica has/will have any contact with her family. This seems like something that doesn't happen much with septas and septons after joining the Faith.

But cool detail either way. :-)

9 minutes ago, Blind Beth the Cat Lady said:

Nope, never seen anything about this before...nice catch, I think. I'm not sure how common pox is, or if the ages match up.

I'm also not sure how much this could impact Sansa's situation if true... It depends on whether Nysterica has/will have any contact with her family. This seems like something that doesn't happen much with septas and septons after joining the Faith.

But cool detail either way. :-)

Cheers, good to see I'm not alone, I was expecting a few people to say yeah that was easily noticeable! Lol. 

Yeah It could certainly be interesting to the story providing she lives long enough to maybe spill some info to someone in power or a member of her family. I think she is in a cell right now. Who knows though, it may just be a cool wee gem for us to spy with no real meaning. I'll be keeping an eye out for Septa Nysterica.

Nysterica doesn't sound very Arryn-ish imo... Of course that in no way debunks your theory, as it is entirely possible her parents named her something exotic just because (like Jaime, Cersei or Joffrey Velaryon).

Or it could tie in nicely with the thought some people have had that Maesters/members of the faith actually can pick a new name when they take their vows, kinda like the Pope does. Which would in turn explain why so many maesters have waaaaay weird names.

1 hour ago, Macgregor of the North said:

Quick question. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've only just clicked that there is a massive chance that Margarey Tyrell's Pox faced Septa Nysterica is actually Elys Waynwood and Alys Arryns daughter who I may add has spent time around Sansa and people who know an awful lot about Sansa. And who may actually be a distant relative through her Waynwood Vale family connections. 

I have never ever seen that on this Forum before and did checks but couldn't find it. 

Shoot me down and tell me you knew/suspected or join me in shame for not spying the connection! 

When would this Septa have been around Sansa?  Or is my reading comprehension that bad on Fridays, and you mean Marg has been around Sansa? In that case - ignore me!  TGIF!

1 minute ago, Roddy Darwin said:

Nysterica doesn't sound very Arryn-ish imo... Of course that in no way debunks your theory, as it is entirely possible her parents named her something exotic just because (like Jaime, Cersei or Joffrey Velaryon).

Or it could tie in nicely with the thought some people have had that Maesters/members of the faith actually can pick a new name when they take their vows, kinda like the Pope does. Which would in turn explain why so many maesters have waaaaay weird names.

Not so much a theory as such, I'm not much of a theory starter, they have all been started! just curious to see if anybody else noticed. 

Ye it's a definite possibility she changed her name upon becoming a septa. 

2 minutes ago, Jak Scaletongue said:

When would this Septa have been around Sansa?  Or is my reading comprehension that bad on Fridays, and you mean Marg has been around Sansa? In that case - ignore me!  TGIF!

Here's a quote man. And she's described as homely as well. I've seen Waynwoods described this way ;)

A Storm of Swords - Sansa I 

A fire was crackling in the hearth, and sweet-swelling rushes had been scattered on the floor. Around the long trestle table a dozen women were seated.
Sansa recognized only Lord Tyrell's tall, dignified wife, Lady Alerie, whose long silvery braid was bound with jeweled rings. Margaery performed the other introductions. There were three Tyrell cousins, Megga and Alla and Elinor, all close to Sansa's age. Buxom Lady Janna was Lord Tyrell's sister, and wed to one of the green-apple Fossoways; dainty, bright-eyed Lady Leonette was a Fossoway as well, and wed to Ser Garlan. Septa Nysterica had a homely pox-scarred face but seemed jolly. Pale, elegant Lady Graceford was with child, and Lady Bulwer was a child, no more than eight. And "Merry" was what she was to call boisterous plump Meredyth Crane, but most definitely not Lady Merryweather, a sultry black-eyed Myrish beauty. 
Last of all, Margaery brought her before the wizened white-haired doll of a woman at the head of the table. "I am honored to present my grandmother the Lady Olenna, widow to the late Luthor Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, whose memory is a comfort to us all."

Just now, Lost Melnibonean said:

Yes, it's been posted before. (Otherwise I wouldna have known.) Do you follow the Wow, I never noticed threads? You learn all kinds of little gems there. 

Ah I was expecting someone to have caught it before. I don't follow them posts mate, maybe I should now though.

