Who will be the final POV character?

I think it's either Bran or Sam. I tend to go with Bran because he was the first POV (symmetry) and also the one, if he becomes a tree, who'd have the easiest time looking back from the future. It wouldn't surprise me if the entire thing is just one long epic that Bran himself is telling.

Oh Sam would be excellent as well

Intrinsically I have no problem with it being Bran but using symmetry as the reason is injecting something into the series that isnt there to begin with. If it is any of other GRRM works, I missed it. More of a reader wish than a prediction.

I read recently that Ros the Whore is going to be replacing Jeyne Poole's role in the fifth/sixth books. *shudder*

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU HBO?

That is very odd. I mean using a prostitute works with the book but she looks NOTHING like Arya so how are they going to pull that off? Taking fake Arya out of the picture will require major reworking of the Winterfell/Battle for the North plot.

I believe Bran will be the last POV also. On second thought, Sam could end the series telling/writing the story of the War of the Five Kings or the adventures of the Stark children (titled "There and Back Again: The Wolves Tale" B).

I'd like tree Bran as the final PoV, and then Rickon as the epilogue reflecting and starting to rebuild the Stark family and Winterfell.

This. With Rickon's epilogue not death but renewal. I'd like to see it from a few years down the road too.

Where are people coming up with new POVs? Did GRRM change his mind or are we just wishing here? Not that it matters i am just trying to get some clarity on some of these ideas. As for Rickon, GRRM says he has a hard time with that character which is so young. So if it is to be Rickon, let's hope there is a nice long time delay so GRRM can get into his head.

The last POV will be the villain from Star Wars VII, just before blowing up Westeros and Essos with the Death Star III.

Benjen Stark (Mace Windu) gathers all the Jedis (COTF) for one final epic battle....then Tyrion interrupts the reader asking where so whores go? Elijah Wood throws a ring at him and storms out.

• 4 weeks later...

This may sound farfetched but I think and hope Barristan the Bold has the last PoV. I know it sounds quite unlikely but having him survive would be like marking the end of an era and the beginning of a new one. He is very old and has seen the best and worst of times in the past era. He has served aerys and robert and seen the kingdom transform from a targaryen kingdom to a baratheon kingdom to a kingdom in turmoil and then whoever holds it by the end. He has seen more than anyone alive that has a PoV (I think, jon connigton is old too but i think younger and he is a dead man anyway). Barristan living would be bittersweet and ironic; most of the young people warring have died while he lives on. He would have been the only person to see the WHOLE story...from aerys' descent into madness to until the conclusion of the series. I think it'd be a great ending, marking Barristan as the one who has seen the whole thing play out.

Plus I'd love to see a Varys epilogue...he has so much control and influence playing one of the greatest puppetmasters since Iago (not as evil...maybe?). Seeing into Varys' mind would be wonderful and something I've wanted since he "allied" with tyrion in ACOK. Another possible epilogue could be Melisandre? Or obviously a Hot pie epilogue, stating how he has been pulling the strings all along.

Archived