Confessions....Say What v3!

Some of my more popular threads were typed up while I was completely sloshed.

I think Robb was a twerp.

Posters like StanBam are changing my opinion of Stannis-I now like him a little more..

Well thats very kind WK, I just posted in the Baratheon thread the kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy about the Stannis/Dany camps, how posters have been going at it for a month, and everybody knows who sides where, so somehow liking the two has become mutually exclusive. We need a peace treaty of sorts. I happen to disagree with some of Dany's policy decisions and the cruelty of her forebears....that doesn't mean Stannis is the dumbest, ugliest, baldest person in Westeros. Nor the reversal is true that if you disagree with some of Stannis' moves, including the burnings, the shadows etc...that you shouldn't strawman the person bringing that up with Dany being the worst ruler in the history of mankind.

I love Stannis, have defended him many a time, and a staunch supporter of his skills and I want to include myself in the category of Stannis/Baratheon diehards....

....alas, my ever dying love is for Petyr Baelish, and I'm not so sure on how close Stannis comes...

:leaving:

I think you had the best confession of both threads combined with the drunken Red wedding reading

1. Your drunken Red wedding crying and reading

2. A person admitting to loving Randyll Tarly for telling Brienne "she could benefit from a good raping"

3. Jaime Lannister admitting to wanting Joffery to reach adulthood so he could see "this monster could have become with a few more years under his belt will always be a fascinating enigma to me."

Everybody loves Randyll Tarly for that, no? I mean among those who love him. The bloke was right to the core. I'm not being evil here, but it'd be the most bang-bang-shoot-me-down unrealistic folly of GRRM if Brienne got through the story without getting raped. Or at least dying, if nothing more. Brienne should meet Daario or some horny hungry black brother.

Anyway.

- Tyrion is a sorry dickhead, but Penny is worse.

- I am still unable to understand why Daenery/Drogo was not romantic

- I really don't want Sansa Stark to become a player but I really want her to go to bed with the Hound if he is alive.

- Dostoyevsky was more exciting than some Bran chapters.

- I don't give a fuck about Rickon or Tommen.

- This forum gets on my nerves more often than not, but I'm a mazochist, this is known.

- Dostoyevsky was more exciting than some Bran chapters.

This isn't saying much, since he's one of the greatest writers ever. Blame your translation. ;)

Anyway, I shall confess... hmm...

Oberyn Martell is the sexiest character in the series, bar none.

I got into the series because of the characters and their endless scheming and fighting, and the more I read about dragons, magic, Children of the Forest, rebirth of Ye Olde Heroes and what have you, the less interested I am.

I think GRRM's take on fanfiction is silly.

I'd love to see Bran, Stannis, Jon, or Dany go mad/evil/be on the 'wrong' side.

This isn't saying much, since he's one of the greatest writers ever. Blame your translation. ;)

Anyway, I shall confess... hmm...

Oberyn Martell is the sexiest character in the series, bar none.

Sadly I'm unable to read original Dostoyevsky - yet :devil:

Maybe it's the translation, or just me, just it took 1,5 years to struggle through The Adolescent.

i found Reek and Davos chapters in ADWD really boring to read.

I honestly don't get the Dany hate, when i first brought the books she was one of/if not the character i was most looking forward to reading. The whole idea of this rightful queen with dragons who will eventually come to westeros was really compelling for me, and i was interested to follow her storyline. But one mistake i made, was that i had pictured that by ADWD she would be in Westeros battling, only to find out she hasn't even moved on from Meereen at the end of the book.

<snip>

The nickname StanBam for you makes me think of BamBam from The Flinstones. I used to watch that all the time when I was a kid.

I get really annoyed when people call Tyrion a hero or claim that he's a good guy. Martin disagrees and just because someone does a few good acts does not make him either a hero or a good guy.

I'm a big supporter of SanSan. I'm out and I'm proud.

-I could never stand Bran, Danny and post-GoT Arya chapters

-I was never a Robb fan

-Theon is my favorite character

-I nearly cried when I learned that Beric gave his life for Cat's

-I came in to the series loving the Ironborn and now I can't stand them

-I don't hate Walder Frey

-Manderly is my favorite house

Edit: I also never understood all the love "Sandor+Sansa" has gotten

A confession that I was going to admit in the Sansa thread but realized it belonged here.

