Am I the only won who hopes jon...

ToTheWolves

Yes, Edmure has a choice. He can decide to honour Robb's wishes or he can fail him yet again. Not much of a choice is it?

Given that Robb's inability to keep it in his pants and his mind-bogglingly dumb decision to marry Jeyne led to Edmure becoming a prisoner for life, his sister and most of his buddies were murdered and his family lost everything, sure, it's not much of a choice. That's even without bringing up the fact the Jon's existence and raising up at Winterfell is a major insult to the Tully family.

It's a pretty safe bet to Jon is Rhaegar's son. What will that mean for Jon is entirely up for grabs. One possibility is him becoming king. It cannot be dismissed as unlikely, regardless what one thinks of that possibility.

What I do believe is that if Jon becomes king, something awful will also occur to make that ending messy and ugly. Something like him ruling over a kingdom of ashes with Littlefinger as his Hand and de facto ruler while Greyscale wiped out 99 percent of the population and Jon's entire leftover family. But there is no way that he becomes king to ring an age of prosperity, peace, and happiness at no cost to himself or Westeros in general.

It's a pretty safe bet to Jon is Rhaegar's son. What will that mean for Jon is entirely up for grabs. One possibility is him becoming king. It cannot be dismissed as unlikely, regardless what one thinks of that possibility.

What I do believe is that if Jon becomes king, something awful will also occur to make that ending messy and ugly. Something like him ruling over a kingdom of ashes with Littlefinger as his Hand and de facto ruler while Greyscale wiped out 99 percent of the population and Jon's entire leftover family. But there is no way that he becomes king to ring an age of prosperity, peace, and happiness at no cost to himself or Westeros in general.

Preach it! There is always consequences in GRRM"s world, always.

I personally don't think he'll become king, nor take the Targaryen name.

Preach it! There is always consequences in GRRM"s world, always.

Mostly for good people and usually the consequences are extreme. The bad guys get theirs but it takes a decade plus for them to get it while good people like Ned, Catelyn, Robb, the other Starks get their consequences faster than you can say "words are wind"

If there's a need for a new name, Wargaryen was proposed again and again. How about

Weirgaryen?

:lmao: That's awesome.

Mostly for good people and usually the consequences are extreme. The bad guys get theirs but it takes a decade plus for them to get it while good people like Ned, Catelyn, Robb, the other Starks get their consequences faster than you can say "words are wind"

Well, duh. The bad guys are so much more clever that's why it takes longer for them to get what's coming.

Peculiar one:

So he who wears a crown is a king?

Mance wasn't wearing no hodoring crown.

What king did Arthur Dayne guard in his final hour?

It is obvious that the "wear no crowns" doesn't just mean just that they cannot wear any crowns.

I don't know, but I don't think it matters seeing how Arthur was a shitty kingsuard who abandoned his king during a rebellion to play bodyguard for his friend's booty call.

It is obvious that the "wear no crowns" doesn't just mean just that they cannot wear any crowns.

I'll add a :-)

There is this funny thing about succession, that makes the heir a king he/we know it or he/we know it not. There comes the distinction between the one who actually gets to sit the throne and who should, if the office was-or-should-be acquired through the accomplishment of being born by the right lady at the correct timing.

I don't know, but I don't think it matters seeing how Arthur was a shitty kingsguard who abandoned his king during a rebellion to play bodyguard for his friend's booty call.

We assume some, but we don't know his orders and who gave them at the time yet.

Archived