Brynden Rivers, Bloodraven - The Dreamer. Novella content.

Macgregor of the North

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Not too much to add beyond saying that I stand by what GRRM said in the interview, namely that he had known from back when writing AGoT that the three-eyed crow was connected in some fashion to the Targaryens, but he didn't start sorting that out until he hit upon Bloodraven and the other Great Bastards.

Thanks for stopping by,

But just to clarify on the topic of our debate...

You feel reasonably certain that Bryndon Rivers (Bloodraven), the corpse in the weirwood, is the three eyed crow who appears to Bran in AGoT while he is falling? And do you believe GRRM has confirmed this?

I understand if you would rather not answer... But figured it couldn't hurt to ask

5 minutes ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

Thanks for stopping by,

But just to clarify on the topic of our debate...

You feel reasonably certain that Bryndon Rivers (Bloodraven), the corpse in the weirwood, is the three eyed crow who appears to Bran in AGoT while he is falling? And do you believe GRRM has confirmed this?

I understand if you would rather not answer... But figured it couldn't hurt to ask

I hope this isn't seen as a derailment of the thread, but since you seem to be convinced Brynden Rivers/Bloodraven isn't the 3EC, may I ask who do you think he (3EC) is? 

I know there are a lot of people here who also firmly believe BR =/= 3EC, something I find a bit surprising, tbh. 

10 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I hope this isn't seen as a derailment of the thread, but since you seem to be convinced Brynden Rivers/Bloodraven isn't the 3EC, may I ask who do you think he (3EC) is? 

I know there are a lot of people here who also firmly believe BR =/= 3EC, something I find a bit surprising, tbh. 

I think the most likely answer is that it is Bran himself...

On 08/12/2016 at 10:30 AM, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

Very good post, but I was under the impression that Dagon Greyjoy was dealt with by invasion by the Lannisters and the Starks. It's mentioned in Theon's POV I think. We don't know much, but I think that BR was too preoccupied by the Blackfyres to intervene in the North. 

I don't think that discounts your theory though, as he doesn't have to be present to "see" Dunk, Nan, etc., given his powers. I think the theory is actually excellent. In fact, he may have worked out that if he put down Dagon's rebellion too soon then Dunk would never have anything compelling him to travel North and meet Nan, and therefore Hodor would never have been born. It's noticeable in the novellas how it's purposely mentioned that BR is doing nothing about the rebellion. 

I think this is the chapter you were referring to?

A Dance with Dragons - The Turncloak 

"At the end. This way, my lady."

Their footsteps echoed through the vault as they made their way between the rows of pillars. The stone eyes of the dead men seemed to follow them, and the eyes of their stone direwolves as well. The faces stirred faint memories. A few names came back to him, unbidden, whispered in the ghostly voice of Maester Luwin. King Edrick Snowbeard, who had ruled the north for a hundred years. Brandon the Shipwright, who had sailed beyond the sunset. Theon Stark, the Hungry Wolf. My namesake. Lord Beron Stark, who made common cause with Casterly Rock to war against Dagon Greyjoy, Lord of Pyke, in the days when the Seven Kingdoms were ruled in all but name by the bastard sorcerer men called Bloodraven. 

3 hours ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

Thanks for stopping by,

But just to clarify on the topic of our debate...You feel reasonably certain that Bryndon Rivers (Bloodraven), the corpse in the weirwood, is the three eyed crow who appears to Bran in AGoT while he is falling? And do you believe GRRM has confirmed this?

Yes and yes.

On December 8, 2016 at 4:18 AM, Macgregor of the North said:

Tl;dr:

I have a theory that the Novellas will follow the theme they are on with bringing our attention to the Targaryen gift of being able to dream of things to come. We will see more of Bloodraven as he pops up throughout Dunk and Eggs adventures and it will come to light that BR had a dream/vision in his youth of a very large young man carrying a boy through the Winter stricken North. 

Bloodraven is drawn to Duncan the Tall, possibly believing him to be the large man, only later to determine that the large man is not him, but a descendant of his. He will also come to learn that the young boy is a Brandon Stark of Winterfell. 

Bloodraven will come to realise that his whole life has been leading along this path to his destiny, which is to tutor this young Stark in what it means to be a Greenseer as this Brandon Stark is the one who will play an enormously important role in the upcoming Long Night and War for the Dawn and the rebuild process thereafter.

It is not often that I come across Long Night/Battle for the Dawn theories that present angles I've not already considered. You have done so, and incorporated the D&E novellas, of which I am a loyal fan. I really like this theory.

:cheers:

11 hours ago, Voice said:

It is not often that I come across Long Night/Battle for the Dawn theories that present angles I've not already considered. You have done so, and incorporated the D&E novellas, of which I am a loyal fan. I really like this theory.

:cheers:

Thank you very much. 

Archived