Excercise and Fitness X-treme

TheLoneliestMonk

Jogged 5 miles with the dog on a local paved trail, with a little bit of walking and sprinting to mix things up. He's getting better on the leash so we can keep a decent pace most of the time. He's gone from 22.5 lbs to 32 lbs in a month and a half, so I think he's still a puppy, maybe 9 months old or so. More snow in the mountains this weekend, so it's finally time to do some winter hiking and snowboarding.

Missed workouts the last three days due to not feeling well. 7.7 miles today though, so that is good. My goal is to average 7.5 miles a day from now until the end of the year, and that will get me to my goal of 1500 miles for the year.

One month into the 5x5 plan and I have lost 5lbs. It went a bit wonky in the last couple of weeks (four workouts in thirteen days) because I had a sniffle. Back on the horse yesterday and have Thai Boxing, which I suck at, this afternoon. If I can lose another 5lbs in the next month given I have a holiday and Christmas to negotiate I will be a happy bunny.

Make the next three months count Liff and I know you will do it. Good luck fella.

My turn out is coming back. Slowly--it was never amazing to begin with--but surely. I haven't made gymnastics in a few weeks for a variety of reasons, but I should be back there tomorrow.

Other than a slow improvement in turn out, not much has been improving. It's my fault. My diet's been lousy (cereal in the morning, Christmas cookies and whatever people brought in for lunch, and then too full to eat for the rest of the day--it's been a bad month), and I've really just been hitting the bare minimum in my workouts. I've just been feeling tired and meh recently. I know exercise is supposed to improve mood and give an energy boost, but lately it has been just making me feel more tired and grumpy---the longer and harder I work out, the worse I feel after. So I've started keeping it light and just doing what I need to with plenty of rest days, but it's still the low point in my day. Does this happen to anyone else? It's making it very hard to get myself to do anything. I'm not sure what to do other than try to get some sleep and try to reduce my stress level.

Did a 10 mile hike with 2800 feet gain in the mountains with the dog. He did great. It took about 2 hours to get to the top, and maybe an hour and a half to get down. He definitely could have done something harder. I think it's time to give Mt. Baldy a try. Only thing I'm concerned about is the snow. Not sure if snow would be bad for his feet. Might bring him up to the snow and let him play for a while to see how he like it.

My turn out is coming back. Slowly--it was never amazing to begin with--but surely. I haven't made gymnastics in a few weeks for a variety of reasons, but I should be back there tomorrow.

Other than a slow improvement in turn out, not much has been improving. It's my fault. My diet's been lousy (cereal in the morning, Christmas cookies and whatever people brought in for lunch, and then too full to eat for the rest of the day--it's been a bad month), and I've really just been hitting the bare minimum in my workouts. I've just been feeling tired and meh recently. I know exercise is supposed to improve mood and give an energy boost, but lately it has been just making me feel more tired and grumpy---the longer and harder I work out, the worse I feel after. So I've started keeping it light and just doing what I need to with plenty of rest days, but it's still the low point in my day. Does this happen to anyone else? It's making it very hard to get myself to do anything. I'm not sure what to do other than try to get some sleep and try to reduce my stress level.

I think it could well be to do with your diet. I don't know what time of day you are working out but try and make sure you have enough good stuff before and after otherwise your body will get grumpy about training because you aren't giving it the right fuel to burn.

December has to be the hardest month to keep eating properly. It is a nightmare turning down all that good food. Choosing pistachio bars over cake kills reindeer.

The husband and I have agreed that we will get back on the wagon in January. I have my doubts about him, but I know I am determined. To start it will be the treadmill for 30 minutes a day, and on weekends when it is over 40degreesF hiking. I'll then start adding the weights back in once I get into the routine. Good news is I only gained back 5 pounds even though I have been a total Coke feind these past 4 months. I have continued to eat healthy, just with Coke instead of tea and water.

I am still in 16s and can't wait to get to 12s which is my goal.

