Can a Jon Snow + Daenerys romance work in the final book?

total1402

she may have already left essos by the time any of them catch up with her or grrm could write at a faster pace or this that or the other could happen, just because aspects of the story are heading in a certain direction means nothing

Indeed. Plus, if there are more POVs at a certain place, the storyline can be made to progress much more quickly there - GRRM can't present three Dany chapters in a row, but he can give us a Dany, then a Tyrion and then a Vicky.

It simply wouldn't make sense for the character to not return to Mereen. Martins explanation that Drogon doesn't want to go back but obeys Dany in most other things was pretty contrived. If she can fly him at all then she should be able to take him back.

Uhm...Sorry I haven't read everything but-

I really hope there won't be a Jon/Dany romance. I think they would hate each other. Dany is much too arrogant and self absorbed (right now anyhow). And anyway, there's not enough time/books left for it to develop. Dany has to reach Westeros first!

Jon seems to have a penchant for slightly wild, emancipated women, which Dany isn't really IMO. well, she is kinda, but differently from Ygritte, or Arya, or generally women in the north (Dacey, Alysanne etc.). I think Jon felt some affection towards Alys, also.

Dany doesn't fight her own wars, and plays up her gender role (how often does she say "I'm only a young girl..."?) and she considers herself as a sex object. She's similar to Cersei and Margaery in that way. How often does Dany rely on her looks? When she realizes Xaro is gay, she finds herself troubled because she knows he doesn't care for her breasts...that's a horrible way of thinking, and it shows that in spite of her best efforts, she is not in fact emancipated. I mean... Daario?!

I can see Jon with Asha (though they would have some issues to overcome, and again, time is ticking), with Alys (though we barely know her, but she is at the wall already) with Arianne somehow too (though probably impossible, time, again is the argument) and..finally with Val (Jon finds her attractive and thinks that she and Ghost belong together). I think Val is the most likeliest prospect-

Unless Jon finds himself 'seduced' be Melisandre- :ack:

But not with Dany.

So the blue rose...it's spreading 'sweetness in the air' IMO, it's a metaphorical picture about Jon 1) being the son of Lyanna, 2) doing good work up at the wall, with his dealings with Wildlings. As in, he's trying to spread tolerance and that's the first step towards unity against the bigger foe.

I never got the feeling that Dany played up her appearance. In fact she seems blissfully ignorant of the fact shes so hot she should be melting through the pavement. She rarely relies on her looks or thinks consciously about it compared to Cersei who places great stress on her immense beauty. Dany only notes once or twice that a man glanced at her; both times she was wearing a Qaartheen gown.

I never got the feeling that Dany played up her appearance. In fact she seems blissfully ignorant of the fact shes so hot she should be melting through the pavement. She rarely relies on her looks or thinks consciously about it compared to Cersei who places great stress on her immense beauty. Dany only notes once or twice that a man glanced at her; both times she was wearing a Qaartheen gown.

I disagree. I'm currently in a reread, and I notice that Dany is far more focused on appearance (including her own) than I first thought. She is quite vain, me thinks. Just now I read her last chapter in A clash of Kings. When she walks though the Quartheen harbor, she muses something along the lines of how no captain wants to give her people a ride, despite her beauty and Jorah's size and strenght.

I guess if you gave me a hot air balloon I'd be able to "fly" it on day one but wouldn't know where the frick I was going or how to change directions. (haven't been to balloon steering school).

The above poster was suggesting that Dany would fly Drogon and Dothraki towards Westeros whilst the Battle of Mereen is still ongoing. This requiresa her to be in control of Drogon. I don't believe Dany would leave Barristan, her Khalessar and the Unsullied to die.

I disagree. I'm currently in a reread, and I notice that Dany is far more focused on appearance (including her own) than I first thought. She is quite vain, me thinks. Just now I read her last chapter in A clash of Kings. When she walks though the Quartheen harbor, she muses something along the lines of how no captain wants to give her people a ride, despite her beauty and Jorah's size and strenght.

That particular example doesn't seem vain so much as it seems realistic. If she's as earth shatteringly beautiful as people say, it would stand to reason that she would have a thought now and then that it will help her.

Honestly, I'm still on the side of them fighting.

I see no evidence of a romance. I see no evidence of an alliance either. Ever since I came to the conclusion somewhere in book 3 that The Others are not some evil force and there is more to them than meets the eye, I began wondering if they are really going to be fought against by everyone. There is evidence they have an ancient connection with the Starks, there is evidence Bran is going to be involved with them and not entirely in some adversarial way. There has been a North vs. South undercurrent to the story in physical and mental tones since the inception of book 1. And on top of that, there is evidence through careful use of metaphors and symbolism that the North is associated with ice, and evidence the South is associated with fire. "Winter is Coming" what is it about? Is it a metaphor for many things? Or does it have something to do with The Others and their connection to the Starks?

