Sweet 16

Gold Storm

[quote name='CrimsonEyedJayhawk' post='1291315' date='Mar 27 2008, 19.48']I think the lotion he's using to get that "Volunteer Glow" has atrophied his sweat glands.

Good game so far; with Tennessee's foul trouble it looks like one of my F4 picks will be going down tonight.[/quote]

Yeah. After the 18795721 fuckups I've had, I needed my FF intact to have a shot. I'm essentially done now, I think.

Louisville have a 14 point lead with a buck-thirty to play...

what the hell are UCLA doing? Seriously, what the hell? Luckily, they'll make the FF, because they're still better than Xavier, but... can't lose focus (which is what I assume happened).

UCLA game is getting ridiculous. I have never ever seen UCLA lose the momentum like this in the second half. It's always the other way around, with UCLA starting slow in the first half and absolutely owning the second.

Regardless of how this game ends, it just seems like we don't have what it takes this year.

and Collison goes out as well, with 5 minutes to go :(

[quote name='Triskele' post='1291348' date='Mar 28 2008, 00.15']What? your PG fouls out with five minutes to go? Unheard of.[/quote]

Literally. Collison NEVER fouls out.

All I can say is thank God for James Keefe.

Schipp with the clock running down, contested, 25' three-pointer. I'm pretty sure he stole that move from watching Afflalo and Collison do it to KU in the E8 last year.

And now UCLA pulls their heads out of their asses.

[quote name='aeu' post='1291351' date='Mar 27 2008, 22.21']Literally. Collison NEVER fouls out.

[b]All I can say is thank God for James Keefe.[/b][/quote]

Did you think you would ever utter (type) those words?

Ah well, WVU made a nice run and made a game of it. I'm disappointed, but hey, first year with a new coach and projected to finish tenth in the Big East. I'll take fifth in the Big East and a Sweet Sixteen run. We were a bubble team just a few weeks ago and ended up making it farther than both G'Town and Pitt. Color me tickled. Things look good once Huggy Bear's players start to cycle in. Lets hope he can stay sober, out of trouble, and alive.

In other tourney news, Tennessee becomes the second team that I had in the FF in one of my brackets to go down. I feel kind of stupid for underestimating Louisville, but if the 'Ville can take out UNC I won't be in too bad of shape.

[quote name='Mad John 20/20' post='1291372' date='Mar 27 2008, 21.40']Ah well, WVU made a nice run and made a game of it. I'm disappointed, but hey, first year with a new coach and projected to finish tenth in the Big East. I'll take fifth in the Big East and a Sweet Sixteen run. We were a bubble team just a few weeks ago and ended up making it farther than both G'Town and Pitt. Color me tickled. Things look good once Huggy Bear's players start to cycle in. [b]Lets hope he can stay sober, out of trouble, and alive. [/b]

In other tourney news, Tennessee becomes the second team that I had in the FF in one of my brackets to go down. I feel kind of stupid for underestimating Louisville, but if the 'Ville can take out UNC I won't be in too bad of shape.[/quote]

:lol:

How would you feel about one out of three?

WKU gave UCLA fits with its full court press. Made UCLA very sloppy and forced them into some dumb fouls and turnovers. UCLA finally slowed the game down and gave the ball to Love and made WKU work for it. UCLA got lazy and overconfident and let the Hilltoppers back into the game. Keefe picked the right time to have the game of his life.

If UCLA is this sloppy against Xavier they will lose.

[quote name='CrimsonEyedJayhawk' post='1291354' date='Mar 28 2008, 00.22']Did you think you would ever utter (type) those words?[/quote]

I guess, at this point it won't be too credible to say I have always liked James Keefe.

The guy barely plays last year, gets hurt at the start of this year, decides to redshirt, Howland pulls him out of the redshirt midseason when he runs out bodies (btw, I have no idea why we always have so few rotation players), he still barely plays, averages 2 points a game....

And somehow choses this moment to have a perfect game. 18 points, 12 rebounds, both career highs and we needed every one of those. Just unbelievable.

[quote name='CrimsonEyedJayhawk' post='1291377' date='Mar 28 2008, 00.49']:lol:

How would you feel about one out of three?[/quote]

I guess alive is the most I can ask for. Morgantown is one hell of a bar town, if theres a better one of the same size I'd like to know about it.

He's only human, after all. :)

Tennessee is apparently cursed in the Sweet 16. For whatever reason they simply can't get over the hump.

Very impressed with Carolina. My only concern for them, if it even really counts, is that they've been beating teams down easily, a tight game from here on out my rattle them.

Texas-Stanfurd tomorrow is huge and I need Michigan State to come through.

[quote name='CrimsonEyedJayhawk' post='1291136' date='Mar 27 2008, 20.22']At the start of the UNC-WSU game Bilas said that Hansbrough has shot more free throws than any player in ACC history. Is this correct? Surely he meant any other junior in ACC history, right? :stunned:[/quote]
No, that's correct.

Good game against Washington State. I think Wazzou's defense early in the game did force us to take a lot of bad shots, but once we really settled into our rhythm and started to amp up our D, it was over for them. Can't remember their big guy's name, but I have to agree with Bilas when he said that he played Tyler really well in the first half.

I love Tyler as much as the next person, but I wish the media would stop with all the slobbering. It's fine if they give him credit when he plays well or when he makes a great play, but you would really think he's the only guy on our team when you watch the highlights. I would like to see Danny Green or Ty Lawson get more love in the highlights. But I guess it's really just nitpicking in the end. As long as we win, it really doesn't matter. (Sigh, but I don't want Tyler to be dukified though)

I look forward to our Louisville match up. I would have preferred Tennessee because I think there were a lot of weaknesses on that team we could have easily exploited, but I like our chances against UofL.

Does anyone think that a 1 seed will go down this weekend? When WKU came back, I figured it would be UCLA, but I guess the best 1 seed upset game to watch would be Memphis/Michigan State.

My sympathies to our Mountaineer fans. I find that the tournament always loses a lot of its luster when your team is out of it.

Celtigo, that's one of my concerns as well. I sincerely hope that Roy can keep the team focused, considering how well we've handled all the teams we've played so far. But we've played a lot of close games this season, and we've demonstrated a lot of poise in those type of situations. However, a close game during the regular season is different from a close one in the tournament.

OK. So do I really want to wake up at 4:00 a.m. to watch the Spartans (tomorrow) here?

Dunno. If I didn't have a lesson to teach in the morning I surely would...Is the lost sleep worth the potential upset?
:dunno:

[quote name='dalThor' post='1291477' date='Mar 28 2008, 01.04']OK. So do I really want to wake up at 4:00 a.m. to watch the Spartans (tomorrow) here?

Dunno. If I didn't have a lesson to teach in the morning I surely would...Is the lost sleep worth the potential upset?
:dunno:[/quote]

You have to ask?! :stunned:

Archived