Video Games: The (over-priced) Expansion

Relic

I don't think it requires super human to get to decent, it just requires constant practice to get all the basics happening from your subconscious...once you've got that you can focus on the other stuff while maintaining the "pylons and probes". Trying to pick it up for a few games once every 6 months however just doesn't cut it >_<

I just can't handle the immense amount of multitasking it requires. One-track mind. Sure if I practiced the shit out of it I could probably get better but I don't have the drive for that. I will continue to look upon those who play this game well as demigods and make these normal bots quake in fear of my 50APM :lol:.

Oi, that's my APM too! I played a bunch back when it came up and got into diamond with that shitty apm :p Of course I probably wouldn't crack bronze now! Been too scared to even try since HOTS! MOBA are more forgiving on the odd chance I have time for an online strategy game.

Oi, that's my APM too! I played a bunch back when it came up and got into diamond with that shitty apm :P Of course I probably wouldn't crack bronze now! Been too scared to even try since HOTS! MOBA are more forgiving on the odd chance I have time for an online strategy game.

I don't even have HOTS. Just playing with Wings of Liberty. I kinda want to get HOTS just to play the campaign because Zerg is the best faction obviously :P but I dunno. Maybe if I can get it on sale, not really worth it for $40.

Sweet I got in to the Elder Scrolls Online beta event for this weekend. I'm guessing it's one of those server stress test weekends where pretty much everyone who applied got an invite though and actually playing will be impossible :lol:.

Oh well, looking forward to giving it a shot.

I really liked the HOTS campaign, much stronger than WoL imo. It being Kerrigan's story doesn't hurt there as she's really the main character of SC.

I still haven't finished the WoL campaign actually. I need to do that.

Anyone here try Resogun (PS4)? I took a flier on it today, and it is a fun little game. It might be the best exclusive ps4 game at launch, which isnt saying much. At least it's free (for PS+ members)!

I haven't played it yet, but I'm a little hesitant. I'm not sure if you read IGN or not, but one of their editors, Colin Moriarty, is pretty much "all in" on that game. That's what makes me hesitant. Every time he praises a game, it ends up being "meh".

My brother got the PS4, and I enjoyed Killzone. I don't think it deserved the mediocre reviews it received.

I don't trust IGN at all, I just saw the user score on PSN and I gave it a shot. Plus it was the only free title that wasn't a massive download. I just read Colin's review, and damn he's gushing over it. It's worth a try, but just not what Colin's saying. That dude is nuts.

I've been hesitant to get Killzone because of the poor reviews, but if it's not that bad then I'll give it a shot. I'm not really in it for the graphics, as my PC is sitting in the next shelf space. So for gameplay, does it have the same heavy gunplay of the previous KZ games? That was really my only gripe about them.

So I'm not up to speed on all the new console gen chatter, but I'm looking to replace a ps3 in the comping months. My situation is that I currently have a bunch of games downloaded and tied to my psn account, so I'm not interested in moving to the x-box since I want to keep those games of course. But has there been any talk at all of being able to someday play those old ps3 downloaded games through the ps4? (Most of them are mainstream games that you could also buy on disc, I just downloaded them instead.) If so, I'd probably bite on the shininess of a new toy, but if not I'd hate to lose all the games I've bought and will just buy another ps3.

I got Assassin's Creed IV today, and I'm totally loving it. It's clearly better optimized than its predecessor, and looks absolutely gorgeous. I've sunk about five hours into it, and it's probably my favorite game in the series. It doesn't suffer from the incredibly slow opening as AC III, but it does take a while until you get to pilot your own ship, especially if you get distracted by the ridiculous amount of side-quests like I was.

The story's pretty good too. It's not as bloated as it was in the last three games, and I'd say it's probably just as interesting as AC II's if not more.

Edward is a very likable character, as are most of the other pirates. The opening sequence was pretty surprising since Ubisoft always marketed Edward as an Assassin, and not...well, a pirate wannabe-Assassin. Havana was a great introduction to the world, with interesting, fun and diverse missions. I've only gone through a few of the Nassau missions, and I like them as well. All the pirates are interesting eccentrics, especially Ben Hornigold.

