Footie footie footie with the feet

Mme Erzulie

Leeds players are kings amongst men. By rights we should be on top of the table but instead we're at the foot. Only two wins until we're in the black though.

Considering Chelsea have filled the hole at right back, where is Daniel Alves likely to go? Apparently he's still keen to leave Sevilla.

Leeds players are kings amongst men. By rights we should be on top of the table but instead we're at the foot. Only two wins until we're in the black though.

Considering Chelsea have filled the hole at right back, where is Daniel Alves likely to go? Apparently he's still keen to leave Sevilla.

I actually think Sevilla will hang onto him, and get to deal with a disgruntled player. The two top contenders were Real, who just signed two high-profile players, and Chelsea, who just signed someone at that position. I doubt anybody's going to step up and bid higher than what Chelsea had offered, and they cannot very well take less, having stated that it was not nearly enough, or whatever.

That said, he is still eligible for the Champion's League for whoever signs him. So we'll see.

Unfortunately, I had to drive a friend about today, and so I missed most of the football this morning; caught a good chunk of the Everton-Blackburn draw, and some highlights of other matches. Everton played way better in the second half, showed some urgency, and got the equalizer, so good for them.

Oh, and not to overtalk Beckham, but the manager/coach/whatever for the Galaxy is an idiot, there's no way the dude should have been playing 90 minutes that game, especially with only 10 players per side. Now they'll lose him for the next match. Well played!

Dagnabit it was a lose lose situation for me in that Man U spurs match.

If Man U won I could taunt my friend whose a spur fan, but that ment Man U had won, boooo

If Spurs won means I wouldn't get to taunt my friend :P

I know I'm a biased ManYoo supporter and all that, but I'm sure that ball hit Brown on the chest.

If United aren't going to buy another striker before the transfer deadline passes, then we need Saha back ASAP.

Apparently he was almost fit enough for the bench yesterday.

I know I'm a biased ManYoo supporter and all that, but I'm sure that ball hit Brown on the chest.

If United aren't going to buy another striker before the transfer deadline passes, then we need Saha back ASAP.

Apparently he was almost fit enough for the bench yesterday.

Someone was saying today that they were closing in on signing Jermaine Defoe. Of course, it's probably just another rumour.

Solskjær finally too old and rusty? :P

He's admitted himself that he doesn't think he can play 90mins on a Wednesday and a Saturday anymore, and that he cant see himself continuing playing after his current contract finishes (which is, I believe, the end of this season).

I love the guy. I think he's one of the best finishers in the business and he's probably my favourite player at the club now (him, Scholes and Giggs, anyway).

Last I'd heard, he had surgery, but would be fit for the start of the season, but he's not on the bench at the moment, so I dont know what his situation is.

Is there some website that lists players conditions you know, injured/available/substitute/first XI and expected return dates and all that?

I'm not a Man U supporter, but I concur. Definitely. And besides, even if it didn't (which it did) a cursory knowledge of the rules of the game would show that it wouldn't have been a penalty even if it had, because a) it would have been ball to hand and B) had his arm been temporarily removed (by a dimensional portal or something :P) the ball almost certainly wouldn't have gone in anyway (because in that case it would have struck his torso, which it did anyway. Clear? :P)

I've rarely seen so much fuss raised over a clear non-penalty.

My bible for the office fantasy football league. :)

Archived