Where will Daenerys take us?

Spilly

Well if we are to believe that Quaithe is trying to help her I suppose Asshai would be the best destination. But once she takes Khal Jhaqo's Khalassar she may want to go back to Meereen to see things settled there first.

Asshai, Valyria, the big unknown continent to the west of Westeros that I think exists, and many other lands unexplored in the books, but I don't think we'll get any of these except perhaps Valyria.

To beyond the wall to fight the Others. Because I believe GRRM has hinted that we will be seeing more of the north and going more farther to the north and we won't be seeing Asshai at all.

I think Bran and possibly Jon will see the Land Of Always Winter. I cant see Dany going that far north. That weather would disagree with Drogon.

I think Bran and possibly Jon will see the Land Of Always Winter. I cant see Dany going that far north. That weather would disagree with Drogon.

That's logical, but I was going for a "thinking outside the box" approach. ;)

I want her to go hang out with Quaithe in Asshai. I really wanna see Asshai and Dany is the only character who has the possibility of going there. (and the means)

If not there, probably Valyria. But i really hope its Asshai.

I agree. I would love to see Asshai and I also believe that the only chance we get is with Dany.

The only problem with this is I can't picture Dany gone for months again. What will happen with Meereen? A battle is about to happen and I think GRRM wants to tie up that story line.

One thing that I've always thought possible is that Dany will basically gather all the Dothraki together then head back to Meereen. While this happens all the slavers are defeated and Meereen is secured with Barristan pretty much ruling. I can picture Vic using his horn and stealing the two dragons though and heading back to Westeros. When Dany gets back to Meereen with her new army she finally has an urgent reason to head to Westeros to get her dragons back.

I can't picture Dany being gone that long though and making a trip to Asshai or another exotic location. With so many plot lines that need to be wrapped up in apparently 2 books there just isn't enough time.

I can't picture Dany being gone that long though and making a trip to Asshai or another exotic location. With so many plot lines that need to be wrapped up in apparently 2 books there just isn't enough time.

Well he has said that WoW will be about 1500 pgs and DoS will be about 1900 pgs so he may have the time to send her there, but I think if he does, we will only get to see her memories of it.

But...but then she wouldn't return?

Valyria is our best bet, but perhaps Dany will be the one to go farther North than we've ever seen.

wouldn't that be lovely? :wub:

I say we will finally see the forgotten Free City, Lorath, through her Eyes :D

No more Essos please!! With all respect, GRRM's Essos stuff sucks against the Seven Kingdoms.

I still can't even picture Braavos in my mind, because the description sounds so weird.

EDIT: And if Feagon only needs 100 pages to get to Westeros, why not Dany. No Asshaian Knot please.

No more Essos please!! With all respect, GRRM's Essos stuff sucks against the Seven Kingdoms.

I still can't even picture Braavos in my mind, because the description sounds so weird.

EDIT: And if Feagon only needs 100 pages to get to Westeros, why not Dany. No Asshaian Knot please.

Yes, please.

I can't with that place anymore.

Dany needs to go west.

Interview July 2011

GRRM: I’m not sure if we’ll actually ever go to Asshai. You may learn more about it through Melisandre or other people remembering it or talking about it.

We won't see Asshai, but GRRM said we might see Valyria. I think Dany will see it with Tyrion given that there are two times when he sarcastically says he'll be getting a palace in Valyria. He might recover Brightroar there.

In terms of places she is likely to go, Volantis seems probable based on the heavy foreshadowing and Dragonstone because of the symbolic element to it, so if she was going to visit anywhere new to us, I think it would have to fit within that itinerary.

Some possibilities: Valaryia, Lys, the Stepstones, and Tyrosh.

Archived