The present-day storyline is also kind of intriguing, and I'm happy that they're not forcing you to play it like in the previous games. I'm glad they put it in, you can learn a lot of interesting tidbits about the backstory of the historical characters, as well as pick up hints about where the series is headed.

Oh my

IGN has learned from multiple sources that Telltale Games is developing a game based on George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones.

It’s worth noting that, while “Game of Thrones” is the title of HBO’s series based on Martin’s books, the series itself is actually known as A Song of Ice and Fire, and the first book is titled Game of Thrones. It’s currently unclear what title Telltale will be using for its game, and whether the storyline will be based on the show, books, or something entirely new.

We reached out to Telltale and received the following statement from Steve Allison, SVP of Publishing:

“We get these sorts of rumors about what we could be working on next cropping up all the time. Officially we have no comment

Please be true, please be true, please be true.

Just hope its not like the first Game of Thrones game. That was not a good game.

True. But the horrible strategy game and the really poor RPG were both by Cyanide, not Telltale; and Telltale has an excellent recent track record.

Hector,

I'd say avoid it then. The game is almost Halo-esque, in my opinion. Not that that's a bad thing. I like it, some people may not. If you're on the fence about it, I'd say wait until a price drop, or forego it altogether.

Oh my

If it's true it will probably be awesome. Fingers crossed.

I got Assassin's Creed IV today, and I'm totally loving it. It's clearly better optimized than its predecessor, and looks absolutely gorgeous. I've sunk about five hours into it, and it's probably my favorite game in the series. It doesn't suffer from the incredibly slow opening as AC III, but it does take a while until you get to pilot your own ship, especially if you get distracted by the ridiculous amount of side-quests like I was.

The story's pretty good too. It's not as bloated as it was in the last three games, and I'd say it's probably just as interesting as AC II's if not more.

Edward is a very likable character, as are most of the other pirates. The opening sequence was pretty surprising since Ubisoft always marketed Edward as an Assassin, and not...well, a pirate wannabe-Assassin. Havana was a great introduction to the world, with interesting, fun and diverse missions. I've only gone through a few of the Nassau missions, and I like them as well. All the pirates are interesting eccentrics, especially Ben Hornigold.

The present-day storyline is also kind of intriguing, and I'm happy that they're not forcing you to play it like in the previous games. I'm glad they put it in, you can learn a lot of interesting tidbits about the backstory of the historical characters, as well as pick up hints about where the series is headed.

I just got access to the ship, haven't gotten to Nassau yet though. I 100% completed Havana, so I was there for quite a while. Started getting some serious performance issues when I got out onto the sea, game crashed after a while. Hopefully that was an isolated incident.

Sweet I got in to the Elder Scrolls Online beta event for this weekend. I'm guessing it's one of those server stress test weekends where pretty much everyone who applied got an invite though and actually playing will be impossible :lol:.

Oh well, looking forward to giving it a shot.

I got one of those, too. Only experience I've had with the beta was a whopping 2-hour stress test back in September; I wasn't terribly impressed with that brief sample but I'll log in some this weekend and see if it can change my mind.

Oh my

Oh God, yes! My inner fanboy just exploded.

Telltale, please confirm. Soon.

I just got access to the ship, haven't gotten to Nassau yet though. I 100% completed Havana, so I was there for quite a while. Started getting some serious performance issues when I got out onto the sea, game crashed after a while. Hopefully that was an isolated incident.

The only issue I've encountered so far was a minor frame rate drop when I was boarding a Frigate, but it only lasted for a few seconds, wasn't really a big deal. Anyway, I really like this game. I've been waiting forever for a real open-world Assassin's Creed game, and Ubisoft didn't disappoint. There's nothing as satisfying as forcing an enemy Man O' War into a storm and watching it get ripped apart.

Oh my

And please be on the books and not the tv series - nothing against the HBO version just Telltale could do so much more with the depth of the novels

Just hope its not like the first Game of Thrones game. That was not a good game.

The story of the rpg was actually quite good especially the third act just a shame the combat was dull and voice acting patchy at best

Archived