(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

Just now, LulaMae Barnes said:

She doesn't just quit becoming a Faceless Men! She quits because the victim is sooooo nice and such a good actress and it would be a shame to kill someone that talented ;o). That is really reason enough to lose your job as a high-end contract killer, isn't it?

Hahaha I know!

Atleast if in book Sweetling causes he to break from the FM it at least puts her back where she was before in a sense..

Just now with the skills of an assassin.

2 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Hahaha I know!

Atleast if in book Sweetling causes he to break from the FM it at least puts her back where she was before in a sense..

Just now with the skills of an assassin.

She's drunk the nightshade now she's empowered gaining needles turning it into the temple of the Undying,

45 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Methinks Sam will never make it to Old Town in the show - he was just holidaying (or being on furlough) with his family in Horn Hill. Now that he stole daddy's sword (which will never in the books because Randyll is way too powerful, frightening and dominant - and Sam way too scared of his father) he will just scurry back to the North where the Valyrian steel will be helpful.

Well it won't happen in the books, at least not anytime soon, because they're too far apart.

1 minute ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Bryan Cogman didn't give us why Arya changed her mind, why he didn't he gave us a logical explanation of what happened to Arya?

maybe he figured people could figure it out on their own? That Arya cant bring it in herself to kill absolutely indiscriminately? It kinda was foreshadowed earlier this season, that Arya has a beef with killing people who arent guilty of something really gnarly. 

The only thing thats bothering me about that, is the show seems a bit cowardly in depicting good characters we root for the most, as a bit greyer. Jon post-resurrection, really hasnt changed much. Arya doesnt go full on like in the books. Tyrion doesnt have his downward spiral, etc. 

Oh this is a really minor nitpick, but it irked me. In the subtitles during Dany's hamfest, they spelled khalasar as khalassar. :/

1 minute ago, mikestarky said:

Euron wanted to build 1000 ship.  According to Daario they need 1000 ships.  Please don't.   

dude, if you didnt see that coming, i dont know what to tell you. The books have Ironmen (Victarion) on their way to Meereen anyway. 

26 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

She doesn't just quit becoming a Faceless Men! She quits because the victim is sooooo nice and such a good actress and it would be a shame to kill someone that talented ;o). That is really reason enough to lose your job as a high-end contract killer, isn't it?

Naturally! :lol:  And the waif who is such a pro at being no one wants to kill her REAL bad. Please please please hotty Jaqen, let me kill my rival for your affections...

2 minutes ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

maybe he figured people could figure it out on their own? That Arya cant bring it in herself to kill absolutely indiscriminately? It kinda was foreshadowed earlier this season, that Arya has a beef with killing people who arent guilty of something really gnarly. 

The only thing thats bothering me about that, is the show seems a bit cowardly in depicting good characters we root for the most, as a bit greyer. Jon post-resurrection, really hasnt changed much. Arya doesnt go full on like in the books. Tyrion doesnt have his downward spiral, etc. 

Oh this is a really minor nitpick, but it irked me. In the subtitles during Dany's hamfest, they spelled khalasar as khalassar. :/

dude, if you didnt see that coming, i dont know what to tell you. The books have Ironmen (Victarion) on their way to Meereen anyway. 

I realize that.  My issue is with the exact number. Sometimes I think D and D think the viewers are complete morons.

5 minutes ago, mikestarky said:

Euron wanted to build 1000 ship.  According to Daario they need 1000 ships.  Please don't.   

As long as she didn't say "20 good men" I'm okay with it. Even Olenna was simplifying for anyone who doesn't understand what was happening in KL. Pulling in those who are Unsullied.

1 hour ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

But the rest - really amusing.  Like a good episode of Xena or Hercules - lots of pretty costumes, many deathly looking weapons and no real plotline.

King Tommen is now subordinate to the Faith and the High Sparrow? Is Westeros a theocratical state now?

And Larry just stops being in the Kingsguard just like that - no fightingfor it whatsoever?

He is more annoying than ever - more angry, more vengeful and power-mad than his surprisingly poised sister and they are madly in love still or again - does he still not know about her fornications? Does he simply not care? How will they ever change his mind now - it is definitely too late for any kind of redemption arc.

All of this.

Please say that's the last DO NOT WANT kiss between them. It's like roadkill, I couldn't look away fast enough.

I saw great character development  with Arya but I hate what they are doing with the FM! I don't get it! The Waif can't have personal vendettas, and she can't kill someone she knows! That is one of their rules in the books! And is Jaqen testing the Waif? He sounded like he didn't want Arya to be killed... I am so confused where they are going with this storyline. 

10 minutes ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

They can't, D&D know that people love them the way they are, they are afraid that playing with characters can result a very nasty reaction from veiwers

3 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

I saw great character development  with Arya but I hate what they are doing with the FM! I don't get it! The Waif can't have personal vendettas, and she can't kill someone she knows! That is one of their rules in the books! And is Jaqen testing the Waif? He sounded like he didn't want Arya to be killed... I am so confused where they are going with this storyline. 

Why are you confused? they are not following the books in any story

The dialogue was so bad, very commonplace. No subtlety, no depth, no meaning.

Just lots of telling instead of showing. This is what we are doing now. And now...

Soap opera. Even the music is melodramatic. Happy. Sad. Confused (don't have to act that).

It's all just so... nothing.

Another awful episode

The most amusing thing for me was the Tommen! reveal.  Like... the LC of the Kingsguard has no idea where the King is?... or where the other KGs are... yet he still complains about getting sacked haha. Should I also mention 3 kings have already died on his watch.

Archived