What did the Hound do with the 40k dragons he won at the Hands tourney?

Jslay427

I mean, we've heard it said that much less then 40k dragons is a fortune. I know the Hound has a love for the wine, but there is no way he could have drank it all away.. Why would he stay in KL after winning such a large amount of money ?

He stayed in King's Landing because he was Joffery's sword shield. It's funny that with Thoros winning the melee and Anguy the archery contest, almost all of the tournament winnings ended up in the hands of the brotherhood.

I don't know, I remember a thread discussing this stuff and I guess Martin wasn't really consistent with money quantities. From other passages, 40k dragons really seem like an enormous amount of money.

RumHam.....Love the name. Haha.

Also this.

Btw, did you know that David Benioff and Dan Weiss wrote a Sunny episode about Charlie for the upcoming season? I hope it's awesome.

I don't know, I remember a thread discussing this stuff and I guess Martin wasn't really consistent with money quantities. From other passages, 40k dragons really seem like an enormous amount of money.

Also this.

Btw, did you know that David Benioff and Dan Weiss wrote a Sunny episode about Charlie for the upcoming season? I hope it's awesome.

I need to see this. Maybe it'll be a period piece like when the gang cracked the liberty bell. Charlie does have literacy comparable to westerosi standards.

I need to see this. Maybe it'll be a period piece like when the gang cracked the liberty bell. Charlie does have literacy comparable to westerosi standards.

haha, I heard it's a Flowers for Algernon thing where charlie gets smarter by taking a pill.

edit: there actually is a thread: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/31187-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia/page__hl__%2Balways+%2Bsunny

The Hound won 40K at the tourney, but he only had 10k left when the BwB stole it from him--at least that's what the note they gave him was for. I kind of assume he purchased Stranger with some of it. Not sure how much a war horse goes for, though.

As far as why he would stay, why not? He was loyal to the Lannisters who gave him a prestigious and probably well-paid position as Joffrey's sworn shield (originally Cersei's) and lived at court. Besides, his little bird was there.

40 k dragons seems like a shit ton of money, enough to live the rest of your life on.

Sandor is a simple man, he likes wine and dreaming of killing his giant brother. The

Brotherhood should last a while if they have most of that. I mean, remember Pate thinking he'll never possibly be able to get one dragon?

He stayed in King's Landing because he was Joffery's sword shield. It's funny that with Thoros winning the melee and Anguy the archery contest, almost all of the tournament winnings ended up in the hands of the brotherhood.

That's interesting. I didn't pick up on that.

I would think a guy like Sandor, similar to a hedge knight or sellsword, would keep his wealth in his horses, weapons, armor & kit. Did he buy Stranger after the tourney? I recall him saying that he HAD to find that horse when he returned to the riot in KL. But I still don't see what he did 30k. and the 10k he would have been carrying would have weighed like 375 lbs! Wouldn't that require a couple of pack mules?

Archived