Will Bran And Arya Return To Winterfell?

[Deleted]

At the end of episode 8, Arya said she was "Going home." Does this mean she's going back to Winterfell? What was her plan? She couldn't have known what was going on in the North, but once she returns to Westeros, maybe she would set her course for her actual home.

What about Bran? Now that he has escaped from the cave, where is he going to go? Castle Black seems the most obvious choice, but if he hears about Jon defeating Ramsay, wouldn't he also want to return to Winterfell?

I think the massive teaser leading into next season is going to be Bran and Arya looking at Winterfell, Bran from the north, Arya from the south, and knowing both are going to get there in Episode 1 of next year. The 4 living Starks will finally be reunited, and each will bring to bear the awesome and frightening powers they have learned. (Arya: Faceless Man assassin, Bran: the new 3 Eyed Raven, Sansa: How to play the politics game, Jon: Man-Bun)

I lol'd at the man bun bit.. But gawd I hope they all manage to reunite without dying on the way. Especially Jon and Ayra. Their relationship isn't portrayed to be as close on the show but if/when they see each other again I'll be here, bawling my eyes out.

53 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I think Bran is staying near the wall, Arya will stumble in the BoB and head to the wall, Jon and melisandre will leave Sansa in winterfell and head to the wall, storywise preparations for the war of the dawn

The thing is, if the Wall falls in this episode like has been speculated, there will be no real rally point near the Wall. Castle Black and all the other castles of the Night's Watch will be destroyed if the Wall falls. I suppose Last Hearth would be the closest castle after that, but since the Umbers are basically gone now, I can see the smallfolk abandoning the Umber lands to rally to a source of strength.

Your theory makes sense, but if the Wall comes down, all bets are off.

4 minutes ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

The thing is, if the Wall falls in this episode like has been speculated, there will be no real rally point near the Wall. Castle Black and all the other castles of the Night's Watch will be destroyed if the Wall falls. I suppose Last Hearth would be the closest castle after that, but since the Umbers are basically gone now, I can see the smallfolk abandoning the Umber lands to rally to a source of strength.

Your theory makes sense, but if the Wall comes down, all bets are off.

I can bet you on this, in Danny's dream in season 2, the wall is clearly well and standing, the mark of Bran will allow the WW to pass through the wall and not destroying it (exactly like what happened in the cave)

21 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I can bet you on this, in Danny's dream in season 2, the wall is clearly well and standing, the mark of Bran will allow the WW to pass through the wall and not destroying it (exactly like what happened in the cave)

Kill Bran with his mark North of the Wall. Night King and his crew cannot pass. Show is over.

1 minute ago, TheSmallOther said:

Kill Bran with his mark North of the Wall. Night King and his crew cannot pass. Show is over.

Man, no one can kill Bran, he's Dr Manhattan of westeros :D poor bran, he's just a plot device to disable the wall's magic and let the WW attack Westeros :crying:

4 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Man, no one can kill Bran, he's Dr Manhattan of westeros :D poor bran, he's just a plot device to disable the wall's magic and let the WW attack Westeros :crying:

On a serious note: if this mark and disabling of the wall's magic would be true, 3ER would have never summon Bran to himself. At least I got the impression that he knew the story with the mark will happen before Bran came to the cave.

If House Stark is meant to survive, then I would think Bran has to return to Winterfell, as he is the heir of Ned Stark.  Of course, his disability means the Stark line likely dies with him without some change in the legal status of Jon (who is currently either a bastard or a Targaryen), Sansa (Bolton), or Arya. But any legitimate offspring of Sansa or Arya would belong to their father's house without some change in the law. Without some serious reforms, it seems that House Stark's prospects died with Rickon.  

2 minutes ago, Rhymes with Sneak said:

If House Stark is meant to survive, then I would think Bran has to return to Winterfell, as he is the heir of Ned Stark.  Of course, his disability means the Stark line likely dies with him without some change in the legal status of Jon (who is currently either a bastard or a Targaryen), Sansa (Bolton), or Arya. But any legitimate offspring of Sansa or Arya would belong to their father's house without some change in the law. Without some serious reforms, it seems that House Stark's prospects died with Rickon.  

Why do you think that Bran can't have children ? Hawking had no problems in having them despite his illness.

1 hour ago, TheSmallOther said:

On a serious note: if this mark and disabling of the wall's magic would be true, 3ER would have never summon Bran to himself. At least I got the impression that he knew the story with the mark will happen before Bran came to the cave.

Yes, your thought is very logical, but unlike you, I got the impression that 3ER was surprised by the NK marking Bran and he looks like he didn't know about it, this is why he uploaded everything in Bran's mind really fast

37 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Why do you think that Bran can't have children ? Hawking had no problems in having them despite his illness.

I agree.  Brans legs where broken...but it doesn't mean his manhood was.

As for Returning to WF....I'm sure they will eventually, but there simply isn't enough time this season.  Brans going to wind up at the Wall with Benjen going back North, and Arya still has to cross an ocean.  Both will wind up on their way *back* to Winterfell, but neither will make it there this season.  Even with the shows teleportation and time-travel, it's too great a distance and too many other factors lie in their way.

7 hours ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Hawking's paralysis was slow onset in a modern society.  I believe two of his children were conceived before he even began using a wheelchair.  Bran is by all appearances a paraplegic who is unlikely to be able to sire children without modern medicine.  

7 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

I agree.  Brans legs where broken...but it doesn't mean his manhood was.

As for Returning to WF....I'm sure they will eventually, but there simply isn't enough time this season.  Brans going to wind up at the Wall with Benjen going back North, and Arya still has to cross an ocean.  Both will wind up on their way *back* to Winterfell, but neither will make it there this season.  Even with the shows teleportation and time-travel, it's too great a distance and too many other factors lie in their way.

Broken?  I think it is fairly obvious he is paralyzed, but am happy to accept correction if there is something I am forgetting from the books making it clear that he does have feeling in his extremities.  Given his condition, I think it is highly unlikely he can conceive a child in a world without modern technology.   

Bran is definitely reuniting with Jon at Winterfell next season, there is just no other direction for him to go. Plus, with his new abilities he HAS to help Jon defeat Night King and take over control of undead army as Three Eyed Raven.

Arya, I am not so sure. I think there is still story connection with the Hound, Brotherhood without Banners and even Brienne and Podrick if they are still in Riverlands next season. Add to the fact Sansa will travel south with Vale army, and I am not that sure Arya will reach Winterfell next season. We shall see I guess.

51 minutes ago, Tastes like Frey said:

Didn't Ned think to himself sadly in the first book that Bran would never run with his wolf, lay with a woman, hold his child? 

Or something to that effect.

You are correct:

But he will never run beside his wolf again, he thought with a sadness too deep for words, or lie with a woman, or hold his own son in his arms.

Archived