Top five: Most Good Heroes

complexphoenix

1. Brienne of Tarth

2. Beric Dondarrion

3. Davos

4. Eddard Stark

5. Jon Snow

People keep leaving Brienne off the heroic deeds list. Umm… she slew the Mad Dog of Saltpans and saved a bunch of little orphans from being raped and murdered. That’s pretty heroic.

Her life was in immediate danger as well, it wasn't an entirely selfless act. It's quite heroic but many characters have performed things that dwarf that. I can't recall anything else she does that might be considered heroic either.

Her life was in immediate danger as well, it wasn't an entirely selfless act. It's quite heroic but many characters have performed things that dwarf that. I can't recall anything else she does that might be considered heroic either.

Her quest to rescue Sansa is quite heroic.

Her quest to rescue Sansa is quite heroic.

There's no evidence that she needs rescuing. She's merely trying to find her in order to keep her oath to lady Stark, which is honorable but not particularly heroic. And you have to consider that Brienne has had no purpose in life ever since Renly died and Jaime got back to King's Landing. Her only other option is to go back to Tarth and marry some Stormlander who probably mocked her in the past, so maintaining this quest isn't really selfless at all.

1. Arya:

The boldness of that little girl...you don t have to be a muscle man with a Valyrian steel blade to be a hero. Arya is so bold from the beginning because she is always true to herself and does not care what the others want her to be...then she goes through her traumatic journey without loosing herself...even the Kindly Man will not be able to change her.

2.Yoren:

Yoren gives his life for Arya and his boys and the honor of the Night Watch

3.Syrio:

Syrio gives his life to protect Arya. He has no chance with his wooden sword but he gives his life for his pupil which he does not even really know

4. Davos:

Davos...does everything for Stannis...even if that means hell (Blackwater etc.) or great peril to loose his life

5. Samwell:

last not least....even though he is a coward who is always afraid of nearly everything he does not give up and faces the dangers he is confronted with.

Her life wasn't in danger with Rorge and Biter. She could have stayed hunkered down in the forge, or tried to sneak away in the dark and the rain, unseen and unheard, until the brutality was over. Instead, she chose this:

" 'Seven,' Brienne thought again, despairing. She had no chance against seven, she knew. 'No chance, and no choice.' She stepped out into the rain, Oathkeeper in hand. 'Leave her be. If you want to rape someone, try me.' " - Brienne VII AFFC

I would consider this to be the action, and more importantly the mindset, of a hero.

I will not play this game but I need to give + rep to each of this two persons...

*Thinks of a way to spin Roose into a hero*

Got nothing.

"A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule."

Nothing more heroic has ever been said in Westeros.

Still laughing.

Archived