What small thing really annoyed you?

The Maester Cressen prologue, especially the part where he was getting mocked at the feast and made to wear the fool's hat, got under my skin. It really rustles my jimmies to see an elderly person getting picked on and humiliated.

If it was Walder Frey, I wouldn't have given a flying poop.

Being as it was the foster-father to Stannis, Renly, and Robert, though, I almost fucking cried.

Khal Drogo letting MMD treat his wound after repeatedly calling her a maegi and clearly distrusted her.

I saw season 1 of the show before reading the books and the every scene with MMD before the dragons hatched pissed me off to no end. I thought the tv execs changed the story because why would Khal Drogo be that trusting?

And then I read the book and it was worse - they go down to MMD's potions lab and let her spread unknown subtances all over Khal...good idea!

EDIT: And then the wound gets infected - MMD come save him! Do whatever it takes! I'll bring you his horse to slay! Very smart indeed

I think it's foreshadowing. GRRM will probably make him crash the Wall down with his bare.... "hands".

Could it be he has the Horn of Joramun between his legs and nobody knows?

----- I cannot believe I said that. I'm so very glad there are no more bedding ceremonies in my culture. I would out-embarass Fat Walda, Jory, Lord Dustin ....

:leaving:

Could it be he has the Horn of Joramun between his legs and nobody knows?

----- I cannot believe I said that. I'm so very glad there are no more bedding ceremonies in my culture. I would out-embarass Fat Walda, Jory, Lord Dustin ....

:leaving:

That puts a different connotation on "blowing the horn of Joramun"-perhaps I'll get that gay sex scene after all.

That's precisely what I meant!

"Joramun" sounds a bit like "Tormund" too. It probably derives from Tormund but, as the legend is very ancient, the name changed through the years.

It all makes sense.

Still so OT, but I'm glad that's finally settled. Probably a giant lady will be needed as a whistleblower, for size reasons, but then they say that giant women sometimes get nasty with wildling men, so that shouldn't be a problem.

ETA: @ Winter's Knight, true. I'm all for equal opportunity whistleblowing.

In aDwD when Doran is letting the Sand Snakes know about his plans, the general attitude of all of the Sand Snakes in this scene really annoyed me. Two things in particular especially annoy me and I think they are both said by Lady Nym.

The first is after Ellaria's "death begets more death" rant when Doran sends her away promising the safety of her children and Nym scornfully remarks "she obviously didn't know our Father". The second is when Doran makes them swear oathes of secrecy and Nym swears "by the name of Oberyn Martell, a better man than you" meaning Doran.

I mean seriously what an arrogant and ignorant bitch, the only thing that gives me some consolation is that I imagine if Oberyn himself had heard her remarks he would have backhanded her.

Archived