Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Puff Fish

Planetos or GRRth or ...?

325 posts in this topic

What do people call the planet of Ice and Fire? Personally, I like Planetos even if it does sound like what would happen if GLaDOS from Portal became a planet. Thoughts?

I always thought Planetos sounded like something out of a bad name generator. Westeros sounds cool. Essos is meh. Imagine some Essosi character using it: "Behold. My kingdom. My Essos." Not bad, but not that good either. Planetos on the other hand, in my opinion, just doesn't sound good at all but until Martin gives us an actual name for the world-highly doubtful-its what we have to work with.

After that stuff on the ground: Earth. There's no reason why it can't be called Earth, and seeing that there's earth on the ground, then it suffices as a name. Other than that, maybe it could be called Hodor.

I always thought Planetos sounded like something out of a bad name generator. Westeros sounds cool. Essos is meh. Imagine some Essosi character using it: "Behold. My kingdom. My Essos." Not bad, but not that good either. Planetos on the other hand, in my opinion, just doesn't sound good at all but until Martin gives us an actual name for the world-highly doubtful-its what we have to work with.

Essos sounds good if you say it with a Greek accent. But Planetos sounds weird, yeah.

Planetos sounds sci-fish and GRRTH sounds like the noise a cat makes when throwing up.

Er... I don't know, just emphasise the last syllable and read the last "s" as "sh". Something like that :P

Inconsequential Heretical world, # 334612.

How is that pronounced?

How do you think? :P

It's GRRTH. It is known.

Planets are named for Roman gods, so clearly the proper name is Aquilon, the roman god of the winter winds.