Princess and the Queen confirms......spoliers

Suzanna Stormborn

To me it shows a supernatural air to the Targaryens, and suggests that trauma during pregnancies = deformed, unnatural birth. What's more, this birth of the deformed foetus may also be linked to a change in personality or, as somebody posted in another thread: waking the dragon.

Alternatively, both births may have been the result of blood or shadow magic, although in the case of Rhaenyra she did not realise she had been subjected to it

If this is the case, then I suspect we'll get a similar revelation that the Starks/First Men have a, uh, similar connection with the Children of the Forest.

The Others.

I see, now that the fire immunity bullshit has been torched (no pun intended) once and for all, people are moving on to the next thing. Literal dragon blood!

You kids.

A common thing in fantasy. Not surprising that it's the case here as well.

The Others.

Which, if true, just further strengthens my idea that the dragons and Others are two sides of the same destructive, extremist coin and that both must ultimately be destroyed. B)

You'd think though that there'd be far more deformed dragon babies than just the two, 170-odd years apart. Especially considering how prolific the family got there for a while.

The existence of birth defects in Rhaenyra's child is interesting, but Visenya isn't all that comparable to Rhaego. Rhaego's body had undergone a lot of decomposition and was far more bestial than Visenya, whose birth defects could happen to any child.

Visenya's birth defects also didn't happen spontaneously. She would have developed like that and been born with the same defects regardless of the stress on her mother.

I see, now that the fire immunity bullshit has been torched (no pun intended) once and for all, people are moving on to the next thing. Literal dragon blood!

You kids.

I know admitting you are and have been wrong all this time is very hard and probably will not happen. It doesn't matter. Facts are facts and you should get used to it.

Which, if true, just further strengthens my idea that the dragons and Others are two sides of the same destructive, extremist coin and that both must ultimately be destroyed. B)

You'd think though that there'd be far more deformed dragon babies than just the two, 170-odd years apart. Especially considering how prolific the family got there for a while.

And how would we know about any other deformed babies in the subsequent 17 decades??? Have those stories been written or published?? NO they have not, but 2 in the same family have happened. Blatantly ignoring facts from the texts is just stubborn and discredits you..............old people

I think both are awful, but The Others are worse.

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends."

But a long winter is something dreadful.

*shrugs*

Dragons-Fire harmful but ultimately more preferable than

Others-Ice and winter

Point is freezing cold is worse than burning heat

Archived