[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for TV series: Season by Season

Thousand Islands

The Blue-ray extras are "canon" for the show, and the Citadel is in Oldtown, the Reach, they won't change that now, but I can see them pushing that storyline for season 6 (when it may become relevant). Sam could have the Theon treatment next season and only be for 3 episodes (arranging Jon's election, leaving the Wall, some scene with Arya and Aemon's death).

As for fArya, she can be any person, and it's not that she need a big introduction, just have Roose explain the "plan" to Ramsay and that's it. Same with Theon recognizing her, anyone in Winterfell will know who Theon Greyjoy was, and he has been living there his whole life for not knowing her. In the books Theon didn't give a f*** about Jeyne either, until they are in Winterfell and see her again.

And even if they really feel the need to give her more background or some conection to Theon's past, they can make her Ser Rodrick's daughter or Ros's sister or something like that, but IMO it is not necessary

I'm curious how they'll handle Cersei's arc after her first two AFFC chapters which I presume will be in the s5 premiere. We know that they're including the High Septon but who will bump off the old one for her? Lancel maybe if he comes back? Or will we actually get Ketlleblacks? They may have to alter the events that lead to her downfall because show Cersei just isn't as femme fatale-y as her book counterpart. It would be pretty abrupt if she just started seducing strange men with no indication prior in the show that she was willing to go that far. But obviously her adultery is what leads to her capture by the Faith. That might mean that they'll have Lancel come back and act as her Kettleblack and then later repent and whatnot. Either that or they make her conspiring against Marge about something other than sex.

i want to believe that cersei seducing jaime in the season 4 premiere is a sign that she'll be using her sexuality to get what she wants next season.

and natalie dormer said this in an interview:

But that will be a question, her virtue. And it's an unfair question, but given the time and place, slut-shaming is a part of this world ...

... in this fantastical medieval world that we're in, yes. It's a very uncomfortable spotlight. But it's about the purity of blood. It's not so much about promiscuous behavior — it's about keeping the bloodline pure. You want whoever is sitting on the throne to be of the heritage, of the genealogy of the family. So it's not just saying, "She's a whore." It's not a comfortable or pretty scenario for Margaery to be in at all, but she's not just some cold-hearted, calculating cow that will do anything for power. She's been given an instruction, and they're so deep into the game now, she has to follow through. So we're getting deeper and deeper into the machinations, and it gets more dangerous the further forward she steps. And we can predict that Cersei is going to make that path as rocky as possible. And Cersei is an immoral bitch. [Laughs.]

so here's hoping that it will be all about sex. lol seriously the seduction and sex aspect is played down its just going to boring as shit. i want to believe that D&D will keep true to that, especially because the walk of shame just doesn't make sense without it.

Well, we know they're doing the walk of shame from Lena interviews in which she's said that D and D have talked about that scene. Lena said then that it could either be in season 5 or season 6, but this was many months ago so they would've decided when it will occur by now. As I suggested she could put Lancel to task in place of a Kettleblack, but then he's not quite as charming as they're supposed to be, so I doubt it's all too plausible that Marge would go for him. As characterised thus far though, I can't see show Cersei letting a Kettleblack have his way with her as part of a plan. Replacing them with Lancel would make sense for show Cersei then, but not show Marge.

Well, we know they're doing the walk of shame from Lena interviews in which she's said that D and D have talked about that scene. Lena said then that it could either be in season 5 or season 6, but this was many months ago so they would've decided when it will occur by now. As I suggested she could put Lancel to task in place of a Kettleblack, but then he's not quite as charming as they're supposed to be, so I doubt it's all too plausible that Marge would go for him. As characterised thus far though, I can't see show Cersei letting a Kettleblack have his way with her as part of a plan. Replacing them with Lancel would make sense for show Cersei then, but not show Marge.

ugh Lancel is so fucking ugly though lol. i really don't want to see a lancel and cersei kissing/fucking. I just want them to cast someone hot as Osney for the eye candy. well Cersei is supposed to be going CRAZY in season 5 so i think it could work, especially considering how she seduced jaime in the finale.

i do think we'll hear casting for more people in king's landing though. the high sparrow, septa unella and lollys is simply not enough. Cersei needs a small council.

but yeah i'll be pissed if cersei isn't seducing someone in season 5 because the walk of shame will completely lose its effect if she doesn't

She'll have Qyburn and Pycelle whose dynamic has already been set up by the finale. And Mace and maybe Kevan if they bring him back (which they should). They may well still cast Kettleblacks but if they don't I'd rather Lancel fill the role than Meryn Trant, as other people have suggested. She'd sooner fuck Lancel again than him, of that I'm certain.

