Disdain for the targs?

E-Ro

To be completely honest, I feel the good to bad ratio of Targs (that we have actually seen in text throughout ASOIAF, TPATQ, and D&E) is about 3 or 4 good ones, to every other Targ being a danger to themselves, others, and the realm in general. And the funny thing is, the good ones seem to have come pretty much at the same time; Baelor, Egg, and Aemon I feel are the only Targs we learn enough about to judge them as genuinely good people. The rest of them we either don't know enough about them to say they are definitely good, or we see enough to judge them as being anything but genuinely good people. I feel like a top 100 dickheads of Westeros list would almost look like a Targaryen family tree.

I think Westeros was better off without the Targs.

The Targs are basically a family like most others. Every bigger family in Westeros has a few corpses hidden in the garden. It's just because the Targs were the royal family that we know so much about it.

I completely agree. Any westerosi noble house has both good and bad examples.

Well yes, it does make sense. And actually couple that with the fact that they always have been a freakishly big family, with too much internal tug of war as well.

And Ser Arthur Dayne's Honor already told me that Origins was WAY better than DA2. And I reluctantly agree. :lol:

You would be the first person I know that would actually have a problem to choose between Origins and DA2 :D

I also forgot add to my first post that Targ idiocy is pretty monotone. If we got a Targ trying to conquer and expand to Essos, it would be more interesting than the 10th variation on how to kill yourself and at least 5 members of your family with fire and blood.

As a Baratheon fan - I don't fully hate Targaryens. There were some awesome ones - and Daemon is my favourite Targaryen. Baelor was cool as well. It's just because there were so many of them. They're obviously not my favourite House, but I'm far away from hating them.

The Targs are basically a family like most others. Every bigger family in Westeros has a few corpses hidden in the garden. It's just because the Targs were the royal family that we know so much about it.

Of course there are madmen, jerks, horrible men and women in that family. I'm not going to forget about Aerion Brightflame, Mad King Aerys, Beggar Viserys or Baelor the Blessed. But hey, Aemon is a nice guy, Baelor Breakspear was a really good man judging on what we've seen, Jahaerys and Alysanne sound like great rulers etc. I don't like the whole superior complex some of them have going on either, or the whole incest thing, but hating a whole family seems a bit extreme to me, especially when we know there are good guys in said family.

Exactly

Well yes, it does make sense. And actually couple that with the fact that they always have been a freakishly big family, with too much internal tug of war as well.

And Ser Arthur Dayne's Honor already told me that Origins was WAY better than DA2. And I reluctantly agree. :lol:

:box: Origins is 10x better than DA2

To be completely honest, I feel the good to bad ratio of Targs (that we have actually seen in text throughout ASOIAF, TPATQ, and D&E) is about 3 or 4 good ones, to every other Targ being a danger to themselves, others, and the realm in general. And the funny thing is, the good ones seem to have come pretty much at the same time; Baelor, Egg, and Aemon I feel are the only Targs we learn enough about to judge them as genuinely good people. The rest of them we either don't know enough about them to say they are definitely good, or we see enough to judge them as being anything but genuinely good people. I feel like a top 100 dickheads of Westeros list would almost look like a Targaryen family tree.

I think Westeros was better off without the Targs.

How many genuinely good Lannisters do we know about? Good Starks? Good Tullys? Baratheons? Some from the most recent generations, otherwise almost none.

How many genuinely good Lannisters do we know about? Good Starks? Good Tullys? Baratheons? Some from the most recent generations, otherwise almost none.

How many bad Lannisters do we know about? Bad Starks? Bad Tullys? Baratheons? Some* from the most recent generations, otherwise almost none.

:rolleyes:

*hilariously doesn't apply to anyone but the Lannisters, and arguably Robert.

Archived