We all agree that Jon IS going to be resurrected right?

AegonSnow

He isn't dead. GRRM won't use resurrection too much, otherwise it will no longer be interesting when it does happen. Three times in five or six books is enough (for a series in which magic is represented in such a way).

Maybe he'll get ressurrected, marry a nice other, and bring peace between the white walkers and the realms of men.

Just like the night king tried, until people started meddling in his love life.

Unless we believe that annihilation of the white walkers is plausible, peace sounds like a more likely solution.

And what better way to cement peace than a marriage?

I don't think he is dead. I do think he will have a similar experience to Bran though.

Resurections, from what I understand, don't actually bring the person back to life. They are dead, just in a different way. They don't eat, don't sleep, don't drink - just walk and talk and think. Which, I guess is one of the main parts of living, but that can change a person.

I seem him as continuing on with the night's watch, but differently to how he was before, in a more...liberated way, without all the restrictions of before.

I can't see the rest of the NW following a dead person.

There's no chance that Jon is permanently gone. There are many different scenarios that could occur, though.

1) He's just severely injured and will be healed.

2) He wargs into Ghost as his body dies.

3) Dies and is given the kiss by Mel. This could also happen after #2 and is what might save his humanity and make him different than Beric or Uncat.

Either way, I think he's done with the NW. He's either undead or the NW don't want him, anyway, as demonstrated by the assassination. He'll no longer be handcuffed by his vows and can do whatever the hell he wants.

I don't think he is dead. I do think he will have a similar experience to Bran though.

Resurections, from what I understand, don't actually bring the person back to life. They are dead, just in a different way. They don't eat, don't sleep, don't drink - just walk and talk and think. Which, I guess is one of the main parts of living, but that can change a person.

I seem him as continuing on with the night's watch, but differently to how he was before, in a more...liberated way, without all the restrictions of before.

I can't see the rest of the NW following a dead person.

This really does make me wonder if all these resurrections are not, in fact, just a form of skinchanging.

Not the same thing, of course, but closely related. That would partly explain the wights; Others skinchange into the dead as they die, keeping enough of the "original" present to control the perpetually dying flesh. Perhaps there's a shelf life, however - as with skinchanging into an animal when you yourself have died, perhaps the dead thing slowly becomes something else, over time losing all vestiges of what it originally was.

This would explain why those who die and rise again feel and act "different".

Maybe this explains Coldhands, too? Maybe it works so that whatever skinchanges into the dead to make them rise slowly loses control. With most, this results in death, but what if the dead was a skinchanger to begin with? Perhaps they can hold on with their original flesh in a way they couldn't with another's.

Maybe blood magic and skinchanging are also one and the same thing - except rather than the skinchanger using the power of their own blood, the blood mage uses the power of someone else's blood.

<snip>

Hmm interesting... I'm not sure if all resurections are related to warging.

I think that Thoros and Mell and all the other red preists do fire related magic tricks - so get there powers, so to speak, from that side of things.

Warging and wight-making, while I think is different (though we don't know enough about wights to say) I do think they are both related, in that they are both on the ice side.

Hmm interesting... I'm not sure if all resurections are related to warging.

I think that Thoros and Mell and all the other red preists do fire related magic tricks - so get there powers, so to speak, from that side of things.

Warging and wight-making, while I think is different (though we don't know enough about wights to say) I do think they are both related, in that they are both on the ice side.

I suppose fire and blood go together, especially since blood magic seems most potent when there is also fire.

And skinchanging is certainly more prevalent in the cold places of the world.

But I think separating fire and ice is wrong; Melisandre says she feels more potent, more powerful, at the Wall. The wall is clearly ice. I think this shows us that all the magic is one and the same - or at the very least, is at its most powerful when different "kinds" of magic are mingled together.

I suppose fire and blood go together, especially since blood magic seems most potent when there is also fire.

And skinchanging is certainly more prevalent in the cold places of the world.

But I think separating fire and ice is wrong; Melisandre says she feels more potent, more powerful, at the Wall. The wall is clearly ice. I think this shows us that all the magic is one and the same - or at the very least, is at its most powerful when different "kinds" of magic are mingled together.

Oh I agree with the mingleling part - but I think they started out as seperate

I also thin that blood goes with ice and fire, because of the images that Bran saw and the talk of First Men sacrifices

• 2 years later...

Why would Melisandre try to resurrect Jon, even if she could, which I'm not sure she can?

Because she may start to believe he's Azor Ahai. Have you forgotten how when she tries to see visions of Azor Ahai she only sees snow.

Archived