From Aegon’s birth until Lyanna’s death: How much time has passed?

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Jon Arryn's heir dies at the Battle of the Bells, making it part of the negotiations with Hoster that Lysa be fertile.

Since Lyanna would tilt at rings, against Rickard's wishes, she is likely to ride alone. When she was taken, the idea that she was taken at sword point suggests that she was traveling with a guard or company. And, as I suggested, it is easy and understandable for Robert to travel from Storm's End to the Eyrie after Lyanna is taken. Robert is apparently not as foolish as Brandon.

Allright, Jon needing a new heir after Denys Arryn dies is logical. I had completely forgotten about Denys. Thank you :)

Lyanna could have gone out riding alone, but then there would be no one to point fingers at Rhaegar.

As for Robert's location: the raven went to the Eyrie. The fact that Aerys suspected that Robert was at the Eyrie, and not at Storm's End, shows us Robert wasn't supposed to be at Storm's End. The King and his council would know about the upcomming marriages, especially since it was the marriage between a cousin of the King himself, and between the girl Rhaegar gave the crown of roses to at the Tourney at Harrenhal (but mostly the first reason). Robert wasn't expected to be at SE, he was expected to be at the Eyrie, hence the raven went to the Eyrie, and not to SE.

Looking at Robert's character, he as well would have raged upon hearing Rhaegar taking Lyanna. He killed Rhaegar for it, he rebelled for it. Why wouldn't he storm to KL upon hearing the news? Unless it wasn't possible, because he was at the Eyrie, where he would first have to descend, and where there were Jon Arryn and Ned Stark to stop him.

Robert took so much trouble getting back to SE. Why would he travel from SE to the Eyrie, only to turn back almost immediately? That makes no sense.

Allright, Jon needing a new heir after Denys Arryn dies is logical. I had completely forgotten about Denys. Thank you :)

Lyanna could have gone out riding alone, but then there would be no one to point fingers at Rhaegar.

As for Robert's location: the raven went to the Eyrie. The fact that Aerys suspected that Robert was at the Eyrie, and not at Storm's End, shows us Robert wasn't supposed to be at Storm's End. The King and his council would know about the upcomming marriages, especially since it was the marriage between a cousin of the King himself, and between the girl Rhaegar gave the crown of roses to at the Tourney at Harrenhal (but mostly the first reason). Robert wasn't expected to be at SE, he was expected to be at the Eyrie, hence the raven went to the Eyrie, and not to SE.

Looking at Robert's character, he as well would have raged upon hearing Rhaegar taking Lyanna. He killed Rhaegar for it, he rebelled for it. Why wouldn't he storm to KL upon hearing the news? Unless it wasn't possible, because he was at the Eyrie, where he would first have to descend, and where there were Jon Arryn and Ned Stark to stop him.

Robert took so much trouble getting back to SE. Why would he travel from SE to the Eyrie, only to turn back almost immediately? That makes no sense.

It does make sense. The reason for the rebellion is because Ned's and Robert's heads were demanded by the king. Had Robert, Ned and Jon been asking the king to return Lyanna? We don't know. There is a long period of time where Brandon is imprisoned waiting for his father to arrive. During this time frame Robert can be seeking the assistance of Jon and Ned by returning to the Eyrie. It is not beyond belief, and all of this and Lyanna's whereabouts is conjecture. I challenged the wiki when it said Lyanna was taken from King's Landing, but perhaps I should have left it unmolested.

It does make sense. The reason for the rebellion is because Ned's and Robert's heads were demanded by the king. Had Robert, Ned and Jon been asking the king to return Lyanna? We don't know. There is a long period of time where Brandon is imprisoned waiting for his father to arrive. During this time frame Robert can be seeking the assistance of Jon and Ned by returning to the Eyrie. It is not beyond belief, and all of this and Lyanna's whereabouts is conjecture. I challenged the wiki when it said Lyanna was taken from King's Landing, but perhaps I should have left it unmolested.

If it didn't have a quote, you can't be sure about it. There are more things on the wiki without a source, things I have read on there and have been searching on the internet, in the books, and in the interviews and SSMs that I have not yet been able to find. I mean, google has failed there.

Nowhere has it ever been stated that Lyanna was taken from KL, or visited KL, or was on her way to KL etc. Should there ever be a source to surface, of course I'll change the theory accordingly. If anyone can provide the source for such a quote, I'd gladly see it and change anything accordingly. But fact remains that people conclude things without too much ground (which isn't such a bad thing) and then put it on the wiki (which is a bad thing) since everyone with an account and 3 posts or more can edit the wiki.

