Grey Worm-a Targaryen?

Valens

How about having some more wild theories? :D Never gets boring. I was just thinking about Nettles, Daemon's lover (not Blackfyre, the older Daemon). She is described as brown skinned and so is Grey Worm, not? Well...it just strikes me as a possible thing, since Martin likes to make such plots. Two people who are related meet in another part of the world, by chance. I mean, it is possible that Grey Worm got his nickname because someone knew he was of Targaryen blood, as in worm=dragon. So he could be the descendant of Daemon and Nettles. Wouldn't that be neat? And that would be one of the reasons why he's so loyal to Dany. :) Actually, just now I read that GRRM said "I have no plans for Grey Worm's race or personal history to become important at this time, though I do reserve the right to change my mind. Sometimes the muse plays strange tricks on me." However, it is possible that Grey Worm is at least a little darker than Andals and given his important place in the Dany storyline, it wouldn't surprise me if Martin indeed does play a surprise on us and reveals him as having some special kind of origin.

Maybe for Grey Worms origin coming into the story as a sort of extra "window dressing." But after Nettles fled, I think she went to the Vale and Mountains of the Moon which was near where her and Daemon were at the time. And all the clansman paid her and Sheepstealer homage.

i can't find the quote now that made me think that, maybe someone could assist?

8 minutes ago, The Dames do Moan said:

Maybe for Grey Worms origin coming into the story as a sort of extra "window dressing." But after Nettles fled, I think she went to the Vale and Mountains of the Moon which was near where her and Daemon were at the time. And all the clansman paid her and Sheepstealer homage.

i can't find the quote now that made me think that, maybe someone could assist?

It is implied in the world book. After the Dance, there were rumors that one mountain clan worshiped a girl with a dragon, most likely the Burned Men, hence their custom of burning a part of the body as an 'initiation rite'. Presumably, the tradition began in a form of facing Sheepstealer and letting him inflict some burns.

1 minute ago, Gwindor said:

It is implied in the world book. After the Dance, there were rumors that one mountain clan worshiped a girl with a dragon, most likely the Burned Men, hence their custom of burning a part of the body as an 'initiation rite'. Presumably, the tradition began in a form of facing Sheepstealer and letting him inflict some burns.

Thanks much, that's what I was referring too. Maybe some Burned Men are spawn of the Dragonseed. That'd be awesome, anything that keeps Nettles going in some way. 

5 minutes ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Well, Martin has said that he'd be killing off characters, so adding more wouldn't be a reasonable expectation. 

You don't think we're going to get any new characters? Obviously no POV and/or secondary tier characters, but I could getting a few additional "window dressing / world building characters."

Yeah well, Nettles was a dragonrider herself, so it's not inconceivable that somehow Grey Worm got a part of his nickname from that. It is said the colouring of her dragon Sheepstealer was "ugly muddy brown". That resembles the colour of a worm, heh.

4 hours ago, Valens said:

How about having some more wild theories? :D Never gets boring. I was just thinking about Nettles, Daemon's lover (not Blackfyre, the older Daemon). She is described as brown skinned and so is Grey Worm, not? Well...it just strikes me as a possible thing, since Martin likes to make such plots. Two people who are related meet in another part of the world, by chance. I mean, it is possible that Grey Worm got his nickname because someone knew he was of Targaryen blood, as in worm=dragon. So he could be the descendant of Daemon and Nettles. Wouldn't that be neat? And that would be one of the reasons why he's so loyal to Dany. :) Actually, just now I read that GRRM said "I have no plans for Grey Worm's race or personal history to become important at this time, though I do reserve the right to change my mind. Sometimes the muse plays strange tricks on me." However, it is possible that Grey Worm is at least a little darker than Andals and given his important place in the Dany storyline, it wouldn't surprise me if Martin indeed does play a surprise on us and reveals him as having some special kind of origin.

Hey, everyone else is a secret targ. Why not a character that we know the history of, has never set foot within leagues of westeros, has not one single targ trait and would add nothing to the story if it was revealed. 

Edit: If you had read the book, you would have read the part about how the unsullied were given different names on a semi regular basis, and Senôr Worm was named such when he was given his freedom by a real actual Targ, so he kept it 

Hair flip, valley girl speech, if  you knew your history and compared it to the books you would know that eunuch's contrived to bring down China, but there ain't no China in Martin's books so ... ummmmmmmmmmmm so Targ dragons musta came from there because we all know that dragons are symbols of... ummmmmm something that is forshadowing. Yeah, I'm being a, what is the female version of dick. Oh, right, it is spoken often in the five books, cunt.

I have a feeling the entire Unsullied are Targs. Every last one. The Slavers had been rounding up hidden Targs for years and castrating them to limit their number, then might as well put 'em to use in an army, hey?! It makes a lot of sense, and Dany is gonna flip when she finds out.

9 hours ago, Valens said:

Because all brown-skinned people are related, obviously :rolleyes: Sansa and Margaery both have white skin...omg, they must be sisters then!

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Because all brown-skinned people are related, obviously :rolleyes: Sansa and Margaery both have white skin...omg, they must be sisters then!

I don't apreciate sarcasm like that. I said it was a WILD theory, not a sensible theory. Please, in future, if you have nothing good to contribute-stay away. <_<

Archived