Foot feels marginally better. I may try some sort of exercise today. My pants fit great, but I am sure that is exclusively due to the fact that I have been puking since yesterday at 2 pm. Grown ups are not supposed to get the stomach bugs that little kids bring home. Weak tea seems to be staying down so maybe I will graduate to some saltines for lunch.

This seems to be a difficult time of year to stay on track, with bad weather, lots of holiday food, and family demanding so much time.

Today is my kettlebell day. It is also a very long day of work. I hope I start feeling energized soon...

I think it could well be to do with your diet. I don't know what time of day you are working out but try and make sure you have enough good stuff before and after otherwise your body will get grumpy about training because you aren't giving it the right fuel to burn.

December has to be the hardest month to keep eating properly. It is a nightmare turning down all that good food. Choosing pistachio bars over cake kills reindeer.

The diet's certainly not helping--between stress eating and the "food alter" at work (small groups of people basically take turns feeding the entire company. It is always delicious but rarely healthy), I've not been doing well there. But I really only started eating poorly last week, and this has been going on a month or so.

I did a little better at gymnastics tonight. Adrenaline helps. Fear has way of sharpening the senses. It's good to know that I can take a few weeks off and still pick up roughly where I left off. Some things were worse--my balance was off on turns and balances on beam, and I kept opening up early on bars. However, apparently sometime in the last three weeks I learned how to do aerials consistently. I did one for fun, landed it. Did it again. Third one came down on my knees, and then I hit all of them for the rest of the night. I also conquered a major fear--vaulting over the new table. I know it's a lot safer than the old horse, but it still terrifies me. But I did several handspring vaults, mostly making it over. I also did one freak-out vault that was some kind of uncontrolled squat through/dive over the horse that had me landing on my knees on the other side, terrifying the coach who had agreed to spot me and who did a very good job of making sure I didn't break something.

I'm having issues with my round off back handspring again. I can do it with a spot on the floor. I can do it onto an eight inch mat, no spot. I can almost do a

(obviously not me) onto the eight inch mat. But I balk every time I try to do it on the floor without a spot. I'll try again after New Years (when the gym opens again after break).

I'm starting to think I should get my leg and my elbow looked at. I'm still really feeling my landings in my leg where I hit the beam and had a nasty bruise back in September, and my elbow's still tender from coming down hard on my hands on a standing back handspring last month--it hurts to lock it or snap it, but it is getting better. So's the leg, just slowly. As a general rule I like to just rest injuries and not use to the point of pain (I've been really limiting high impacts on hard surfaces), but three months for a bruise to heal seems excessive. Would I really get any advice other than RICE though?

Sweetheart, I really think you should blame your poor eating habits right now for your feeling worn out and lousy. It's also contributing to your shit workouts. Your blood sugars are jumping all over the place.

Your body needs fuel, in as clean as form as you can give it, in order to perform at its best. I know when I strictly adhered to to the P90X diet, the food got a little boring after a while (because some of the delicous dishes suggested took too much prep time for what I had available) BUT, I've never felt soooo good.

Honestly, try to lay of the junk for a couple days, you'll probably come back around.

ETA: Oops, ths was already covered. Well, g'luck anyways!

William, soooo happy for you. <3

Aw, ztemmy, I don't know what to say. Junk food makes me feel like shit afterwards so it's easy for me to control those potential impulses. I'm really sorry to all those who have to fight themselves all the time to not give in to crap.

I try to think of junk food as being a hunk of chemicals specifically designed to stimulate my reward sensors. Being specifically designed means 'someone' created something to control my desires, my wants and ultimately me. I don't like being controlled. Therefore I shun junk food.

Fucking amazing workout tonight.

I'm so excited to able to work out again.

Cool. Being injury free is a rare and special gift for some of us :)

I try to think of junk food as being a hunk of chemicals specifically designed to stimulate my reward sensors. Being specifically designed means 'someone' created something to control my desires, my wants and ultimately me. I don't like being controlled. Therefore I shun junk food.

Wow, that's deep. I just look at my titties and it does the trick. Sometimes.

Archived