New York Legalizes Gay Marriage

Goddess Dictator

I really needed to hear some good news, and this qualifies beyond all measure. I love New York!

- sologdin, your avatar stopped spinning!

ETA - oh wait, there it went.

Here's a HuffPost article about it. I particularly liked this part:

But maybe you could argue that the 2011 George Michaels was Senator Roy McDonald of Saratoga, a Republican who was the first to announce that he was changing his vote to "yes."

"Well, fuck it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing," he told reporters. It wasn't "Give me liberty or give me death," but it was very Albany.

Guys, this is so weird. Gay Marriage passed in New York and I didn't suddenly turn gay. Isn't that what was supposed to happen? The world turns gay?

In all seriousness, thrilled to hear it. About time and let's hope the rest of the states follow suit.

Great news for New Yorkers, and about time.

Does New York have any sort of referendum system that could overturn this? If it does, you can bet that's where the social conservatives will aim next, in the hope that they can use it like they did in California and elsewhere to reverse the law.

Great news for New Yorkers, and about time.

Does New York have any sort of referendum system that could overturn this? If it does, you can bet that's where the social conservatives will aim next, in the hope that they can use it like they did in California and elsewhere to reverse the law.

Never happen here though. Apparently the straw for Reps was when they were shown localized polls that demonstrated very clearly that sizable majorities of their districts supported the measure.

Fine, fine work New York. 8 down, 42 to go?

New York alone, population wise, is larger than South Dakota, North Dakota, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Delaware combined. As states go, this is a BFD.

Never happen here though. Apparently the straw for Reps was when they were shown localized polls that demonstrated very clearly that sizable majorities of their districts supported the measure.

That, and New York doesn't have the same insane voter referendum stuff that led to California's ban.

Ok, I'll admit it. I actually cried watching Senator Saland's speech about why he was voting yes. Courage like that is what makes this country the greatest in the world my friends.

Guys, this is so weird. Gay Marriage passed in New York and I didn't suddenly turn gay. Isn't that what was supposed to happen? The world turns gay?

There will be some holdouts due to the need for propagation of the human race. You will be detained and held in special breeder enclaves, where... :spank: :whip:

Archived