(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner at the Tarlys was awful, but I'm never a big fan of Sam & Gilly anyway.Ā  Reminded me of Downton Abbey though, which made it even worse.

King's Landing scenes were meh.Ā  I find the whole infusion of religious zealotry annoying even in the books.

And I was bummed that Arya doesn't go through with full assassin training and that I don't get to see what her apprenticeship is like until TWoW, since they changed that whole line completely. I thought the poisoned coin bit in ADwD was a nice clever bit of assassination writing and was looking forward to at least a few episodes of that kind of thing.

Dany scene was too contrived and out of nowhere for the effect they were looking to inspire, but at least it looks like her days as a city bureaucrat are coming to an end.Ā  She's been written into that corner for far too long.

3 hours ago, DebL66 said:

Ugh. Ā So does this mean that they just mashed Benjen and Coldhands together or that Coldhands really is Benjen after all? Ā It seems to me that there is no need to introduce Benjen in this way on the show if he isn't Coldhands in the books.

In the books, Coldhands died a long time ago. He's not Benjen.

I was really disappointed in Benjen/Coldhands "YeahĀ they killed me with their ice blade but the COTF intervened with their magic and some obsidian through my heart so I'm a good wightwalker instead of a bad wightwalker. Ā Of course I'm the same person as before, with full memories of who I was, and able to communicate with you where the COTF's other magical creations can't. Ā Just, you know, dead."

And for those thinking Bran will meet the gang in Winterfell, I'm not seeing it. Ā His responsibility has now risen far above just his family.

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Well it won't happen in the books, at least not anytime soon, because they're too far apart.

I know - I think in the books Sam will probably send Gilly to his mother in Horn Hill, but he himself will never get there. He will stay in Oldtown, tell the Citadel (or at least those Maesters who'll listen to his stories) everything about the events at the Wall, learn a thing or two (very useful things I suppose) from Archmaester Marwyn - and then head back to the North with important knowledge that will help Jon and those who still fight with him.

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

All of this.

Please say that's the last DO NOT WANT kiss between them. It's like roadkill, I couldn't look away fast enough.

It makes one gag - doesn't it?

I don't wanna see that anymore - what happened to: "Ugh,ugly stump - go away ....and besides: YOU TOOK TOO LONG!" andĀ  "Why did the Gods made me love a hateful woman"?

Now we are back to "I will start a war for Cersei's cunt - and kill everyone who is not ok with my brotherly affections...."

Ā 

11 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

It makes one gag - doesn't it?

I don't wanna see that anymore - what happened to: "Ugh,ugly stump - go away ....and besides: YOU TOOK TOO LONG!" andĀ  "Why did the Gods made me love a hateful woman"?

Now we are back to "I will start a war for Cersei's cunt - and kill everyone who is not ok with my brotherly affections...."

What a great character he was, and could have been, but no... groveling grumpy cat with rabies fool.

Oh, and I need to be there with you... when he burned her letter in the books. They 180-ed him, yet again.

I thought the Faceless men very extremely expensive. But in the show an actress in a theater troupe is able to afford them. Really?. May be an occasional pro bono service from the FM. I heard some law firms do that in the real world.

Ā 

All over the show one thing has been irritating me more than anything. The threat of white walkers taken so lightly. I thought Sam would atleast tell Randyll Tarly about the White walkers, Hardhoem.. buit No. Even after Gilly mentioned the WW Sam sits there and says nothing. WW is the reason why Sam had been sent to the Citadel. But he doesn't mention that.

Ā 

And the final Dany scene. What the hell was that. What I am watching a Disney cartoon? Everytime a Dany scene comes on, it looks like its running as an entirely different show. She always gets lucky and no matter how many times she fucks up, she ends up getting more resources; while the rest of the characters (white, black or grey) pay for their mistakes - except Ramsey of course.

Ā 

Looks like Jaime is suffering from a bad case of amnesia. He seems to have forgotten everything happened from Season 2 to Season 5. He is the same Jaime we saw in Season 1

Ā 

And the Benjen scene. Thats it? Is he human, wight or a White Walker?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4 minutes ago, athmystikal said:

Ā 

And the final Dany scene. What the hell was that. What I am watching a Disney cartoon? Everytime a Dany scene comes on, it looks like its running as an entirely different show. She always gets lucky and no matter how many times she fucks up, she ends up getting more resources; while the rest of the characters (white, black or grey) pay for their mistakes - except Ramsey of course.