I'll continue the search to such a source, of course. But I doubt about its existence.

I'll continue the search to such a source, of course. But I doubt about its existence.

Ran (Elio) did not know of a reference, and was the one to actually edit the entry, when I challenged it. ETA: It was in the timeline, which is still so screwed up that I haven't even attempted to make it sensible.

Just wanted add my two cents that its implied by Ser Barristan that Lyanna was abducted from Harrenhall with the help of Arthur Dayne and perhaps IMO even Gerold Hightower and Oswell Whent.

We know that Whent and Dayne were with Rhaegar when Lyanna joined his company, from the App. We do not know where it happened. It doesn't help if we say that it is from Harrenhal, when we have no clue to support the statement.

Let me put this on the table. Brandon receives word, can we assume in a timely manner? If Lyanna was taken at Sword point, as Daenerys suggests, then she may have had guards that remained behind to tell the story, and relay it to Brandon as quickly as possible. So, one can use that as the starting point.

Again, I only stated Harrenhal, because it is conveniently located in the middle of Westeros. I stated in the OP that Lyanna's real location is unknown.

Just wanted add my two cents that its implied by Ser Barristan that Lyanna was abducted from Harrenhall with the help of Arthur Dayne and perhaps IMO even Gerold Hightower and Oswell Whent.

Where did you find the info? A quote or something?

Adding your two cents is always allowed :) I made the thread for it, after all :)

Very interesting, thank you. I agree with your end conclusions about timing, although I guess you could stretch the period between Lyanna's abduction and her death to 18 months, but you would have thought she might have plucked up the courage or found a way to communicate with somebody from her family in 18 months. I don't believe she had two kids in that time anyway.

This is all supposition and random theories with little or no evidence to back them up but:

• my personal feeling that was that she was either at Kings Landing (presumably having been invited to court by Rhaegar and or Elia, Elia would have been able to invite ladies of Lyanna's rank to court to serve her or keep her company. Her presence would have been un-remarkable or maybe a little gossip worthy, but not outlandish. As for being around Rhaegar, who says the Prince can't have mistresses?) or on her way from King's Landing to Riverrun for Brandon's wedding when she went missing. My gut feeling also tells me that she was part of the plan, or knew exactly what was going on. I think she and Rhaegar ran off together rather than being abducted. I have not problem with this being in the Harrenhal area. What she was doing on KL without a single brother to watch over her is another question, but hey, maybe somebody had frightened them all off or persuaded then they weren't needed. Personally i think Elia was aware of Rhaegar's plan, and maybe complicit in it.
  • Could Rhaegar have taken Lyanna to Summerhall, since it was so important to him? Another interesting hiding place is Starfall, since Ser Arthur Dayne seems to be in on the secret.
  • I'd also say that Brandon was on his way to his wedding when he found out about Lyanna.
  • My gut feeling is that Ned and Catelyn married before the Battle of the Bells. I'm not sure of the relative birthdates of Jon and Robb ,I read stuff and then i can't remember who said it and how they justified it.....but i get the impression that Robb is older than Jon (if nothing else, if Jon were older Ned could justify his fathering of Jon to Catelyn by telling her that the mother was someone he was involved with before Brandon died or at least before they were married.). Jon is born around the time of the sack of King's Landing? Even if somewhat after, it still means that Robb must have been born somewhere around the time of the Battle of the Trident or Sack of King's Landing. Nine months between these events and the Battle of the Bells leaves a lot of time running around the Riverlands and Reach having skirmishes and not popping by Riverrun to check to see if your pregnant missus is ok.
  • I've got a feeling that there might be a spanner called Littlefinger the works. I wouldn't be at all surprised if tales of Lyanna's "abduction" weren't leaked to Brandon out of spite. It might just be me, I like to blame Littlefinger for things where i can.

Very interesting, thank you. I agree with your end conclusions about timing, although I guess you could stretch the period between Lyanna's abduction and her death to 18 months, but you would have thought she might have plucked up the courage or found a way to communicate with somebody from her family in 18 months. I don't believe she had two kids in that time anyway.