44 minutes ago, Macgregor of the North said:

Here's a quote man. And she's described as homely as well. I've seen Waynwoods described this way ;)

A Storm of Swords - Sansa I 

A fire was crackling in the hearth, and sweet-swelling rushes had been scattered on the floor. Around the long trestle table a dozen women were seated.
Sansa recognized only Lord Tyrell's tall, dignified wife, Lady Alerie, whose long silvery braid was bound with jeweled rings. Margaery performed the other introductions. There were three Tyrell cousins, Megga and Alla and Elinor, all close to Sansa's age. Buxom Lady Janna was Lord Tyrell's sister, and wed to one of the green-apple Fossoways; dainty, bright-eyed Lady Leonette was a Fossoway as well, and wed to Ser Garlan. Septa Nysterica had a homely pox-scarred face but seemed jolly. Pale, elegant Lady Graceford was with child, and Lady Bulwer was a child, no more than eight. And "Merry" was what she was to call boisterous plump Meredyth Crane, but most definitely not Lady Merryweather, a sultry black-eyed Myrish beauty. 
Last of all, Margaery brought her before the wizened white-haired doll of a woman at the head of the table. "I am honored to present my grandmother the Lady Olenna, widow to the late Luthor Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, whose memory is a comfort to us all."

Sorry, I thought you meant Marg's "guard" Septas when she was arrested - I didn't realize you meant Marg's version of Septa Mordane!  Never mind! I need more caffeine!

1 minute ago, Blind Beth the Cat Lady said:

There's a series of threads called "Wow, I never noticed..." about minor interesting Easter eggs in the books.

Gotchya, thanks.  I get confused between Watchers on the Wall, Winds of Winters, etc.  So much WOW!  :)

1 hour ago, DarkSister1001 said:

Gotchya, thanks.  I get confused between Watchers on the Wall, Winds of Winters, etc.  So much WOW!  :)

Yeah I think whenever a Wow appears in this environment the automatic thoughts conjured up are the ones you mentioned 

Nice catch, I think Septa's are like Nuns, yes. And that they take a new name upon taking their vows. Nysterica does indeed sound a very fancy name, maybe it is a religious name, so like Nuns the Septa's take a religious "saints" type name. 

7 hours ago, HouseFossoway said:

Currently, Nysterica is imprisoned for not doing her duties as a Septa to keep Margaery a virgin. Perhaps the faith will punish her by sending her back to her home in the Vale, with the Waynwoods, where Sansa Might just happen to visit to be with Harrold Hardying.

Ye this could end up two ways. It could just be one of those cool wee Easter eggs we get now and again that you don't catch the first few times but spy it later and think, woah, that's cool.

Or, it could prove to have an impact like you said with Septa Nysterica somehow meeting some member of her Waynwood family again and blowing Sansas cover or revealing some info that involves Sansa or something interesting along those lines. 

I hope she plays a future part in the story and I hope that involvement may play a part in beginning a domino effect that brings about that boring little shit LF's downfall. And sooner rather than later, Im sick of this fake aura around him as some genius who's gonna last the whole story like some rags to riches fairytale of a base born nobody becoming some hero. It's a lot of shit. He's goin down. And soon I hope. 

No doubt somebody with a LF infatuation will come along and say that he must somehow have figured this all out and planned for it and knew and blah blah blah but to be honest, There is absolutely no indication whatsoever that LF knew where the pox faced Septa ended up, who she works for, and if she was in KL around Sansa herself and around people who had an awful lot of things to say about Sansa because we would have probably heard about it on page for sure.

I would personally love to finally see an oversight like this prove disastrous in some shape or form for LF, not sure how yet, but I'm clock watching for his downfall and feel it coming soon :D

On 3/18/2016 at 1:04 PM, Macgregor of the North said:

Part of me wonders if she is Tyene Sand's mother but you could be right.

4 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

Part of me wonders if she is Tyene Sand's mother but you could be right.

In my own mind I'm near certain it's her. There are only two pox faced septas mentioned in the whole books. Elys Waynwoods daughter, who was scarred by the pox and became a Septa. 

And Nysterica, who I think changed her name when she left the Vale and became a Septa.

The connection there with Sansa who has Waynwood family. The fact they have met.  The fact Sansa thinks of her as homely when we've seen her comment on other Waynwoods as homely. It all just cements it firmly for me and I'm gonna roll with it until confirmed otherwise. 

What I'm loving is that if its true, it seems LF missed it and everybody seems to think he has every base covered. 

I just hope there's a way this Septa can shit on his parade. 

If not and its just a cool Easter egg, I'm cool. I'm happy to have spotted the wee gem on my own. 

Archived