Who will sit the iron throne?

Swafford25

Aegon, then Dany will probably both sit on the throne briefly before either Westeros breaks apart or a long lasting king sits on the throne, who does draw his claim from Targaryen ancestry or Stark. His claim will be as the saviour of Westeros.

Several people behinds will polish the Iron Throne before all is said and done. I have a feeling that even Mace Tyrell will get his turn somehow and in a replay of history become the second Harren Hoare. Who will sit it as king/queen in the end is a random guess right now, but I would love to see either Daenerys or Jon on it at the end.

I respectfully disagree. Tyrion has a better sense of wrong and right than you think, and I think that he'll genuinely try to help Dany. Not that he won't be rewarded, and he'll make sure that he is (*cough cough* Casterly Rock *cough* *cough*). But Tyrion is the only one, IMO, that wouldn't help her, and I believe that he will. Why would the others not help her, I ask you?

Jon will call on his uncle Tyrion to fight the WW. He'll ride his dragon there, and die as a hero.

It's sad and distressing. Tyrion is short himself, he deserves a long life, to offset all his suffering. :crying:

It has to be a targaryen look at what happens when one not of targ blood sits on that thing. Has soon as robert left it the whole realm went to pot that shit is way too symbolic for me to not take seriously. So either one sits there or just let them realm be split again, but with the others on their way that seems unlikely.

I found foreshadowing for who will sit the IT.

Kevan Lannister could feel it [the Iron Throne] at his back, an itch between the shoulder blades.

When the third dagger took him [Jon] between the shoulder blades

Jon will sit the Iron Throne in the end.

It has to be a targaryen look at what happens when one not of targ blood sits on that thing. Has soon as robert left it the whole realm went to pot that shit is way too symbolic for me to not take seriously. So either one sits there or just let them realm be split again, but with the others on their way that seems unlikely.

I agree with this. It will be Dany or Jon. The throne must return to the rightful dynasty. The Targaryens.

Jon or Rickon will sit the Iron Throne when it is all said and done. I lean toward a young Rickon at a rebuilt Harrenhall,(event hough its cursed) I believe this could really open up a future story.

Jon or Rickon will sit the Iron Throne when it is all said and done. I lean toward a young Rickon at a rebuilt Harrenhall,(event hough its cursed) I believe this could really open up a future story.

Rickon has no claim to the IT, and I think he is more likely to be in WF.

I doubt there'll be an Iron Throne at the end. Just like in Meereen, Dany will destroy the throne that symbolised conquest and violence; and just like in Astapor she'll establish a ruling council. But unlike in Astapor, she'll preside as the figurehead of the council to ensure their safety, prevent uprisings, and implement policies. Basically what Aegon the Conqueror did, but instead of letting his sisters and his Hand rule, she'd let a representative council rule.

If it's not Dany, I hope it's Shireen.

I doubt there'll be an Iron Throne at the end. Just like in Meereen, Dany will destroy the throne that symbolised conquest and violence; and just like in Astapor she'll establish a ruling council. But unlike in Astapor, she'll preside as the figurehead of the council to ensure their safety, prevent uprisings, and implement policies. Basically what Aegon the Conqueror did, but instead of letting his sisters and his Hand rule, she'd let a representative council rule.

If it's not Dany, I hope it's Shireen.

Why would she do that? If she won, she'd consider her claim (and her family's claim) to be entirely vindicated.

Why would she do that? If she won, she'd consider her claim (and her family's claim) to be entirely vindicated.

I don't understand what you're asking.

All I'm suggesting is that Dany would get rid of the oppressive Iron Throne and introduce a council to rule on her behalf. She would still be the Queen of Westeros, just like Aegon the Conqueror was the King of Westeros despite not ruling Westeros.

Stannis and Jon and Roose and Rickon and Arya and Aegon and Mace and Jamie and Daenerys and Victarion and Euron and Catelyn and Melisandre and Littlefinger and Sansa will all destroy each other before any of them get anywhere near to the IT, whilst Tommen who falsely inherited it, has no real claim to it, never wanted it, and never makes any effort to keep it, sits pretty before inviting Bran around to tea. The moral? Perhaps if you weren't all so damn greedy and jealous and vengeful you would all still be alive?

The end.

I found foreshadowing for who will sit the IT.

Kevan Lannister could feel it [the Iron Throne] at his back, an itch between the shoulder blades.

When the third dagger took him [Jon] between the shoulder blades

Jon will sit the Iron Throne in the end.

I would have interpreted that differently. That the IT will be the death of Jon somehow. I'm thinking being impaled on it.

I dont think Daenerys will sit the IT or rule Westeros in any sense. I agree with the "dragons plant no trees" theory, that is that Dany is not a ruler but a conquerer. Her campaign in slavers bay and her failed rule of Mereen are perfect examples of this. Dragons are forces of destruction, and she only barely has control of Drogon.

That being said I also cant see Jon sitting the Iron throne, its too LOTR for GRRM, who is a huge tolkien fan. i.e. Aragorn = Jon snow and a forgotten heir returns to rule the kingdom after killing the bad guys.

Archived