Dunk and Egg and Sansa Theory

Northernmonkey

Tze once mentioned in a PtP thread of how Sansa inverts Rhaella Targaryen and due to this comparison, Aegon might try and marry Sansa but won't succeed. Two of those betrothals were a fail,a third one was a fail marriage and a now the fourth and fifth might most likely fail. So yeah, Aegon might crown Sansa as the QoLaB but might not succeed in marrying her.

Got to say, love this crackpot :)

Anyone interested in reading the comparison between Rhaella and Sansa, here you go.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/74950-from-pawn-to-player-rethinking-sansa-xiii/?p=3702829

I was thinking about something like Sansa's Fifth Knight, easily referred to as SFK. The mentioning of "knight" in context with Sansa may speak to SanSan's who believe there is only one person for Sansa and he isn't a knight. Yeah that should win over the internet.

I'm just nitpicking a little here, but I wouuld like Sansa's five Knights more than Fifth.

But I have to say, VERY good catch by the original theorist. It's really quite curious, that the girl in the D&E story is defended by members of 4 great houses... and a Hardyng. Oo

*edit: I also would put it up for best Crackpot 2014, I think there won't be one I like more than this ;)

I'm just nitpicking a little here, but I wouuld like Sansa's five Knights more than Fifth.

But I have to say, VERY good catch by the original theorist. It's really quite curious, that the girl in the D&E story is defended by members of 4 great houses... and a Hardyng. Oo

*edit: I also would put it up for best Crackpot 2014, I think there won't be one I like more than this ;)

Speculation of Winds of Winter release this year... If its true, expect many more crackpots ;)

He's still officially addressed as a Baratheon. There are rumours, but they haven't yet been confirmed. And they certainly weren't at the time he courted Sansa.

Because the Lannisters still control the Iron Throne. Many people already feel the incest is confirmed anyways, but if you happen to get caught mentioning it, or even supporting anything Stannis or anti-Lannister, you are a rebel and will be killed.

Because the Lannisters still control the Iron Throne. Many people already feel the incest is confirmed anyways, but if you happen to get caught mentioning it, or even supporting anything Stannis or anti-Lannister, you are a rebel and will be killed.

Yes, but how would that be relevant? So what, the pattern is not based on the truth, it's based on the "official version", the polite fiction. It's still a consistent pattern and seems pretty compelling forshadowing.

Tze once mentioned in a PtP thread of how Sansa inverts Rhaella Targaryen and due to this comparison, Aegon might try and marry Sansa but won't succeed. Two of those betrothals were a fail,a third one was a fail marriage and a now the fourth and fifth might most likely fail. So yeah, Aegon might crown Sansa as the QoLaB but might not succeed in marrying her.

Got to say, love this crackpot :)

Anyone interested in reading the comparison between Rhaella and Sansa, here you go.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/74950-from-pawn-to-player-rethinking-sansa-xiii/?p=3702829

It may not have anything to do with him directly either. We don't know if Willas himself wanted the match with Sansa. We have yet to hear from this character. It could be all a matter of the players talking and then it fizzles out.

Tyrion wanted Sansa initially then started calling her false then whined about Tysha. Joffrey wanted her only as his mistress more so as a power play over both Sansa and Tyrion rather than legitimate interest.

Right. I don't think it will happen though. This can even apply to Harry. He's like Tyrion although I don't know if he likes prostitutes but I can see him wanting to marry Sansa while not having any desire to stop his relationships with other women. Basically, he's with her but actually wants someone else. Of course this seems to imply that he will die and the match won't happen.

Aegon I can see him looking elsewhere as well.

Yes, but how would that be relevant? So what, the pattern is not based on the truth, it's based on the "official version", the polite fiction. It's still a consistent pattern and seems pretty compelling forshadowing.

:agree:

I think this venn diagram provides a fine visual guide to the concept of symbolism as we often discuss it here. After all, it's basically an overlapping of two or more separate instances that makes symbolism in the first place.

Yet, no matter how big the similarities are there are always going to be some differences. But arguing over them is usually fallacious because the OP is never really asserting that they don't exist; only that a similarity does.

So, the real issue should be about the size of the similarity – aka, the amount of overlap – which, in this case, seems pretty significant to me.

Right. I don't think it will happen though. This can even apply to Harry. He's like Tyrion although I don't know if he likes prostitutes but I can see him wanting to marry Sansa while not having any desire to stop his relationships with other women. Basically, he's with her but actually wants someone else. Of course this seems to imply that he will die and the match won't happen.

Aegon I can see him looking elsewhere as well.

We don't actually know anything about Harry the Heir yet, we've only got rumours to go on. I wouldn't be surprised if GRRM threw us a curveball by making him a likeable/intelligent/crafty/ambitious character. It would be a bit predictable if he's just another womanising drunk.

It's just a coincidence, IMHO.(I think my current signature applies here. :P )

But if it is a foreshadowing, it predicts that nothing will come out of it. Valarr did not win the tourney, and he didn't crown the fair maid the queen of love and beauty, IIRC. Nor any of the others. I don't remember if it's mentioned in the story, but I'm pretty sure that the tourney must have ended after Baelor's death. It would have been unbecoming to continue with festivities after the Crown Prince had died there. Valarr as Baelor's mourning son would be the last one to care for the jousting. So according to this, poor Sansa would stay single forever.

Still, I don't find it likely it foreshadows anything. (But nice try.)

We don't actually know anything about Harry the Heir yet, we've only got rumours to go on. I wouldn't be surprised if GRRM threw us a curveball by making him a likeable/intelligent/crafty/ambitious character. It would be a bit predictable if he's just another womanising drunk.

He doesn't have to be womanizing. He could be in love with the mother of his child for all we know.

ETA: I think that's very sympathetic. Love vs. Duty.

It's just a coincidence, IMHO.(I think my current signature applies here. :P )

But if it is a foreshadowing, it predicts that nothing will come out of it.

Just because Sansa probably won't end up ruling Westeros on Aegon's side, doesn't mean that this courtship won't be hugely important for the course of further events, not to speak of Sansa's own character arc.

Someone else has already commented how Aegon ditching Arianne for Sansa (or even just considering ditching Arianne for Sansa) might drive Dorne back into Dany's arms for instance.

It would also forshadow a rematch between Littlefinger and Varys, which I personally find quite promising. So I actually think this opens up pretty exciting possibilities for the next two installments and supports a number of theories I've speculated about anyway.

Just because Sansa probably won't end up ruling Westeros on Aegon's side, doesn't mean that this courtship won't be hugely important for the course of further events, not to speak of Sansa's own character arc.

Someone else has already commented how Aegon ditching Arianne for Sansa (or even just considering ditching Arianne for Sansa) might drive Dorne back into Dany's arms.

You know what I meant. :dunno:

I think Dany burned that bridge no pun intended. Quentyn was a plot point for her to lose Dorne and for them to side with Aegon. . Another reason is that GRRM compared her to Queen Nymeria. I've long thought that Dany will be the opposite.She should be her guide instead she's idolizing someone who fucked shit up (Rhaegar). Nymeria successfully allied with Dorne. I see Dany being more like Rhaenys. They are her enemies.

Archived