So for over a decade now, I believe the story of Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen is a story of the leader of the ice forces (Jon Snow) vs the leader of the fire forces (Dany). And in typical GRRM fashion as they both lay dying on the field of battle they realize they are related and all of it could have been avoided.

If they will be romantically involved? Probably yes.

Will they have sex? Yes

Will they die? Yes.

No happy ending for these two. I guess it doesn't matter the way Jon returns, he will have to die again by ADOS. (Remember, ressurected people don't belong in this world)

Daenerys is pretty much destined to die considering all the scenario. I can't see her surviving the Last Night 2.0, honestly.

Dany doesn't fight her own wars, and plays up her gender role (how often does she say "I'm only a young girl..."?)

That's because she knows that the people she's saying that to will believe it.

I don't see anything wrong with that really. She's being manipulative and using what strengths she has to adapt herself to the male dominated world she currently lives in. Seems smart to me. She has no martial training and no practiced knowledge of true battle command or war planning, so she's using what she knows men want to see and hear.

It wouldn't work, I think. They will meet each other and probably one of them will fall in love (I guess Dany), but it wouldn't and it won't work.

And I'm pretty sure they will be dead at the end of the series. I'd like a happy ending for them, but Jon has his fate written in the stone. Dany could survive, but I doubt it also

That's because she knows that the people she's saying that to will believe it.

I don't see anything wrong with that really. She's being manipulative and using what strengths she has to adapt herself to the male dominated world she currently lives in. Seems smart to me. She has no martial training and no practiced knowledge of true battle command or war planning, so she's using what she knows men want to see and hear.

I'm not saying it's not smart. To a certain extend, yes it is. My point was that I can't see Jon liking a woman who acts this way.

She doesn't seem his type... I honestly think that Jon loved Ygritte, or at least had a lot of affection for her...he respects women like Alys and Val, too. And more important, these women don't see him as a bastard, they don't care about his birth, and consider him as an equal or a friend.

Would Dany see him as an equal? or as a man beneath her station?

I don't see Jon and Dany romantically involved either; their relationship would come off as super hokey. Plus, Dany isn't Jon's type and vice versa. In my opinion, Jon has a better chance of ending up with Val, Alys (if husband dies), or even a Mormont woman than Dany or a Southerner. No idea who Dany would marry, but I have a hard time seeing her be the one that GRRM wants on the Iron Throne at the end of ADoS (if the Irone Throne is left).

I don't see Jon and Dany romantically involved either; their relationship would come off as super hokey. Plus, Dany isn't Jon's type and vice versa. In my opinion, Jon has a better chance of ending up with Val, Alys (if husband dies), or even a Mormont woman than Dany or a Southerner. No idea who Dany would marry, but I have a hard time seeing her be the one that GRRM wants on the Iron Throne at the end of ADoS (if the Irone Throne is left).

I agree! I don't think that Jon is her type either. Dany likes flashy things...uhm, men. Her reaction to Quentyn, Jorah, and Daario indicates that, I think. Quentyn is sweet but not comely enough, Jorah is sweet but too old, and Daario...is Daario. A Blue bearded, macho and arrogant type of man, who overplays the praise, and treats women like objects. And she falls for him. What a fool.

I can see Dany marrying fAegon. He seems her type IMO. With his silver hair and purple eyes, he has the look of a prince perfect and a coky arrogance to match... Jon would appear distant, cold, and broody to her. The only thing that might appeal to her in Jon, is his big dangerous wolf. But she'd have to see past her hatred for Starks first, because I do think that Viserys brainwashed her quite a bit.

No. Dany would only have to say one wrong word about Ned Stark, and Arya would go off on her, then Dany would respond how you can't talk to a dragon that way, and the next thing you know it would be all out war between them. Jon would never side with anyone over Arya. Jon will choose the Starks, and never cozy up to the Targs IMO. Plus, Dany and Jon wouldn't work, you have to tip toe around her to tell her issues, and Jon is a blunt Stark. It would never work with him trying to tell the hard truths and her not wanting to listen to them.

I think the answer can change with timeline I mean how many years last two book will contain if there is time jump or chapter involve more time period in the end there is definitive possibility they can be together ( I don't want this personally ) if in the end Dany became more mature not being f. racist they can be together.But I think WoW and DoS in focus mainly north and winter and from title Dream of spring I don't think we are going to feel hot in the end. So if book end in the winter which I think it will be happen I dont see any chance but wide time period maybe....

Archived