This is all supposition and random theories with little or no evidence to back them up but:

• my personal feeling that was that she was either at Kings Landing (presumably having been invited to court by Rhaegar and or Elia, Elia would have been able to invite ladies of Lyanna's rank to court to serve her or keep her company. Her presence would have been un-remarkable or maybe a little gossip worthy, but not outlandish. As for being around Rhaegar, who says the Prince can't have mistresses?) or on her way from King's Landing to Riverrun for Brandon's wedding when she went missing. My gut feeling also tells me that she was part of the plan, or knew exactly what was going on. I think she and Rhaegar ran off together rather than being abducted. I have not problem with this being in the Harrenhal area. What she was doing on KL without a single brother to watch over her is another question, but hey, maybe somebody had frightened them all off or persuaded then they weren't needed. Personally i think Elia was aware of Rhaegar's plan, and maybe complicit in it.

Could Rhaegar have taken Lyanna to Summerhall, since it was so important to him? Another interesting hiding place is Starfall, since Ser Arthur Dayne seems to be in on the secret.

I'd also say that Brandon was on his way to his wedding when he found out about Lyanna.

My gut feeling is that Ned and Catelyn married before the Battle of the Bells. I'm not sure of the relative birthdates of Jon and Robb ,I read stuff and then i can't remember who said it and how they justified it.....but i get the impression that Robb is older than Jon (if nothing else, if Jon were older Ned could justify his fathering of Jon to Catelyn by telling her that the mother was someone he was involved with before Brandon died or at least before they were married.). Jon is born around the time of the sack of King's Landing? Even if somewhat after, it still means that Robb must have been born somewhere around the time of the Battle of the Trident or Sack of King's Landing. Nine months between these events and the Battle of the Bells leaves a lot of time running around the Riverlands and Reach having skirmishes and not popping by Riverrun to check to see if your pregnant missus is ok.

I've got a feeling that there might be a spanner called Littlefinger the works. I wouldn't be at all surprised if tales of Lyanna's "abduction" weren't leaked to Brandon out of spite. It might just be me, I like to blame Littlefinger for things where i can.

Elia inviting Lyanna to court doesn't seem likely, seeing as what happened at Harrenhal. But Elia would have been in such a position. However, had Lyanna been at KL, she could have become pregant there without a problem. An abduction would not have been necessary.

Rhaegar always went alone to Summerhal, even the KG never accompanied him there. I doubt he'd take Lyanna.

Ned and Cat married together with Jon and Lysa, and as MtnLion has argued, Denys died after the Battle of the Bells - Though it now comes to mind that Hoster already fought in the Battle of the Bells, and thus would have already had made the marriage agreements. So we still don't know anything about whether it was before or after. It might perhaps he concluded from the birth of Robb. I'll see if I can fill that in when I start calculating the actual rebellion itself, which I plan to do over the next two weeks.

LF wasn't at Riverrun when Brandon heard the news. LF had been sent back to the Fingers a while before, after Brandon and Baelish had fought their duel. LF had been looked after for a fortnight by Lysa before he was send back to the Fingers.

This is just my speculation, but I've always wondered if perhaps Lyanna had been living in the household of a southern lord when she disappeared. Just like boys were sent to be fostered in the household of other lords, it was very common during the Middle Ages for young girls of the nobility to be sent to live with their future husband's family once a betrothal was set so that they could learn the intricacies of their future household and position. We also see this with Sansa and Myracella in cannon. Since Lyanna's mother had already been dead for many years (and there's never a mention that I can recall of her having a septa) and since she's from the north which has it's own customs, it seems likely that this may have been especially important in her case.

Girls were very strictly supervised and chaperoned by the female members of the family, usually by their future mother-in-law's. Since there were no female members of the Baratheon family at Storm's End to chaperone Lyanna, it seems possible that she could have been staying in another southern household under the tutelage and protection of the lady of that family. Again, this is just my speculation but it would put her in the south at the time of her disappearance and if she had already been living there for a few months, it could have provided the opportunity for R & L to re-connect.

LF wasn't at Riverrun when Brandon heard the news. LF had been sent back to the Fingers a while before, after Brandon and Baelish had fought their duel. LF had been looked after for a fortnight by Lysa before he was send back to the Fingers.

Brandon fought his duel with Littlefinger inflicting a severe wound. Littlefinger could not be moved for a fortnight, but was eventually borne off in a litter. Brandon had left Catelyn, immediately after the duel, to take care of an errand promising to return in a short time for the marriage. It could not have been a great deal of time between Littlefinger's departure from Riverrun and Brandon being on his return trip.

