How many of you think Daenerys will survive..?

Usman Mir

:agree: If the series is limited to two more books I believe Dany will return to Westeros halfway through tWoW.

She'll sit the IT in her own name, at least for a while. After that she'll bow to Jon and acknowledge his reign. To take her Essosi possesions and followers into the fold they'll marry and she'll reign as Queen.

They'll deal with the others. Jon might die, but I think Dany will live.

I seriously hope she doesn't die in childbirth, that would be boring.

You made me puke.

First one, it's known.

Stannis himself doesn't even believe to be AAR, Aemon noticed his sword isn't the real lightbringer and Mel already stopped seeing Stannis in her flames when looking for AAR. Also other red priests already think Dany is AAR. So i don't think she's needed to slay that one.

And on-topic. I've read "the princess and the queen" and dances of dragons seem very unhealthy business for Targaeryens. High death rats and everyting. With only 2-4 Targs left, i'd think the probability of death is high.

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

To me there is a difference between them being reunited and MMD words that "he ill return". One would seem to indicate that Dany will die the other that she'll live to see the return of Drogo or the return of her love.

I think this particular prophecy has already been fulfilled with Drogon coming back to her at the end of ADWD (in the grasslands), seeing that Drogon is basically Drogo in dragon form.

Correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not a native speaker but I think that most people wrongly think that "bear a living child" can only mean "birth a living child". But to the best of my knowledge "bear a living child" can simply refer to Dany being pregnant of a living child (and she probably was pregnant up untill the moment she ate those berries).

If you use that meaning than all the pieces of the puzzle seem to have clicked together at the end of ADWD with Drogon's return when she's wandering on the Dothraki Sea.

I think this particular prophecy has already been fulfilled with Drogon coming back to her at the end of ADWD (in the grasslands), seeing that Drogon is basically Drogo in dragon form.

Correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not a native speaker but I think that most people wrongly think that "bear a living child" can only mean "birth a living child". But to the best of my knowledge "bear a living child" can simply refer to Dany being pregnant of a living child (and she probably was pregnant up untill the moment she ate those berries).

If you use that meaning than all the pieces of the puzzle seem to have clicked together at the end of ADWD with Drogon's return when she's wondering the Dothraki Sea.

Great post! I agree with this.

I don't doubt she'll survive until the end of the series, and perhaps beyond it. With Tyrion and Jon, she's one of the three most important characters.

And, she must be one of the protagonists in the second Dance of the Dragons.

I think GRRM has gone way too far in-depth with the Targaryen Dynasty for her to die. I love it all, but it seems like a waste if the Targs are just going to all be dead by the end of the series. (Not that this doesn't happen in real life with past dynasties)

I think you have a good point. I never looked at it this way before, this is why I love the forums. I agree, George has written so much side material solely about the Targaryen dynasty or with Targaryens as main characters, at any rate; it's either a severe warning that the Targaryens will self-destruct or reassurance that the dynasty will go on.

Her dream of fighting enemies armored in ice at the Trident is major foreshadowing she will fight the Others.

Agree here as well.

I disagree that Daenerys will die in childbirth. If what MMD said was a prophecy, it's very likely the prophecy already came true and she can bear children again with no real harm (which is what many believe happened in ADWD). There was a big thread discussing that... can't remember which thread it was, although I won't take credit for the idea, but I certainly agree with it.

I don't think Daenerys will die, but if she does, I think it will be fighting. However, with all the plot-armor, the dragons, her mission, and all the side information popping up about Targaryens, the current Targaryens are more crucial to the series than perhaps anyone else besides those who are currently major players, IMO. I think the storyline of the next book will feature mainly the Aegon and Daenerys storylines, and what's going on in the North.

I expect her to die somewhere during the last 200 pages. Most likely to tyrant-slaying.

All these thoughts of characters dying is making me sad. I'm starting to think I'm going to hate the last book and seeing the characters that I've really become invested in all bite the big one. :crying:

Ser Pounce,

Yes it will be sad. For all Martin talks of a "bittersweet ending", I think it will be more bitter than sweet.

I think there's a reason why the show has Ramsay saying "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven' been paying attention."

Ser Pounce,

Yes it will be sad. For all Martin talks of a "bittersweet ending", I think it will be more bitter than sweet.

I think there's a reason why the show has Ramsay saying "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven' been paying attention."

Just like their is a reason that the show had Ser Loras fucking some random servant and forgetting about Renly? Just like it had Stannis dryhumping Mel? :P

Sex between Mel and Stannis is pretty well-established in the books.

Obviously, we don't see her in any book shrugging off her robe and letting Stannis take her on his council table. But, her seduction technique is hardly subtle in the books, either. It certainly wouldn't be out of character for her to have bluntly propositioned Stannis.

If you use that meaning than all the pieces of the puzzle seem to have clicked together at the end of ADWD with Drogon's return when she's wandering on the Dothraki Sea.

Yes, to bear a child can be equated to being pregnant. That's where we get the saying of a women of child-bearing age.

I also believe the Dragon is the reincarnation of Drogo.

Archived