Immediate reaction to Jon's assassination

Commander Jon Snow

People get off on their revenge fantasies on these boards, especially concerning those who kill Starks. It gets tiresome

Lol. While I don't think Giantsbane is the sentimental type, I can't imagine the NW killing Jon because he was allowing Wildlings to move south, then let the wildlings...uh...move south. I also can't imagine the wildlings moving north...so, looks like The BRAWL AT THE WAAAALL to me.

As a relatively new poster, I am hurt by remarks so many make about novice posters sharing their crackpot theories, old news to others, but meaningful to any excited with an idea they conceived on their own. Should we all research before posting? Or is it easier for anyone who does not want to read someone's brilliant idea, really just old news around westeros.org, to skip the post and not torture him/herself with reading yet again another familiar post by a newbie.

This makes me afraid to post.

I find similarities to Shakespeare throughout Martin's novels - not just Jon's death or undeath. I do think Martin does what Shakespeare intended - build suspense for the big moment by having Jon, like Caesar, ignore all the warnings to stay home from the Capital, call in sick. But Caesar (not as much Jon) is so arrogant, and 'immortal', he does not think he can be harmed. His advisers warn him that the gods announce the death of princes, but he believes he will appear a coward, one who believes his wife's bad dreams. [similarly, Jon has bad dreams fortelling his death].

I do not wish to convey a 'literal' copying on Martin's part - and I certainly do not wish to make people nauseous reading my post if I am repeating what others have said before me. So I apologize in advance.

I have seen in posts where one or both sides willfully ignore the logic of the other's arguments. I do not ever want to be like that. :drool:

I find similarities to Shakespeare throughout Martin's novels - not just Jon's death or undeath. I do think Martin does what Shakespeare intended - build suspense for the big moment by having Caesar ignore all the warnings too stay home from the Capital, call in sick. But Caesar is so arrogant, and 'immortal', he does not think he can be harmed. His advisers warn him that the gods announce the death of princes, but he believes he will appear a coward, one who believes his wife's bad dreams.

Fortunately Jon has better chances of surviving as Caesar only wore a toga and Jon is likely wearing thick clothing and perhaps a leather jerkin. And there were less people taking a stab a Jonny.

ps Brawl at the Wall sounds like top billing. With Tormund as Muhammed Ali and Bowen as Smokin' Joe Frazier.

Fortunately Jon has better chances of surviving as Caesar only wore a toga and Jon is likely wearing thick clothing and perhaps a leather jerkin. And there were less people taking a stab a Jonny.

ps Brawl at the Wall sounds like top billing. With Tormund as Muhammed Ali and Bowen as Smokin' Joe Frazier.

:agree:

I wrote an entire post on Jon's cloaking - esp. since Martin discusses it when he fights with Rattleshirt, and the Freys wore their mail under their clothes, (in brief).

Yes - 33 stabs did Caesar take, according to Plutarch, and Brutus stabbed once, but nailed him in the groin - symbolic last slice. :fencing:

I like to use the little fighters in Jon Snow death posts!

It's said that during your second life (inside a warged beast) you slowly fade away, however, we don't know what Jon's possible second life in Ghost will be like, what with him being a direwolf, which are more intelligent than other creatures.

Maybe Jon will take a quill in his teeth and write a letter.

And maybe he'll learn how to juggle, snubbing that mean Thorne guy once and for all.

That would be cool. juggling Ghost come´s back. and than Howland Reed comes and tells Thorne that the man he bullied all the time, because he thaught it was the son of the man he fought against (Ned) is in truth the son of the prince he fought for (Rhaegar).

I would love to see Thorne´s reaction on that.

I'm all for the Brawl at the Wall. I don't think the story will follow the Caesar example, because GRRM writes several ways through a story and then takes what isn't obvious or easy.

So aside from a brawl, a stunned silence or a scramble for new alliances, what are the possibilities?

What was it that was said?

"Kill the boy, and let the man be born?"

They'll attempt to burn his body, and he'll rise "a la Dany."

He's absolved of his vows, because the NW is thoroughly corrupted, and he is free to become what he truly is.

Fear and chaos will ensue, people will scatter, Jon will gain his own followers and then march on WF, and then the South.

Dany and Aegon will clash at some point, and Jon deals with who is left, and then they fight the Others.

What was it that was said?

"Kill the boy, and let the man be born?"

They'll attempt to burn his body, and he'll rise "a la Dany."

He's absolved of his vows, because the NW is thoroughly corrupted, and he is free to become what he truly is.

Fear and chaos will ensue, people will scatter, Jon will gain his own followers and then march on WF, and then the South.

Dany and Aegon will clash at some point, and Jon deals with who is left, and then they fight the Others.

I really like this!!!! :cheers:

First off answering the OP: i was doing my business on my personal "throne" lets just say that the business flooded out as i read the line :bawl: :ack:

Jon i don't think is dead, and if he is i would HATE if he is ress. by mel or anybody besides Val or old god magic. Jon still has stuff to do from trying to save the world to cleaning up Direwolf droppings in his quarters

Archived