Rothfuss XII: The Doors of Twitch

scortius the charioteer

51 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It's a good book.  I really enjoy the audiobook.

It is, Nick Podehl does a fantastic job with it. But yet again I will get through it and WMF and then be sad because Doors of Stone is nowhere in sight and I want more dammit :P

50 minutes ago, scortius the charioteer said:

It's ok Glockta, keep climbing those stairs.  I'm sure this time something different will be at the top.  

:lol: 

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

Scrolling through my Audible library for something new to listen to and ended up starting Name of the Wind again.

Pay attention to the Tarbean section and let us know if Kvothe loses his name/sanity during this time and then is snapped back into reality from having his Name spoken to him by Skarpi. That was an observation which I haven't been back to check on my own, but maybe is worth your attention as you revisit the story.

4 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

"To see Kvothe's adventures in the Fae please visit kingfukkerchronicles dot com"

The idea of Kvothe fucking a King, rather than killing a King, just inspired me to check to see if anyone had ever written Kvothe/Ambrose slashfic.

Yes, they have.

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oh the fangirls are Strong with Kvothe. You just don't see it on this p[articular board because we have taste.

Is a self-insert fanfic where a gorgeous Mary Sue hooks up with Kvothe actually a post-modern commentary on the text? You know, seeing as Kvothe himself is one. 

Summary of the last eleven threads:

Wow, what a great time we all had reading this series so far! Lots of awesome unresolved things happened for two books! Holy shit, these books have so much going on, and are fantastic page-turners. Let's endlessly speculate on all these wonderful hints and foreshadowing, and discuss this unreliable narrator, and generally have a great time. Wait, what? He said it was done? Just kidding. He might have been lying. We can't be sure. His blogs are fun, but he seems to have lost any interest in the finale of this trilogy. Wait, is this very gifted author perhaps a total  fucking dicknose? Wow, what a disappointment. Screw it, we'll read other authors who aren't assholes.  In the meantime, let's all collectively bitch about him until 2019 or whenever the fuck he finally releases Doors of Stone, at which time we will all most likely eat it up and love him again. All hail Pat and his sweet beard.

Archived