[No Spoilers] EP 204 Discussion

Ran

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

Wow, that blew my mind a bit...will have to rewatch it again.

Joffrey is an idiot....wait till Littlefinger finds out. He is really off his rocker.

Loved the Grey Wind scene...neat start to the show.

Poor Sansa, she is really being humilated but loved Tyrion's entrance...did you see the horror on his face though.

Stannis/Renly scene....nothing is going to be solved there. I loved Margery Tyrell's comeback at Littlefinger...good woman!!!

I'm glad to see Cat tell Littlefinger off....he deserves it. I loved how he tried to tell Cat they could be together..like that would happen.....but then lies to her after. They only have Sansa not Arya.

The Harrenhal...wow...how vicous was that guy...Arya is so lucky Tywin saved her and the other prisoners there too.

Dany, finally got somewhere...but what's to say what will happen in the city.

The ghost scene was freaky.....no words to describe it....Davos was sure freaky.

The episode left me wanting more.....can't wait until next week...the build up is getting there.

Edited by nightshadow

Am I imagining things or what - Sandor's white cloak wasn't exactly the snowy white always described in the books. I mean, they're supposed to be dressed with white cloaks, not greyish-beigeish cloaks.

Why are you bringing up something that was established over a season ago? Is there some critical plot point I'm missing?

My guess is that having them in pure white made them look comical. Just like have jet black skulls in a dark cellar works in the books but not on camera.

The episode left me wanting more.....can't wait until next week...the build up is getting there.

The whole season has to be honest. They had 60 million to make this season and i cant believe we have seen much of it on screen. Hope that means the second half of the season will be epic.

Margery.....smart girl!

Finally Cat stands up and confronts Littlefinger.

Yet another wonderfully genius and amusing scene with Tyrion. This character is really growing on me!

And the tip of the iceberg: the birth scene.

Edited by Makea

Without doubt best episode of the season in my mind, that is saying alot considering we saw nothing of the North or beyond the Wall which are my favourite story lines from the books.

I really am starting to hate seeing Ros everywhere, but the scene in Joffreys chambers did what it needed to do which was to show how evil that little shit is.

Only disappointment with the episode and the whole season so far is the lack of interaction with the Hound and Sansa, i mean we saw the hound throw her a quick glance and she was being beaten by Ser Meryn and he did give her his white cloak like in the book, but it didn't have half as much power as it did in the book. They only have 4 episodes before Blackwater, if they don't give the Hound and Sansa so more interactions with each other before then i fear they will be destroying one of the best sub plots in the series.

With that said amazing Episode, best so far.

Edited by ICE CROW

Pretty cool episode, so far the best of the season. Amazed that it made me forget about Jon getting caught be Craster because the episode was already good enough. Only disappointment was depiction of Harrenhal, that's not how I pictured it at all after reading the books.

So, not a plot point or anything, but could somebody explain the torture at Harrenhal? They put a rat in a bucket strapped to the chest and heat it up with fire? What?

Loved Tyrion's saving of Sansa and Catelyn finally getting to tell off Littlefinger, it's about time. And Renly asking if Stannis was a ham after Melisandre says he was "born amidst ash and salt."

So, not a plot point or anything, but could somebody explain the torture at Harrenhal? They put a rat in a bucket strapped to the chest and heat it up with fire? What?

Loved Tyrion's saving of Sansa and Catelyn finally getting to tell off Littlefinger, it's about time. And Renly asking if Stannis was a ham after Melisandre says he was "born amidst ash and salt."

Yes, then the rat, to escape the heat starts clawing it's way through the victim's stomach.

They had 60 million to make this season and i cant believe we have seen much of it on screen. Hope that means the second half of the season will be epic.

Keep in mind that $60m will be spent to produce 1 HOUR of The Hobbit. I think GOT does an amazing job realizing the world with the budget it has, and I'm thankful that they choose to go quality over quantity with the effects work. For example by not showing Danys dragons outside Qarth, they had some extra money to make the Mellisandre's Shadow realy look incredible.

Edited by olibar

I can see why Tyrion came back to Kings Landing to give Cersei a hard time after being accused of trying to murdering Bran.

It was actually kind of him though, to send Ned's bones to Cat...sort of an apology about what happened. I hope she learns the truth about what happened.

I guess the Lannisters have Harrenhal (I haven't read book #2). I'm trying to figure out who was who there.

The whole season has to be honest. They had 60 million to make this season and i cant believe we have seen much of it on screen. Hope that means the second half of the season will be epic.

me too!

I can't imagine writing 5 or more pages of a scene, converting into 5-7 min of screen time that took 1-3 days to shoot depending on what kind of scene it is.

Am I imagining things or what - Sandor's white cloak wasn't exactly the snowy white always described in the books. I mean, they're supposed to be dressed with white cloaks, not greyish-beigeish cloaks.

As you've mentioned the books, I hope the mods don't shout if I answer you :D I actually re-read that very scene about a week ago and it does say how grubby his cloak was.

Who was the guy at Harrenhal asking about the brotherhood...I've watched it several times and they didn't mention his name...he is just an unknown or perhaps he'll be in the next episode?

He's 'The Tickler.' One of Gregor Clegane's men that is supposed to be good at 'extracting information.'