Dunk and Egg and Sansa Theory

Northernmonkey

I think Dany burned that bridge no pun intended. Quentyn was a plot point for her to lose Dorne and for them to side with Aegon. . Another reason is that GRRM compared her to Queen Nymeria. I've long thought that Dany will be the opposite.She should be her guide instead she's idolizing someone who fucked shit up (Rhaegar). Nymeria successfully allied with Dorne. I see Dany being more like Rhaenys. They are her enemies.

I'm pretty sure Dorne sides with Aegon at first, but this at least opens the possibility that they might switch sides eventually. Some members of Quentin's party are still alive and currently working for Barristan. They might make it back to Dorne and clear Dany's name. I don't think the Quentin incident is insurmountable.

I'm pretty sure Dorne sides with Aegon at first, but this at least opens the possibility that they might switch sides eventually. Some members of Quentin's party are still alive and currently working for Barristan. They might make it back to Dorne and clear Dany's name. I don't think the Quentin incident is insurmountable.

I don't think they will. I was saying that she will fail where Queen Nymeria succeeded. They have things in common like GRRM said but she won't be as successful with her integration in Westeros IMO. Her entourage is already a nightmare and Dorne won't be her ally.

But why would that be the only matter of interest?

EDIT, sorry.

It's not, but usually when people talk of this pairing they see it as the endgame.

Personally, I think that while it is theoretically possible (Littlefinger would entertain the idea, that is certain), but I wouldn't wish it on Sansa. Aegon has DOOM written all over him, IMHO, and I don't wish on Sansa another failed engagement or badly ending marriage. If Harry the Heir's not the last one, she should join the same club Margaery goes to.

It seems to me more likely that he may prefer Arianne. Based on the first three the other suitors did not genuinely care/have interest in Sansa. Willas has never even seen her.

Well, Tyrion at least would have been quite susceptible to Sansa's charms. When it comes to the Dornish, I predict that Aegon would rather go for young Elia anyway. But Aegon's personal preferences may not be decisive here, if Littlefinger manages to sell Sansa as the better package, politically.

Well, Tyrion at least would have been quite susceptible to Sansa's charms. When it comes to the Dornish, I predict that Aegon would rather go for young Elia anyway. But Aegon's personal preferences may not be decisive here, if Littlefinger manages to sell Sansa as the better package, politically.

He didn't genuinely care about her. He also was still fucking Shae and whining about Tysha. I don't even think he liked her personality. Hell, some even think that Tysha is still his wife thus his marriage to Sansa isn't legal.

His personal preferences and him dying can decide why it will fail just like the other would be suitors.

I don't think they will. I was saying that she will fail where Queen Nymeria succeeded. They have things in common like GRRM said but she won't be as successful with her integration in Westeros IMO. Her entourage is already a nightmare and Dorne won't be her ally.

Yeah, I don't think Dany's final place is in Westeros either. But the possibility of winning over Dorne at least seems not quite as impossible as before to me.

He didn't genuinely care about her. He also was still fucking Shae and whining about Tysha. I don't even think he liked her personality. Hell, some even think that Tysha is still his wife thus his marriage to Sansa isn't legal.

His personal preferences and him dying can decide why it will fail just like the other would be suitors.

Genuine feelings are just one factor among many in these matters. He might genuinely prefer Arianne (or Elia) and still officially court Sansa for political reasons. Of course we can reasonably suspect that the courtship will eventually fail, but not necessarily before leading to an alienation from Dorne.

Genuine feelings are just one factor among many in these matters. He might genuinely prefer Arianne (or Elia) and still officially court Sansa for political reasons. Of course we can reasonably suspect that the courtship will eventually fail, but not necessarily before leading to an alienation from Dorne.

He may marry Arianne and possibly entertain the second wife thing since I can see him being arrogant enough and if it's true that he gets Rhaegal but it never comes to pass.

ETA: But anyways. I don't think Aegon will alienate Dorne. They will go down with the Aegon ship. Arianne imo will die for getting herself attached to Aegon. Trystane is the spare and he will be the one who gets Dorne in the end.

