What Are You Listening To? Version X: Loud and Proud

Alex.

Right now I'm listening to

I love how literal the band name is.

And now I'm listening to

It's different from their other songs, at least from the ones I like the most, but I'm really liking it.

One song I've been listening to a lot lately is

It's great and I love it! Why can't there be more songs like this? I can't wait to hear the full album.

...And now I'm listening to

. God, I love Spotify!

And now I'm listening to

It's different from their other songs, at least from the ones I like the most, but I'm really liking it.

It is just magnificent. The whole album is a complete unqualified triumph.

You know, I think I predicted back in the early days that Arctic Monkeys would be a flash in the pan. Good on them for proving me wrong.

I am also glad that you were wrong in that case!

From what i have heard so far it's the best album of the lot and Stop The World may be my new favorite song. Also it's out tomorrow in Europe isn't it?

Yep, out this morning. It's definitely in the top 2 with their debut IMO. I find it difficult to compare them though as they come from such different places and mean such different things to me. AM is an album to dance to. It's got some serious groove to it.

Stop The World... is a great tune. For reference, the B-Side from the third single of AM is better than every song on the new Babyshambles album by a distance.

AnotherHedgeKnight, Snowstorm and others - If you're interested I've written down some thoughts comparing the Arctic Monkeys new one with the new Babyshambles effort and why they're both successes, if in different ways

Nice work man although i never got into Babyshambles being honest i never truly rated them especially compared to Arctic Monkeys. Just listened to their iTunes gig and as usual they live up to expectations even though they sounded a little dodgy at times.

Also had some classic CCR on the go Proud Mary is a song and a half

Nice work man although i never got into Babyshambles being honest i never truly rated them especially compared to Arctic Monkeys. Just listened to their iTunes gig and as usual they live up to expectations even though they sounded a little dodgy at times.

Haven't had a look at the itunes gig yet. Tempted to just ignore it and wait for the Earl's Court one at the end of October.

Babyshambles - Fair enough. Only their first album (and the demos) are worth listening to anyway really. Down In Albion is a mess in parts but is almost untouchable when it hits the heights. Most exciting album of the decade for me, even though it's mad and messy in parts.

AnotherHedgeKnight, Snowstorm and others - If you're interested I've written down some thoughts comparing the Arctic Monkeys new one with the new Babyshambles effort and why they're both successes, if in different ways

I have never heard of the Babyshambles. But I have listened to AM and it sounded good, but I guess I was hoping for something more or different maybe, because aside from the singles, nothing really stood out to me (this is kind of how I felt after hearing the last The National album). I need to give it a second listen.

The new song by The Arcade Fire, "

" featuring some motherfucking David Bowie.

Listen to it, because it is badass.

It's really good! I can't wait to hear it with the rest of the album!

The new song by The Arcade Fire, "

" featuring some motherfucking David Bowie.

I love Arcade Fire!

This is one of my favorite songs ever. Thanks initially to The Vampire Diaries, a year ago it was constantly on repeat! Florence Welch's haunting voice <3

Right now though, a song that always brighting my mornings by Kasabian, Fast Fuse.

Archived