Since the betrothal was sanctioned by the king, Rhaegar would need to get his father's permission to elope with Lyanna. It stands to reason that Lyanna and Rhaegar disappeared to avoid all three families, the Baratheons, the Starks, and the Targaryens.

This is just my speculation, but I've always wondered if perhaps Lyanna had been living in the household of a southern lord when she disappeared. Just like boys were sent to be fostered in the household of other lords, it was very common during the Middle Ages for young girls of the nobility to be sent to live with their future husband's family once a betrothal was set so that they could learn the intricacies of their future household and position. We also see this with Sansa and Myracella in cannon. Since Lyanna's mother had already been dead for many years (and there's never a mention that I can recall of her having a septa) and since she's from the north which has it's own customs, it seems likely that this may have been especially important in her case.

Girls were very strictly supervised and chaperoned by the female members of the family, usually by their future mother-in-law's. Since there were no female members of the Baratheon family at Storm's End to chaperone Lyanna, it seems possible that she could have been staying in another southern household under the tutelage and protection of the lady of that family. Again, this is just my speculation but it would put her in the south at the time of her disappearance and if she had already been living there for a few months, it could have provided the opportunity for R & L to re-connect.

That was why I speculated on Harrenhal. And you are exactly correct, without a female chaperone as Lady Berantheon perished with her husband, and there were no sisters, it would have been inappropriate for her to be at Stormsend.

Harrenhal makes sense for a couple of connections:

- Obviously Oswells association. Perhaps the Prince prevailed upon him to ask his brother to invite Lyanna to stay.

Harrenhal is closer to KL than Winterfell if Rhaegar wanted to steal away to see her again.

- Hosters wife was a Whent, and asking the Warden of the Norths daughter, future Lady Berantheon who would be kin to the king, and soon-to-be good sister of their kinswoman to be their guest, is politic.

Rickard might have agreed to this so Lyanna could continue "lady" lessons and polish to be an acceptable southron wife.

- I speculate that the Isle of Faces near Harrenhal will play a part in the clue to Rhaegar and Lyannas relationship.

Well, Lyanna wouldn't have a septa, because she doesn't follow the faith. These two are connected to each other.

At Storm's End, there was no female Baratheon to chaperone Lyanna, or teach her the ways of a proper Southern lady. So Storm's End seems also unlikely in this aspect for Lyanna to have been when she went missing. Another reason why it would be unlikely is Lyanna was at Storm's End when she went missing, is because Storm's End (aka Stannis) would have send the message of Lyanna's disappearance to Robert first, and not to Brandon.

We don´t know how much time there was between the Tourney at Harrenhal and Lyanna´s disappearance, but is was close to a year (perhaps a month or two more, perhaps a month or two less). I believe that there is a minimum of at least 9 months in between these two events, for if Rhaegar and Elia had conceived Aegon before they left for the Tourney, they would have figured out that she was pregnant at some time during the tourney, since travelling with a wheelhouse (and I guess the royal party would also use a wheelhouse in that time) at an average speed is 10 miles per day, taking about 38 days for the 380 miles long yourney. And then the Tourney itself, which lasted several days (if not longer) as well. All we can tell for certain is that they were in KL the night the comet appeared above in the sky.

Lyanna would have several connections to Harrenhal, and after the Tourney, she was already there. She never went to Riverrun, since Catelyn never met her, so perhaps she was indeed living at Harrenhal to be amongst Southern women. Who knows?

Brandon fought his duel with Littlefinger inflicting a severe wound. Littlefinger could not be moved for a fortnight, but was eventually borne off in a litter. Brandon had left Catelyn, immediately after the duel, to take care of an errand promising to return in a short time for the marriage. It could not have been a great deal of time between Littlefinger's departure from Riverrun and Brandon being on his return trip.

Since the betrothal was sanctioned by the king, Rhaegar would need to get his father's permission to elope with Lyanna. It stands to reason that Lyanna and Rhaegar disappeared to avoid all three families, the Baratheons, the Starks, and the Targaryens.

From Winterfell to Riverrun is about 1615 miles. There would be no reason for haste, so Brandon would be travelling with his small group of riders about 24 miles per day. That comes down to 67 days. We don't know what his errand was, but he would have to return to Riverrun the same way as he left it. There was also no reason for haste then, so it would be expected to take another 67 days.