So LF may try for the match but it can get shut down.

Arianne btw already thinks negatively of Dany and this is without the Quentyn info.

I've just read a new theory about Dunk and Egg that I thought you might be interested in. Sorry if it's been discussed before.

At the Ashford Tourney in The Hedge Knight, the fair maid's champions are:

• Lyonel Baratheon

Leo Tyrell

Tybolt Lannister

Humphrey Hardyng

Valarr Targaryen

Which correspond with all of Sansa's love interests, with the exception of the Targaryan. Is that a clue that Sansa and Aegon are going to get together?

Hi everyone! first post!

I sorry to say this but if this is foreshadowing it will be pretty horrible for Sansa. Look:

Lyonel Baratheon --> Joffrey Baratheon. Bethrothed from an arranged marriage who turn sour before before even getting to the marriage. He beat her and humiliate her in public. What a charming guy.

Leo Tyrell --> Willas Tyrell possible arranged mariage. The Tyrell abandoned her once she is married to Tyrion and frame her for their murder of Joffrey

Tybolt Lannister--> Tyrion Lannister, Her "dear" husband from a forced marriage with somoene from the family who destroyed her's.

Humphrey Hardyng--> Harry the heir possible arranged marriage, of course. He seem to be a Robert 2. Great husband material.

I really hope it is not foreshadowing.

Hi everyone! first post!

I sorry to say this but if this is foreshadowing it will be pretty horrible for Sansa. Look:

Lyonel Baratheon --> Joffrey Baratheon. Bethrothed from an arranged marriage who turn sour before before even getting to the marriage. He beat her and humiliate her in public. What a charming guy.

Leo Tyrell --> Willas Tyrell possible arranged mariage. The Tyrell abandoned her once she is married to Tyrion and frame her for their murder of Joffrey

Tybolt Lannister--> Tyrion Lannister, Her "dear" husband from a forced marriage with somoene from the family who destroyed her's.

Humphrey Hardyng--> Harry the heir possible arranged marriage, of course. He seem to be a Robert 2. Great husband material.

I really hope it is not foreshadowing.

Well, so far she didn't get stuck with any of them - just as the Fair Maid in the tourney apparently ultimately ends up with neither of her champions. So considering how unsuitable they all were that's actually almost positive? I guess it kinda sucks for her that she will have to go through two more doomed courtships till she's done with the farce and ends up with a not-politically motivated marriage after all or finds happiness in spinsterhood. (or dies, I guess, with Martin always an option).

He is fake. There needs to be some pointers for Dany to slay the lie although I don't think that would be one. Targs typically marry their next of kin when there aren't siblings to marry. & Aegon has already dismissed Dany due to listening to Tyrion's advice.

He may marry Arianne and possibly entertain the second wife thing since I can see him being arrogant enough and if it's true that he gets Rhaegal but it never comes to pass.

ETA: But anyways. I don't think Aegon will alienate Dorne. They will go down with the Aegon ship. Arianne imo will die for getting herself attached to Aegon. Trystane is the spare and he will be the one who gets Dorne in the end.

So LF may try for the match but it can get shut down.

Arianne btw already thinks negatively of Dany and this is without the Quentyn info.

Seeing that Arianne already questions Dany's sanity, if she hears about Quentyn, she might decides to back him even without a marriage. I know every single people thinks he will marry for the alliance, but if that would be the only way he could get allies, well he already is doomed, it is not like he can marry everyone. He will need alliances that are not backing him with marriage. Actually if Dorne would decide to back him even without the marriage that would mean a lot for his legitimacy in the eyes of the other houses. And out of all the houes Dorne is the most likely to back him without a marriage.

EDIT:

I think if Dorne wants to back him, it would be smarter to do that. his legitimacy is questionable, so many houses will be reluclant to fight on his side. So improving the trust in his legitimacy, can make more houses willing to back him, not to mention he can still use the marriage card. If his allies are only the GC and Dorne, that is not enough to take the Throne, it would be suicidal for Dorne to back him if no one else does, even if Arianne were to marry him.