She'll have Qyburn and Pycelle whose dynamic has already been set up by the finale. And Mace and maybe Kevan if they bring him back (which they should). They may well still cast Kettleblacks but if they don't I'd rather Lancel fill the role than Meryn Trant, as other people have suggested. She'd sooner fuck Lancel again than him, of that I'm certain.

but like you said the idea of Margaery flirting with Lancel and finding him attractive is laughable. hell even the idea of Cersei sleeping with him again after Blackwater is laughable.

Qyburn is great, but I really do hope they at least cast a couple of the more charming characters from the book (Osney, Taena, Aurane...) because otherwise I just feel that it will be very dull.

Well, we know they're doing the walk of shame from Lena interviews in which she's said that D and D have talked about that scene. Lena said then that it could either be in season 5 or season 6, but this was many months ago so they would've decided when it will occur by now. As I suggested she could put Lancel to task in place of a Kettleblack, but then he's not quite as charming as they're supposed to be, so I doubt it's all too plausible that Marge would go for him. As characterised thus far though, I can't see show Cersei letting a Kettleblack have his way with her as part of a plan. Replacing them with Lancel would make sense for show Cerise then, but not show Marge.

Just my own personal opinion , I found events in Feast and Dance at KL some of the least interesting stories in the series of ASoIaF ...

Much of the 'power play' stuff is been-there-done-that.

When Jamie leaves its just Cersei and Marge. I am glad they have revved up Marge on the show and I hope they can develop a real cat-fight for power at KL rather than the some what milquetoast soap opera that George bored me with in the books.

That my opinion , all the interesting stuff happens away from KL so it will be interesting to see.

So far they have rejiggered the travelogues of SoS to fit the 10 episode format , what was interesting about those on the page does not make interesting visual narrative drama.

Tho I do like Tyrion's rather weird journey which has got enough goofy stuff in it to make it interesting... Sam's travels... I wonder that may be shortened , I guess it will be used.

I've never thought of the idea of Lancel taking the role of the Kettleblacks, but I like it. I was afraid they were going to give that role to Meryn Trant, which would be laughable. But I think Lancel could work well. I guess they could introduce a merged version of the Kettleblack brothers, but there's so many new characters introduced in season 5, and Lancel and Cersei's relationship is already established on the show.

I wonder what some good episode titles would be. daggers in the dark, a ghost in Winterfell, theon, crows eye, the flayed man and the false wolf, walk of shame.

Here's my very early predictions:

01. Hear Me Roar (The beginning of the fall of House Lannister)

02. The House of Black and White (Arya begins her training with the Faceless Men)

03. The Seastone Chair (Ironborn heavy episode ending with the Kingsmoot)

04. Sorrows (Tyrion's adventures in the Sorrows and the general feeling of some characters)

05. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken (The climax of Jaime's mission in Dorne and the Queenmaker plot)

06. Turncloak (Winterfell heavy episode. Ramsay and fArya's wedding and Mance's arrival)

07. A Thousand Eyes and One (Something Bran. Maybe learning more about Bloodraven)

08. A Ghost in Winterfell (Theon's rescue of Jeyne and their flight from Winterfell)

09. Mother of Dragons (Draznak's Pit, the Walk of Shame, the battle of Winterfell)

10. The Fall (A lot of character's lives go to shit right around here. Jon, Dany, Cersei, Kevan etc.)

Disclaimer: Some of these I've borrowed from other predictions.

^ I think most of those titles, while good, are too one-event specific. Unless that one event is huge, or that story by far eclipses any other in that episode, the showrunners usually don't use titles that allude to only one storyline.

