Footie footie footie with the feet

Mme Erzulie

didn't get a chance to catch either Sunday match. Man U is just flailing, as they can dominate on reputation alone, but half the time they look like they can't distinguish between their asses and a hole in the ground.

This is the first I've seen of ManU this year, and I thought they played great. They were exciting, fast and probing and kept possession.

Micah Richards was unbelievably brilliant and I thought that Man City were lucky to get the three points. The commentators were obviously shocked when City scored and that was with a deflected shot that curled to where Van Der Sar had no hope of getting it.

Vidic had a header which would have gone in instead of off the bar another day and Tevez had a cross in the last minute hit him so hard that he could do nothing but deflect the ball goalwards. On another day, he would have been a bit less unsighted or a bit closer to the post and that goes in.

Basically, I think we might be cocking up our chances for the title, but Sunday's match only makes me think that is due to lack of luck rather than any problem with the way the team played or their attitude.

Maybe we would be getting results in games like this with an out and out goal scoring centre forward, but we played most of last season without one and got a bajillion more goals than any other team in the league.

Ferguson appears to believe that having a set of players like they do will work out in the long run with more goals for the team and the ability to overwhelm the opposition.

Last year, he was shown right in this.

This year, maybe it wont be enough. Maybe the poorer teams can play to stifle such an attitude too easily. (That appeared to be what Reading did on the opening day of the season from the reports I read)

Maybe too, we shouldn't have let Smith go...

Liverpool got shafted a bit on that penalty, and that is all I care to comment on it... ;)

I didn't see the match, unfortunately; how many total cards were given out? My dad said that the referee completely lost control of the game.

Styles had an awful game. While the penalty decision was the worst of it, he had a load of shitty calls, and his management of the game was awful.

DVD: In addition to the "penalty", he gave either Essien or Ben Haim (Essien went up to the ball on a 'pool free kick, Styles raises the card at him, so it was obviously Essien. However, some clever shit-heads try to say he gave it to Ben Haim instead, being the other fellow in the wall, only belatedly realising that he too had been cautioned previously) two yellow cards, but none were sent off.

Apart from those two egregious mistakes (which were plenty bad enough in themselves), he didn't have that bad of a game, from where I was sitting (and standing, yelling in disbelief).

Anyway, it was good to see Liverpool dominate Chelsea that way. And that Torres goal was Henry class. Bodes well.

And fucking Healy was disallowed as well. The refs really fucked up my fantasy team this round. And I needed those points to catch up with y'all.

I have to say that I don't like all this rumours about Juande Ramos replacing Martin Jol. To become a top club you need stability. Jol has managed to 5th places in a row, and although the opening of this season hasn't been optimal, it's marginally better than last year. So I really don't see any reason to sack him based on his results.

DVD: In addition to the "penalty", he gave either Essien or Ben Haim (Essien went up to the ball on a 'pool free kick, Styles raises the card at him, so it was obviously Essien. However, some clever shit-heads try to say he gave it to Ben Haim instead, being the other fellow in the wall, only belatedly realising that he too had been cautioned previously) two yellow cards, but none were sent off.

The king of referees in England has said that Styles pulled out the yellow to book Terry and still had it in his hand when he gestured for a free kick. So Essien wasn't actually booked.

I would have liked the points from Healy's goal as well...

The king of referees in England has said that Styles pulled out the yellow to book Terry and still had it in his hand when he gestured for a free kick. So Essien wasn't actually booked.

I would have liked the points from Healy's goal as well...

I'm pretty sure this is what happened too, because Style immediately pointed at Terry after he took the card down again.

I'm not sure what the hell he did it for (as I think it means he raised the card twice), but I'm pretty sure he did not mean to book Essien a second time or book Ben Haim. It was Terry.

I have to say that I don't like all this rumours about Juande Ramos replacing Martin Jol. To become a top club you need stability. Jol has managed to 5th places in a row, and although the opening of this season hasn't been optimal, it's marginally better than last year. So I really don't see any reason to sack him based on his results.

It's just the press trying to get a story going. It would be insane if there was any truth in it.

Norway is just about to kick off against Argentina, a match based on statistics we should win. In 9 matches vs. South American teams we've only lost once (Uruguay) while we've beaten Brazil twice. In this particular match this being a friendly in Norway is to our advantage, but this is a poor Norwegian team against a potentially great Argentinian side which is against us. My tip 1:1.

ETA: It ended 2:1 to Norway, so we keep our 100% win reccord vs. Argentina.

Fifth straight victory over England at Wembley. We were our usual shite selves. Why the hell the likes of Wes Brown and Kieron Dyer are still on the international scene, I'll never know. Dyer missed a sitter and Brown was just generally crap. Still, at least Micah Richards did well enough at RB. Before McClaren decided to move him to the centre, which crippled our right side. Brown and Beckham is a poor, poor combination - they have no penetration, no dangerous runs, nothing.

I was glad when Wright-Phillips came on, but where do we put him? The left wing. Great idea, Steve. Well done.

We were rubbish. Israel and Russia must be looking forward to playing us. Especially the Russians, who must be expecting an easy victory.

Archived