Wouldn't Aegon marrying Arianne point towards him being a fake?

Not necessarily, or at least not according to this pattern. Just because he might not be the Targ to court Sansa, doesn't automatically mean he's no Targ at all.

I think he's fake too, but I wouldn't expect foolproof confirmation one way or the other in the books.

He is fake. There needs to be some pointers for Dany to slay the lie although I don't think that would be one. Targs typically marry their next of kin when there aren't siblings to marry. & Aegon has already dismissed Dany due to listening to Tyrion's advice.

I think Dany might turn against Aegon, once she gets the dirt about Illyrio and Varys from the Tattered Prince.

But so far all is still in the air - Tyrion's advice was not about dismissing Dany - it was about impressing her with a fait accompli and woo her from a position of power rather than pick her up in Meereen. For Aegon, she's very much still an option at this point. She might not be, once he hears rumours of her death and once those are cleared up, he might already have promised himself to someone else. It could be merely a question of bad timing.

Seeing that Arianne already questions Dany's sanity, if she hears about Quentyn, she might decides to back him even without a marriage. I know every single people thinks he will marry for the alliance, but if that would be the only way he could get allies, well he already is doomed, it is not like he can marry everyone. He will need alliances that are not backing him with marriage. Actually if Dorne would decide to back him even without the marriage that would mean a lot for his legitimacy in the eyes of the other houses. And out of all the houes Dorne is the most likely to back him without a marriage.

I explained earlier that it was said in one of the app threads that Doran's endgame is to have a Targ rule alongside a Martell. He's tried this several times. It's what he really wants besides vengeance. Vengeance is almost irrelevant now since most of those involved are already dead.

I think Dany might turn against Aegon, once she gets the dirt about Illyrio and Varys from the Tattered Prince.

But so far all is still in the air - Tyrion's advice was not about dismissing Dany - it was about impressing her with a fait accompli and woo her from a position of power rather than pick her up in Meereen. For Aegon, she's very much still an option at this point. She might not be, once he hears rumours of her death and once those are cleared up, he might already have promised himself to someone else. It could be merely a question of bad timing.

It wasn't but that's what Aegon started to do. Aegon said I'm the only dragon Westeros needs. That gets overlooked a lot.

He's also Elia's son and Dorn's best shot at revenge against the Lannister. I agree that of all Westerosi houses they are most likely to back him anyway.

Then again, Doran is the cautious type and Arianne is not yet completely sold on Aegon's legitimacy....

Well, so far she didn't get stuck with any of them - just as the Fair Maid in the tourney apparently ultimately ends up with neither of her champions. So considering how unsuitable they all were that's actually almost positive? I guess it kinda sucks for her that she will have to go through two more doomed courtships till she's done with the farce and ends up with a not-politically motivated marriage after all or finds happiness in spinsterhood. (or dies, I guess, with Martin always an option).

Personaly I don't belive she will marry the Heir or Aegon but annother arranged mariage would be terrible. I just hope she doesn't die.

I explained earlier that it was said in one of the app threads that Doran's endgame is to have a Targ rule alongside a Martell. He's tried this several times. It's what he really wants besides vengeance. Vengeance is almost irrelevant now since most of those involved are already dead.

But if they are advertising him as the son f Rhaegar, he is part Martell, his mother is Elia Martell. So it would again just prove that he is indeed fake and even Dorne is doubting him, if they want to make Arianne marry him. Since in that case they obviously don't believe he is part Martell.

He's also Elia's son and Dorn's best shot at revenge against the Lannister. I agree that of all Westerosi houses they are most likely to back him anyway.

Then again, Doran is the cautious type and Arianne is not yet completely sold on Aegon's legitimacy....

Doran gave the decision into Arianne's hand, because he is already very sick, and cannot be there to see him, and judge the situation. So it will be Arianne's decision.

Looking at the Sandsnakes, I didn't get the impression that their desire for vengeance is satisfied....

Doran's endgame might be the Targ alliance, but who says Doran would be the one calling the shots when the chips are down? He's old and in ill health. He might drop dead any minute.

Archived