I agree with many of the posts here about King's Landing. It's rather obvious there will be a strong focus on the conflict between Cersei and Margaery, which we saw a preview of at Tyrion and Sansa's Wedding (3x08) and Tommen's Coronation (4x05). "If you ever call me sister again, I'll have you strangled in your sleep" - Cersei. "I won't even know what to call you...sister or mother" - Margaery. I would think that Kevan and Lancel have to return because most likely Cersei will send Jaime to Dorne to retrieve Myrcella from the Martells and Cersei's power will spin out of control eventually leading to her downfall (Walk of Shame). In the premiere, I think it will include Tywin's Funeral and Cersei burning the Tower of the Hand after discovering Tyrion's escape. The finale should include Varys returning to kill Pycelle and Kevan to either make room for Aegon to take King's Landing (if he is in the show) or Daenerys (if she begins sailing for Westeros). Tommen and Margaery's Wedding, Qyburn's experiments and the reveal of Ser Robert Strong, and Cersei plotting to remove the Tyrells that eventually fails also should be in Season 5.

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/23/familiar-face-returning-game-thrones-season-5/

Jaqens returning! My guess he's going to replace the kindly man or there will be a scene with him assassinating Balon.

I dunno how bringing him back will work because everything he does in the story after he leaves Arya is Jaqen with a different face. Would he just change back to the old face? It would make more sense if Arya arrives at the House of Black and White and sees Jaqen but finds out it's a different person and the Jaqen we know just borrowed his face for whatever reason.

I was wondering how they were going to do Arya's Braavos storyline since it isolates her so much from everyone but adding Jaqen (who is a definite show fan favorite) back in makes that storyline click into place. It also explains why they name dropped him a couple times this season and featured him in the recap for the finale.

In terms of how they integrate him into canon, it makes a lot of sense to have him be the one to train Arya as opposed to the Kindly Man and I'm sure they'll get him back to Westeros in due time to do whatever he's supposed to do there.

I have a hunch that they're going to slow down Sam's story and not feature Oldtown in S5. There's been no casting or new shooting locations mentioned that would indicate it's happening (although we're still early days). With some of the events of the Wall being delayed (LC election etc), Sam, Gilly and Aemon won't get away for a while and he probably ends up in Braavos near the end of the season because Sam running into Ayra is the kind of thing D&D really wouldn't pass up.

And because Jaqen and Sam's ultimate destination appears to be Oldtown, there's always a chance they link up in Braavos to set up going there together in the following season. Possible I suppose.

^That sounds like what they'll do. But s6 will be packed, I assume, so something big better happen with Sam there. Of course, none of us really know and won't until that goddamn TWOW comes out (or until s6 airs before TWOW comes out, but that's another story).

I can see Sam still being at the wall for the first 3 or 4 episodes, then in Braavos for most of the rest of the season, finally getting his boat to Oldtown near the end. I suppose that Aemon will probably die next season - I don't see them saving that for the first episode of season 6, so I guess there will be one episode where Sam is on the boat with Gilly and Aemon dies, and he...gets to satisfy his curiosity finally for Aemon's funeral.

I'm not sure why we'd expect Oldtown to make it into the show at all. It hasn't been set-up and casting a bunch of characters and making sets for yet another location sounds unlikely. Oldtown would be the first sub-plot I'd put on the chopping block.

I'm not sure why we'd expect Oldtown to make it into the show at all. It hasn't been set-up and casting a bunch of characters and making sets for yet another location sounds unlikely. Oldtown would be the first sub-plot I'd put on the chopping block.

I think you might be speaking too soon. It is set up to be very important in WoW IMO. But we won't see it in season 5.

According to the agency, Tom Wlaschiha is in the main cast. If this is indeed true, then Jaqen must be taking the role of the Kindly Man, right? I can't see him be in the main cast if he's only going to pop up here and there, pushing Greyjoys from bridges and that kind of stuff. Then, the agency could also be wrong, I suppose. But Jaqen becoming Arya's new mentor is something this show could do, so sounds reasonable.

I can see Sam still being at the wall for the first 3 or 4 episodes, then in Braavos for most of the rest of the season, finally getting his boat to Oldtown near the end. I suppose that Aemon will probably die next season - I don't see them saving that for the first episode of season 6, so I guess there will be one episode where Sam is on the boat with Gilly and Aemon dies, and he...gets to satisfy his curiosity finally for Aemon's funeral.

They don't have to be on a boat for Aemon to die. All that stuff with Aemon, and Sam and Gilly getting it on can happen in Braavos. Then in the final episode they get a ship ride with Jaqen.

Archived