We all agree that Jon IS going to be resurrected right?

AegonSnow

He dead.

Actually I really hope he's dead. Just for the lols.

I really hope he isn't dead. After five books, to have such a huge setup for a character to then just get killed by getting stabbed in the back (literally) by some no name characters... it's a bit of a letdown really. I value a good story more than realism - there are dragons in this story after all. And having Jon die just to prove that no one is safe would feel like his entire plotline was a waste of time reading. Not all would feel that way, but I would just feel a bit cheated.

I really hope he isn't dead. After five books, to have such a huge setup for a character to then just get killed by getting stabbed in the back (literally) by some no name characters... it's a bit of a letdown really. I value a good story more than realism - there are dragons in this story after all. And having Jon die just to prove that no one is safe would feel like his entire plotline was a waste of time reading. Not all would feel that way, but I would just feel a bit cheated.

I feel entirely the opposite way. Too many characters are getting their arses hauled out of the fire. He should be dead and stay dead because it's much more interesting if all this theorising about R+L=J and AA and blah blah blah was just hot air and nobody actually has a damned clue.

This is pretty clear prophecy of Jon warging into Ghost, and then becoming a man again.

In fact, its one of the few prophecies that are pretty straight-forward. I mean, what else could it possibly mean?

We're all agreed right?

I was never convinced of that interpretation as being the absolute.

In a previous vision we see what is obviously the 3 eyed crow and Bran. The boy with the head of a wolf who howls. I took that as a pretty clear cut association of him warging into Summer (although I guess we could associate it with the sigil of his house, the warg connection was the first I came to).

I never took it as 'Jon will warg into ghost upon his death' but as 'Jon is a warg' - Even seeing other people interpret it that way made me wonder if that was the case, why didn't we see 'a white wolf' instead of just 'a wolf'. I'm not about to sell my soul on the certainty of that, but I've not been convinced of the alternative being presented.

As for the certainty of resurrection, I'm not entirely convinced he'll need to be - that he will die. Quite injured yes - but not dead. Then again I don't think the 'AA reborn' (which seems to be the common 'Jon will die and be ressurected.......as AAR') is a literal death and resurrection either - it's the mythical hero 'come again', it's not mentioned in any of the prophecy snippets that the person will die (or that they'll have to reenact the Lightbringer forging legend either - so I think all the Nissa Nissa stuff is also barking up the wrong tree).

Theres a lot of "A life for a life" going on in this series. I think Jon will run into some of that too. We saw it with Dany and her pyre with dragons, we saw it with Arya's arc, we saw it with UnCat, Mel, etc. Jon's probably gonna get in on that action too. (and i think Theon will be the catalyst.)

I feel entirely the opposite way. Too many characters are getting their arses hauled out of the fire. He should be dead and stay dead because it's much more interesting if all this theorising about R+L=J and AA and blah blah blah was just hot air and nobody actually has a damned clue.

Just as he's about to 'enter the light' Bran pops into his head 'Oh... dude.. btw... You're L and R's long lost bundle' then >>POP<<

I think I'd laugh so hard I'd pee just a little. Yeah there is a bastard side of me that hopes he's dead dead dead, just so I can read the reactions on Twitter.

It's a definite maybe.

Definitely maybe. One of Oasis' genius. Unless they're quoting someone, then I'm in eternal shame.

Anyway, the prophecy could just as well mean he's a warg.

Now, my opinions:

1. I don't think Jon will be resurrected. Cat being resurrected by a Red Priest is deus ex machina enough. Another resurrection in the same fashion for another Stark fan favorite would be poor writing.

2. Some people like to think Bran will have something to do with Jon's revival just because they don't like Mel. I think it will be Mel, her connection to Jon is growing.

So, in short, I think Mel will heal him, not resurrect him.

How would I do it?

Jon wargs Ghost.

1. Jon is not dead, but he enters a coma-like state and wargs ghost for a long time.

2. Everybody thinks he's dead. Unresponsive and all.

3. Mel realizes he's alive, because she's wise, though she does not fully understand what's happening. She gets his body and start her witchcraft to heal him.

4. Beautifully written chapter about Jon losing his mind becoming Ghost... Until he sees something shocking and remembers he's Jon. (He sees the Others' army? Benjen? Bran or Hodor warged by Bran?)

5. Jon wakes up, but his prolonged stay with Ghost makes him wilder. Specially after his shocking view.

That's how I'd do it. No resurrection, but it's as if and cooler.

snip

Usually I dont really like your comments(different view of things,it happens) but this one is well thought, make sense, isnt fanboyish And doesnt require some cheap ressurection for someone who was stabbed only 3 times (+ 1 scratch on the neck) but 4 crying men who were clearly not aiming at any vitals spots.

Jon wargs Ghost.

1. Jon is not dead, but he enters a coma-like state and wargs ghost for a long time.

2. Everybody thinks he's dead. Unresponsive and all.

3. Mel realizes he's alive, because she's wise, though she does not fully understand what's happening. She gets his body and start her witchcraft to heal him.

4. Beautifully written chapter about Jon losing his mind becoming Ghost... Until he sees something shocking and remembers he's Jon. (He sees the Others' army? Benjen? Bran or Hodor warged by Bran?)

5. Jon wakes up, but his prolonged stay with Ghost makes him wilder. Specially after his shocking view.

I'd be happy with this.

Not dead, not even comatose, injured badly and in need of some serious R&R. Wildling healers maybe inc Val? or that Mona? with the weirwood mask? will nurse him back to health and Boraq will teach him about his Warg abilities.

I agree with those who say Mel's vision was merely confirming him as a warg, after all he has only had Wolf dreams at this point right and not actually gone into Ghost of his own free will whilst awake. He isn't yet fully aware of or embracing his Warg talents. His down time will see him being tought about his skill and learning to control his time in Ghost, leading to him spending a lot of time as Ghost whilst bed ridden, exploring and discovering many things.

I also liked what was said about AAR reborn not having to mean a literal resurection and the forging of lightbringer having to be re enacted. I always thought that idea , there needing to be a new Nissa Nissa was OTT. So I'm jumping on that wagon too.

Archived