I'm sort of excited for the upcoming Red Wedding 2.0. Morally and intellectually I'm opposed to the idea, but for some reason I just can't wait to go through the emotional shocking twists that might come from this event. I like when fiction makes me have an intense emotional response, and the RW was one of those things that was pretty intense for me. I'm assuming that if there is a 2.0 that there will be something that happens that is shocking and devastating....like maybe a beloved character is present and caught in the crossfires or maybe it doesn't go as planned or....something.

A confession that I was going to admit in the Sansa thread but realized it belonged here.

I'm sort of excited for the upcoming Red Wedding 2.0. Morally and intellectually I'm opposed to the idea, but for some reason I just can't wait to go through the emotional shocking twists that might come from this event. I like when fiction makes me have an intense emotional response, and the RW was one of those things that was pretty intense for me. I'm assuming that if there is a 2.0 that there will be something that happens that is shocking and devastating....like maybe a beloved character is present and caught in the crossfires or maybe it doesn't go as planned or....something.

I can appreciate that. I'm generally opposed to the death penalty and appreciate Martin's message about vengeance. Yet, I'm looking forward to the idea of another RW. Reading Catelyn's final POV is pretty devastating for me so I find myself excited by the idea of something happening.

- I hate Dany with a passion. Everything she does is incredibly stupid and frustrating

- I want Stannis to rule the south with a Stark in the north... Seriously how cooool is Stannis.

-Essos does not exist to me.

- I actually hate Tywin and Roose more than the Freys for the Red Wedding. They were just Pawns.

- Dont get the whole San/San thing, one drunken moment from Sandor after Blackwater and people make them out to be Long Lost Lovers who are desperatley trying to return to each other.

- I would rather read "Fifty shades of Grey" than the Feast Prologue and Jojen Reed sections.

I find Roose Bolton to be exceedingly awesome. Especially as a villain.

I despise the Ironborn and everything to do with them.

I kinda like the Tyrells.

Old Gods > The Seven.

I love Bran's chapters.

I like Davos but his chapters are boring.

Melisandre gets on my nerves.

I dig the Night's Watch.

I do not like Littlefinger.

Varys is awesome.

I have a soft spot for Podrick. I just think he is adorable.

I had an erotic dream featuring both Ned and the Hound at the same time. :blushing:

I don’t think Cersei ever truly loved Jamie.

WTF happened to Ned’s bones?! If something disrespectful happened to them, shit is gonna hit the fan.

I would like to explore Sothoryos.

Imagining what Rickon is up to is more intriguing than reading what Dany is actually up to.

I’d like to hear more of what the Crow’s Eye has seen and done during his exiled years.

Bran’s chapters are the most captivating to me because they are the ones most imbued with magic and abnormality.

I’m really into folklore, old epic legends, and stuff like Grimm’s Fairy Tales and Aesop’s Fables, so I think Old Nan’s tales would be very interesting to listen to.

I think Littlefinger definitely had something to do with the Red Wedding—though he didn’t intend for Cat to be killed, of course. The whole Harrenhal-lordship-exchangal business is very fishy.

I never believed the story Varys told Tyrion about how he became a eunuch, but never doubted that he was one because he shows characteristics of low testosterone. After aDwD and reading through some enlightening forum posts, I’m skeptical whether he’s actually even a eunuch.

I've accepted that R+L=J is true, but I think it's the stupidest thing ever.

I hope Jon stays dead, but know he wont.

I never forgave Ned for killing Lady.

I never understood why everyone loves Asha Greyjoy so much. People like to say Dany is a self-entitled brat, but I think Asha is even worse.

I think Arya is extremely unrealistic.

As addition to my previous confessions (that I have disliked Dany since the first book, and almost shed a manly tear when Jon got assassinated) I need to add that I got a total mancrush on Brynden and Stannis. I instanlty hate people who dislike them.

I've accepted that R+L=J is true, but I think it's the stupidest thing ever.

I hope Jon stays dead, but know he wont.

I never forgave Ned for killing Lady.

I never understood why everyone loves Asha Greyjoy so much. People like to say Dany is a self-entitled brat, but I think Asha is even worse.

I think Arya is extremely unrealistic.

I shan't judge on this thread. I shan't judge on this thread. I shan't judge on this thread. I shan't judge on this thread. I shan't judge on this thread . . .

It's hard.

:P

Archived