[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

4 minutes ago, Johnston said:

Oh yeah where was Bronn? 

Why didn't he come ashore with Jaime? 

My thoughts exactly. If he didn't come ashore with Jamie, then he should've been on the ship with Trystane. Nym and Obara slipped onto the ship unseen by Bronn or anyone else, apparently.

I just want to remind everybody that David Benioff promised this was the BEST SEASON YET:

“Dan and I talk about this a lot. This is not us trying to hype it. Usually there’s an episode or two we’re kind of nervous about, that didn’t turn out as well as we hoped. This season there is not a weak episode. We had great directors who knew what they were doing, paired with excellent [directors of photography]. We thought at the script stage it might be our strongest season. Then the episodes came in better than we hoped. We’re always reluctant to say it’s ‘the best season yet’ because so much of that is in the eyes of the beholder. And Dan and I are so close to it that it’s impossible to be unbiased. But that’s my sense – watching them all together now, this is the best one we’ve done. It’s also the one I’m proudest of, because it was the hardest.”

:rofl:

37 minutes ago, Darknightz said:

D&D's Brienne the resourceful has now "happened upon" arya in the middle of remote hills, sansa & lf at the inn, and after (presumably) killing stannis in some random woods that he ran into, come straight to the exact location where theon and sansa (again) happened to be, within seconds of the pursuing bolton men & whodini hounds...

She uses her BrePS with special "Stark in danger" alert feature, which is why she knew to get there right when she did. I think Jamie installed it when he gave her the armor. And Oathkeeper doubles as a dog whistle.

2 minutes ago, Maid So Fair said:

Also, why the hell isnt half the castle after Theon and Sansa by now? I guess Roose is too busy throwing shade at Ramsay to do anything about their escape? And Ramsay just decided to send like 5 men (well I suppose if it only took 20 to sabotage an army it should be enough) so he can mope about Winterfell because YOLO?

To be fair, he didn't say that he sent any of the 20 GOOD MEN. Presumably they were relaxing after beating Stannis. I'm just disappointed the hounds didn't get their moment to shine - they chased off fifty of the Ironborn's best killers.

2 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

Well, I did my bit and watched it and even commented as it went, but the site crashed at the end and I had to go to bed (it was after 3!).  Needless to say, I won't be staying up next week.  What a crock.

Yep. I was sat at 3am questioning my choices in life and wondering why of all the things one can do at 2am I chose to sit and watch that insult to human intelligence. It's not even worth watching at it's usual time, never mind that hour.

I've seen a few other forums where there's nothing but praise for the episode. I don't even know what to think of that.

3 minutes ago, TheCasualObserver said:

To be fair, he didn't say that he sent any of the 20 GOOD MEN. Presumably they were relaxing after beating Stannis. I'm just disappointed the hounds didn't get their moment to shine - they chased off fifty of the Ironborn's best killers.

Maybe thy got confused because Sansa is a Bolton now so she can command them. If she remembers her lines that is.

I reckon the incandescent snubfest is, as previously anticipated, as much as recurred to by way of pungent anticipation, in full swing by now, but all the same I suggest that we all devote a solemn moment here to that most recent family-proof gig, into which Larry was quite eager to be bunged of a sudden, and acknowledge how poor an impression of dear Sandor he would come out with, in the series premiere, by virtue of mandatory character differentiation.

Fuck...Fuck...Fuck ...

Oh Larry, you're in no position of outward respectability to be making any special threats, have you not learned your lesson yet?

(As is his wont, tl;dr.)

6 minutes ago, Maid So Fair said:

Shouldn't Cersei be the one killing Trystane? I mean if Carol was anything like Cersei that is. If you're going to kill him for completely contrived reasons why not at least make it make some sense?

Carol doesn't kill children, remember? ;) she's far too reasonable for that sort of behavior!

Here is a review of the first episode

http://www.slantmagazine.com/house/article/game-of-thrones-recap-season-6-episode-1-the-red-woman

"Previous seasons of Game of Thrones have played a precarious dance between the past and present action detailed within George R. R. Martin's series, but the season-six premiere episode, “The Red Woman,” provides viewers with their first glimpse of what the future looks like, and it's disappointing." 

"What these scenes with Davos and the Boltons lack is any sort of urgency or activity. This, to some extent, is the consequences of killing off so many of the show's central characters. Reality dictates that others will fill the void—and, indeed, this episode chases more threads than pretty much any before it, so it hardly matters if Davos escapes or which Bolton successfully inherits Winterfell." 

"Everything else in “The Red Woman” is comparatively lifeless and plot heavy, especially as the writers rather ruthlessly begin to sew up loose (or underdeveloped) plots. After all the time spent in Dorne last season, the episode returns there only long enough for Ellaria Sand (Indira Varma) to usurp the throne from her brother-in-law, Doran Martell (Alexander Siddig)."

Game of Thrones would be best served to invest more time with its characters, then, instead of enigmatically shuffling around between them (...) t's a new verse to the same old song, though, and there's only so long Game of Thrones can rely on its bloody chorus to keep viewers tuning in.

14 minutes ago, TheNorth said:

She uses her BrePS with special "Stark in danger" alert feature, which is why she knew to get there right when she did. I think Jamie installed it when he gave her the armor. And Oathkeeper doubles as a dog whistle.

Haha. 

"Attention: Stark in danger - re-route now?"

9 hours ago, The Winged Wolf Bran Stark said:

I'm trying to figure out a good name for show!Bran (though, other than height which Isaac can't help, he isn't too different from the books though I'm sure that'll change... next week). Brandini perhaps? Since he tends to disappear for episodes at a time, including for a whole season? And because he's the most magical character in the show (though that's not saying much).

Isaac keeps comparing his training as to train a jedi or something like that?

3 minutes ago, Arrow of the Morning said:

Finally. And wel deserved. 

10 minutes ago, Maid So Fair said:

Shouldn't Cersei be the one killing Trystane? I mean if Carol was anything like Cersei that is. If you're going to kill him for completely contrived reasons why not at least make it make some sense?

I cannot reasonably speak for your part, but I, in my turn, still await the canonization of Good Queen Carol with baited breath.

Turns out this time around she'd have need of a familiar shoulder to cry on, and she somehow got it into her benign head that she might have to tell Larry about the prophecy, too. Because that is perfectly in line with book!Cersei's very transparent inclinations, and whatnot...

Something else I just remembered, how did Brienne!Smash cross the river on horseback, though. Thankfully, she just meant to be trifled with the long way, and so successfully turned her hand to the task in the nick of time...

Archived