Ā 

Looks like Jaime is suffering from a bad case of amnesia. He seems to have forgotten everything happened from Season 2 to Season 5. He is the same Jaime we saw in Season 1

Ā 

She is practically a disney princess. She even looks like one. And Jaime is Larry now constantly, so it makes sense that his actions don't make sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong but GRRM didn't do the whole "I'll never leave you again." thing with sam and gilly did he? Ā I feel like that was just trashy fan service added to the show and now they have to play it out. Ā I actually like them most often. Like Gilly being so forthright about Sam being a warrior(lol) and killing a white walker, defending him was sweet. Ā But that was about 20 seconds of it and the rest of was just punishing hateful Downton Abbey trash that contributed very little other than turning back the clock on Sam's character development for an episode rather than adding new intrigue or plot. Ā Or certainly not moving his plot towards the goings on at the citadel.

Arya... Ā :ph34r:Ā Ā I can't believe what I just watched as far as the FM. Ā I'm very disappointed with this development. Ā The fact that it was the younger actress who put out the hit? Wtf? Ā What price did SHE pay?? Ā I wouldn't buy that for a dollar. Ā  Or that the waif really wanted to kill Arya all along. Come on. Ā This whole hit was a travesty and a terrible way to push Arya's story along with her having committed to nothing or changed in any deeper way. Ā My only hope now is that this 'hit' was just some test... and that the waif failed it? Ā I'm betting we see Arya kill the waif because a face will be added to the wall. (For what fucking reason?) Ā And Jaquen will welcome her back into the fold like she has passed her tests... i guess. Ā I really don't fucking know anymore. Ā  I should have read the writing on the wall several episodes back and seen that the FM arcĀ would becomeĀ a wholly unreliable adaption. Ā  But I've always loved how they handled her story arcs and hoped they would nail it.

As usual I am completely blaze about any kings landing stuff. Ā They just cant make me care. Ā And Riverlands > Dorne + myrcella. Ā KK. Ā I guess a red wedding earns a fair bit of lannister favors and they simply must pay their debts, to dirty old freys.

Bran and Benjen... I can't even. Ā But whatever, we got a magical northern character so ill takeit.

Guys, you are a bunch of whiny people lolĀ 

Great episode imho, full of twists and interesting story telling (apart from Sam's bit!)

Can't wait for the next episode!

I thought re-introduction of Benjen as Coldhands (most likely) is a clever move from the creators of GoT. We won't see Benjen in the books most likely, but they had to have someone to save Bran and Meera.

Just now, MorpHDoc said:

Guys, you are a bunch of whiny people lolĀ 

Great episode imho, full of twists and interesting story telling (apart from Sam's bit!)

Can't wait for the next episode!

I thought re-introduction of Benjen as Coldhands (most likely) is a clever move from the creators of GoT. We won't see Benjen in the books most likely, but they had to have someone to save Bran and Meera.

Welcome to this section.. where you cannot debate about what people are saying.

Kindly find yourself in the praise sections where your opinion matters. Here let me direct you.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/forum/115-e06-blood-of-my-blood/

Have a nice day :)

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

He's no better than them. Some of the worst ideas were his.

And how do you know that? Just because he is credited as a writer, it doesn't mean everythin in that episode was his idea. D&D has full creative control, they can overwrite anything that he might comes up with. I don't agree anyway, because out of all episodes, the Cogman ones are still the ones which get the tone or the feeling of some scenes right. Well not this one particularly, because we have pretty much nothing left from the books, but in earlier seasons. I'm not saying the Cogman episodes are very good, he still wokrs in shadow of D&D's stupidity. And I hate almost everything about the show now, I just watch it to laugh at it and to tear it apart here. But he got Jaime's bath scenes right in S03e05 or Tyrion's trial in s04e06. You may disagree, and that is fine, or say that he took those out of the books and added nothing of his own. But D&D can't even do that.

Archived