However, Brandon, at about 110 miles removed from Riverrun (about 4,5 days in average pace), learned of Lyanna and travelled to KL in 20 days, where he was stuck waiting for the trial for another 76 days at the least, before he died. This was a few days before his marriage.

So inbetween the time Brandon left Riverrun, and Brandon would have returned to Riverrun, there would be at least 134 days (not including the days it would take him to complete his mystery business). Their marriage would have been at least 225,5 days after Brandon left Catelyn for the last time, vowing to return soon. That comes down to 7,5 months. Apparently, that is what the Westerosi considered as soon. But then again, they didn't have cars, only horses, so everything will go slower.

That was why I speculated on Harrenhal. And you are exactly correct, without a female chaperone as Lady Berantheon perished with her husband, and there were no sisters, it would have been inappropriate for her to be at Stormsend.

Harrenhal makes sense for a couple of connections:

- Obviously Oswells association. Perhaps the Prince prevailed upon him to ask his brother to invite Lyanna to stay.

Harrenhal is closer to KL than Winterfell if Rhaegar wanted to steal away to see her again.

- Hosters wife was a Whent, and asking the Warden of the Norths daughter, future Lady Berantheon who would be kin to the king, and soon-to-be good sister of their kinswoman to be their guest, is politic.

Rickard might have agreed to this so Lyanna could continue "lady" lessons and polish to be an acceptable southron wife.

- I speculate that the Isle of Faces near Harrenhal will play a part in the clue to Rhaegar and Lyannas relationship.

To your first point, with Lyanna amongst the Whents, Rhaegar would have had easy access into the castle, seeing as he had the brother to the ruling lord with him.

What role do you believe the Isle of the Faces will have?

@MtnLion already gave an answer to this:

Btw, where did you find that Ned and Jon would marry Cat and Lysa after the Battle of the Bells, and not did so before? I've been looking for a source about that.

I remember that it had been discussed on the board before, and I haven't got the most decisive quote at the moment (otherwise it would appear in the document I just mailed you). But in the 9th paragraph of the FAQ we read about the Battle of the Bells:

With Robert being tended by friends in the town, Lord Connington’s large host stormed the walls and began to search house by house for him. However, before he could find Lord Robert, Lord Stark and Lord Tully led their forces and besieged the besiegers. The precise reason for Lord Hoster’s entry into the conflict is unclear, given that Lady Catelyn suggests that the betrothal of Lord Arryn and Lysa Tully was not arranged until after the death of his cousin (III: 32). It may be that Lord Arryn at least entered negotiations along these lines to recieve Lord Hoster’s temporary support, with Lord Hoster assuming that he could always turn royalist and recieve a pardon. Given Robert’s certainty that Lord Eddard won the battle for him, however, it may be that Eddard Stark played a more pivotal role—perhaps by asking for help on the basis of his intention to wed Catelyn Tully.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ/Entry/What_happened_when_during_Roberts_Rebellion

There were already Tullys fighting for Ned and Robert at the battle. Some posters on the board have taken that for fact the marriages were before the battle, but majority seems to get it like:

1) negotiation for Tully men and betrothal 2) move to Stoney Sept, being a little bit but not all too late to 3) save Robert losing the battle and his life and instead trash Connington, 4) travel back and marry the Tully sisters, 5) stay until they appear to be pregnant 6) back to war.

Back to the quote from the FAQ and the book text in ASoS: Catelyn remembers her betrothal after the death of Denys Arryn. III: 32. Denys died at the hands of Jon Connington in the Battle of the Bells III: 32, 327

That is quite safe to assume it was after the Battle of the Bells.

I'll be back with more evidence if there's more to be dug up.

Well, Lyanna wouldn't have a septa, because she doesn't follow the faith. These two are connected to each other.

At Storm's End, there was no female Baratheon to chaperone Lyanna, or teach her the ways of a proper Southern lady. So Storm's End seems also unlikely in this aspect for Lyanna to have been when she went missing. Another reason why it would be unlikely is Lyanna was at Storm's End when she went missing, is because Storm's End (aka Stannis) would have send the message of Lyanna's disappearance to Robert first, and not to Brandon.

We don´t know how much time there was between the Tourney at Harrenhal and Lyanna´s disappearance, but is was close to a year (perhaps a month or two more, perhaps a month or two less). I believe that there is a minimum of at least 9 months in between these two events, for if Rhaegar and Elia had conceived Aegon before they left for the Tourney, they would have figured out that she was pregnant at some time during the tourney, since travelling with a wheelhouse (and I guess the royal party would also use a wheelhouse in that time) at an average speed is 10 miles per day, taking about 38 days for the 380 miles long yourney. And then the Tourney itself, which lasted several days (if not longer) as well. All we can tell for certain is that they were in KL the night the comet appeared above in the sky.

