(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

11 minutes ago, DebL66 said:

Ugh.  So does this mean that they just mashed Benjen and Coldhands together or that Coldhands really is Benjen after all?  It seems to me that there is no need to introduce Benjen in this way on the show if he isn't Coldhands in the books.

I am so over Daenerys.  What about Mereen?  Oh, she just fucked that up so no worries, moving along to fuck up the Seven Kingdoms now.  What a great leader.  I pray Daario kills her, but I know we could never be so lucky.  Hopefully she will burn Kings Landing to the ground because everyone there needs to die.

Good casting on Randyll Tarly, he was every bit the asshole I imagined him to be.  However, I don't understand the point of Sam going home at all.  Does anyone imagine Randyll Tarly is going to let Sam just ride off with Heartsbane? 

As far as I know G.R.R.Martin as denied that Benjen is Coldhands. So in the books there is still hope for a good story arc.

And James Faulkner is a fantastic actor - perfect for a villainous, menacing character like Randyll Tarly - he will just be completely wasted on the show as well.

I also don't worry for Sam too much - the tame Randyll wouldn't chase him or anything - besides he doesn't have a sword anymore does he!?!?  *evillaugh*  ;o)

Just now, House Toad said:

Where the resources get spent, on a sword which is supposedly the nightbringer?

He would have never left his father's estate, their ain't no taxi's or the school bus at first light. Yawn

I know this show is such a mess.

I am fuming over Arya right now

4 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Heck man that is half the reason of Arya's chapters. Is to show just how shitty the common folk get it when the High lords play chess,

Didn't like it, it doesn't even seem GRRM the way her arc has taken a turn. Out of character. Like a needle will protect her from the faceless, some how it has gained the inches from her past weapon, look how big it was now

3 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Heck man that is half the reason of Arya's chapters. Is to show just how shitty the common folk get it when the High lords play chess,

would like to see that on the show but low expectations are too high

5 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

I swear I thought they were going to have Loras do a walk of shame

Lmao.
Low-key I wouldn't object to that tho.

Did anyone else find it weird how Olenna was just standing in front of the Tyrell army.
Maybe her fan had a bladed edge.

Man, I've tried. I've really tried to get into this show this season but this has reached a level unlike anything I've ever seen in Game of Thrones. I really thought it couldn't get worse after season 5, but this show keeps spiraling down and down. The dialogue is equivalent to that of a soap opera, holy f*ck it's so bad. Without the books they are pulling so many Hollywood twists and turns that it's honestly ruined the franchise. I don't have anything specific that I view as bad--it was all bad. 

Things that especially bothered me:

-Waif mentioning "Jaqen" promised to let her kill Arya. If she is no one why is she so obsessed with antagonizing Arya? 

-Bran and Meera did not mention Hodor, Summer, the extinction of a race that has existed since most likely the beginning of time, etc...

-Everything in King's Landing. Everything.

-The episode title.

I think I need to stop watching this show. It is going to ruin how I view ASOIAF.

I love how this season is supposed to be past where we are in books.

Sam- already in Oldtown in books at this point

Dany-slightly ahead, yet the drogon scene is basically the last chapter she is in book and the Meerennese knot seems to not be a thing or if it will be late.

Jamie and Brienne are both heading toward the riverlands.. hahahahahahahah

2 hours ago, SerMixalot said:

I swear I thought they were going to have Loras do a walk of shame

Me too (after Margaery announced she will get a new follower to the Faith)! I kinda hoped for it - because of strong women and weak men and empowerment and all!

1 minute ago, Lord Parker said:

Man, I've tried. I've really tried to get into this show this season but this has reached a level unlike anything I've ever seen in Game of Thrones. I really thought it couldn't get worse after season 5, but this show keeps spiraling down and down. The dialogue is equivalent to that of a soap opera, holy f*ck it's so bad. Without the books they are pulling so many Hollywood twists and turns that it's honestly ruined the franchise. I don't have anything specific that I view as bad--it was all bad. 

Things that especially bothered me:

-Waif mentioning "Jaqen" promised to let her kill Arya. If she is no one why is she so obsessed with antagonizing Arya? 

-Bran and Meera did not mention Hodor, Summer, the extinction of a race that has existed since most likely the beginning of time, etc...

-Everything in King's Landing. Everything.

-The episode title.

I think I need to stop watching this show. It is going to ruin how I view ASOIAF.

Why would they talk about Hodor and Summer? Too busy putting in exposition to clue in the stupid audience to what the CoTF did to make White walkers

Also this is why the whole waif subplot added in for some dumbshit reason is dumb. The only people the FM hold grudges to are valyrians and their dragons. This whole acolyte feels threatened by lower level acolyte is just trash.

Also no she can't kill Arya; she knows her.

1 hour ago, caprico4 said:

I have had it with Dany's speeches.. 

Me too! Another speech from the back of a dragon... the proportions were way off and the Dothraki would never have been able to hear her! The producers keep going back to this horrible formula that is just no longer effective. Such a letdown after last week.

Another meh episode, they literally can't come up with anything other than trying to stir us up with a cut and paste speech from season 1.

I am looking forward to next week because they'll actually adopt a scene from the books (Jaime vs Blackfish).  Haven't had one of those in this socalled adaptation since season 4

Just now, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Dany-slightly ahead, yet the drogon scene is basically the last chapter she is in book and the Meerennese knot seems to not be a thing or if it will be late.

Would they really adapt the books - they could have easily filled seasons 4,5, 6 AND probably a little bit of season 7 with the rest of ASOS and AFFC & ADWD.

Just now, LulaMae Barnes said:

Would they really adapt the books - they could have easily filled seasons 4,5, 6 AND probably a little bit of season 7 with the rest of ASOS and AFFC & ADWD.

Easily yet now they are either still there. making up half-arsed bullcrap or turning back into it because they've realized they have no freakin idea what they are doing.

2 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Jon is planning to gather the northern houses on his way to Winterfell, like Stannis already did in the books.  It makes me wonder how much will really happen in the last two books, if the show thinks it can cover all that material in about 10 episodes.

3 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Arya just quits on the FM?! No. Shit I could understand her killing those on her list out of turn like she did to Sweetling in  the sample chapter but just straight up skipping out on them?

No.

Bullshit

She doesn't just quit becoming a Faceless Men! She quits because the victim is sooooo nice and such a good actress and it would be a shame to kill someone that talented ;o). That is really reason enough to lose your job as a high-end contract killer, isn't it?

Just now, chandl34 said:

Jon is planning to gather the northern houses on his way to Winterfell, like Stannis already did in the books.  It makes me wonder how much will really happen in the last two books, if the show thinks it can cover all that material in about 10 episodes.

I bet they have such sparse details that they're just treading water as hard as they can by doing shitty subplots.

Honestly I think((know)) the last two books will probably have a really big culling of POV characters in one fashion or another. 

But it's the war of armageddon and leadership; of course everyone on the side is going to die.

Archived