Single most frustrating decision. Character by character.

BaseBornBastard

/side eye/

She's so much better as a fabulous, pirate babe.

Of course she is :cheers:

I was just being exaggerating, but seriously, she did everything right, and the only reason she's not ruling the Iron Island and half the North is because she wasn't a man (therefore losing the Kingsmoot)

I completely disagree. They still would have gone after her. I'm not sure it would have kept them from making the threats either.

I'm also not sure the war was a long time coming but I do agree that something had to be done about Aerys.

Jon Arryn was clearly laying the foundations for war. That the Starks would agree to marry outside of the North is quite unusual when it seems to be a custom to marry a high-ranking family within your own region to help solidify bonds. There's not really any suggestion that it was normal for Great Houses to marry into one another outside of war, when it was a means of securing loyalty with key allies (like the Martells and Targaryens).

Lyanna was promised to Robert Baratheon and Brandon to Lysa Tully. I cannot see any reason why so many marriages would be promised unless it was in preparation for mounting an army in rebellion. They didn't necessarily plan on supplanting the Targaryens, possibly just raising Rhaegar somewhat early or forcing Aerys to abdicate. But it's pretty clear they were preparing for a revolt of some kind.

I can't believe, people think Cat's only bad decision was taking tyrion lannister captive, she has mad bad mistake after mistake, stupid mistake after stupid mistake and in turn cost her life, robb's partly and started a war that would end the life of many good men and women, as well as her husbands and his best friend. Good men like Renly and SmallJon Umber….

This is IMO and i respect that other may not view it like this, but i just cannot understand why...

Dany - When she and Grey Worm, Ser Barristan and most of her other advisors personally help those dying of the pale mare outside of Meereen. Thus, making the probability that the people most important to her rule will die of the disease astronomically higher. I could really pick so many of her decision from SOS or DWD. She makes so many decisions based on emotion rather than strategy.

Balon - For being completely irrational. He simply doesn't understand that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Robb is declaring his independence from the Iron Throne and makes no claims on the Iron Islands. Balon also seeks to declare independence from the IT, but rather than attacking his enemies the Lannisters, attacks Robb. The Ironmen really have no chance of any long-term rule in the North, as the two cultures are simply too far apart. The only reason they can take the North in the first place is bc of Robb's war.

Dany - When she and Grey Worm, Ser Barristan and most of her other advisors personally help those dying of the pale mare outside of Meereen. Thus, making the probability that the people most important to her rule will die of the disease astronomically higher. I could really pick so many of her decision from SOS or DWD. She makes so many decisions based on emotion rather than strategy.

Balon - For being completely irrational. He simply doesn't understand that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Robb is declaring his independence from the Iron Throne and makes no claims on the Iron Islands. Balon also seeks to declare independence from the IT, but rather than attacking his enemies the Lannisters, attacks Robb. The Ironmen really have no chance of any long-term rule in the North, as the two cultures are simply too far apart. The only reason they can take the North in the first place is bc of Robb's war.

How did I forget to post that Dany moment.

I don't think this series has really angered me aside from that moment.

Of course she is :cheers:

I was just being exaggerating, but seriously, she did everything right, and the only reason she's not ruling the Iron Island and half the North is because she wasn't a man (therefore losing the Kingsmoot)

It seems more that she lost because he had a looser understanding of her people's own desires then Euron, along with her and Vic not being able to come up with an agreement causing a split in the anti-Euron vote more then just that she is a female. Also, I doubt her plan to rule half the north would lasted any time before the Northerners told her to get bent and retook the territory.

Archived