Lyanna would have several connections to Harrenhal, and after the Tourney, she was already there. She never went to Riverrun, since Catelyn never met her, so perhaps she was indeed living at Harrenhal to be amongst Southern women. Who knows?

From Winterfell to Riverrun is about 1615 miles. There would be no reason for haste, so Brandon would be travelling with his small group of riders about 24 miles per day. That comes down to 67 days. We don't know what his errand was, but he would have to return to Riverrun the same way as he left it. There was also no reason for haste then, so it would be expected to take another 67 days.

However, Brandon, at about 110 miles removed from Riverrun (about 4,5 days in average pace), learned of Lyanna and travelled to KL in 20 days, where he was stuck waiting for the trial for another 76 days at the least, before he died. This was a few days before his marriage.

So inbetween the time Brandon left Riverrun, and Brandon would have returned to Riverrun, there would be at least 134 days (not including the days it would take him to complete his mystery business). Their marriage would have been at least 225,5 days after Brandon left Catelyn for the last time, vowing to return soon. That comes down to 7,5 months. Apparently, that is what the Westerosi considered as soon. But then again, they didn't have cars, only horses, so everything will go slower.

To your first point, with Lyanna amongst the Whents, Rhaegar would have had easy access into the castle, seeing as he had the brother to the ruling lord with him.

What role do you believe the Isle of the Faces will have?

I can't answer in depth now, but will get back to you ASAP. :)

Also, you must have been a goddess with word problems :bowdown:

Thank you :)

Yeah, I've liked solving those things. Add that to my love for details, and these are the kind of things you get :D These are the kind of puzzles I like!

Here is a good one for you. The night that Chelsted was roasted the queen had a visitor and Jaime and Jonothor Darry stood guard, and exchanged words. A fortnight later King's Landing is being sacked and Jaime kills the pyromancer Hand. During the time in between Jonothor Darry goes to his death at the Trident, and Ned hurries south, arriving nearly the same time as the sack. How many days travel for an army is it each direction between the Trident and King's Landing?

I am not entirely sure why it is assumed that Brandon was riding from Winterfell when he learned about Lyanna. Apart from his squire, he was accompanied by Jeffory Mallister, a Riverman and 2 Valemen: Kyle Royce and Elbert Arryn.

IMHO, it is far more likely that he was making a grand tour of Westeros or something along these lines, rather than that he returned to Winterfell and was coming back down from there.

Nor do I see him getting a messenger from Riverrun - Lord Hoster would have taken pains to be as diplomatic as possible and given the raven-post it was quicker to contact Lord Rickard first, anyway, than somebody who was on the move. Nor was it Brandon's decision how to respond, really, not as long as his father still lived.

No, IMHO Brandon either heard rumors or came across people who let Lyanna escape. Or even was contacted by Lyanna's messenger, whom he probably disregarded, if not killed outright, being "wild" and all. The whole "taken at a swordspoint" strongly reminds me of the lie Daeron the Drunken told his father Maekar when he didn't know where Egg vanished to while he was drinking himself senseless. Not that it is important for the topic of this thread.

Anyway, I am just saying that timing-wise, we can't assume that Brandon went to Winterfell between his telling Cat that he was leaving on an errand and hearing about Lyanna. For that matter, he may not have gone back home at all between the tourney of Harrenhal and his fateful dash to KL.

Here is a good one for you. The night that Chelsted was roasted the queen had a visitor and Jaime and Jonothor Darry stood guard, and exchanged words. A fortnight later King's Landing is being sacked and Jaime kills the pyromancer Hand. During the time in between Jonothor Darry goes to his death at the Trident, and Ned hurries south, arriving nearly the same time as the sack. How many days travel for an army is it each direction between the Trident and King's Landing?

As you know, I have been nutcracking these things and pretty soon realized that named characters in the World of Ice and Fire fly faster than the ravens. To Martin, the battle of the Ruby ford, the Sack of King's landing, the lift of the siege at Storms end, Jon Snow's birth and the Skirmish at the Tower of Joy and Lyanna's death all seem to happen simultanuously :-)

Archived