GOODKIND V

Werthead

Outfit????

what is this some twisted fancy dress party he's going to?

How about robes, tunic, gown... ANYTHING more interesting and descriptive than "Outfit" :bang:

Ah, but "robes" and "tunics" appear in FANTASY novels, and Mr. Goodkind does not write FANTASY. Hence the more modern "outfit".

Ah, but "robes" and "tunics" appear in FANTASY novels, and Mr. Goodkind does not write FANTASY. Hence the more modern "outfit".

:lol:

and ewwww. that was an appauling sex scene. Its hard to see her as the heroine of the series after that.

Thats the first "wizards rule" which may or may not have anything to do with reason.

Will he make up his damn mind then...??? :rolleyes:

As to today's second "Quote'o the day"? How the hell did I read that the first time and not throw the book across the room? Seriously? Terry's right. He doesn't write fantasy. He writes slash.

Two QotD's is above and beyond the call of duty Mad Moose. I think I speak for everyone here when I say thank you for your self sacrifice in reading TG so we don't have to. Take a rest, you've earned it. Bravo.

I appreciate the support and good wishes of all those here who acknowledge the dreadful sacrifice I make on everyones behalf. But it's a cross I've chosen to bear. What I really really need right now is a drink. Cuz much like Kahlan at the end of that scene, I feal spent, and dirty.

This is my favourite aspect of this scene. She has spent nearly a year in Richard's company by this time, she is completely in love with him and done much cuddling and kissing. Alright they had not gone all the way because they were being good, waiting till they were married (bless) but even so how could you NOT realise who it was just because it was dark and you are both forbidden to speak! It cracks me up!

It gets established earlier in the book that Richard always knows when Kahlan is in the room, even if he doesn't see her, and that she never knows its him unless she can see him. Richard is continuously baffled as to how this can be. I just don't get how,knowing this, Richard doesn't suspect during the sex that Kahlan thinks she's with Drefan. Richard's an idiot I guess.

Maybe he was confused. She would have to unconfuse him.

Is this actually in the book? "Unconfuse"? I mean, really.

After this second quote of the day I'm begining to understand some of those romance website reviews I've seen for Goodkind.

Also, why isn't Kahlan troubled that she's married to a rapist/murderer? Does she not know or did she just decide to accentuate the positives and think, "hey, at least he's kinda cute"?

Was that scene an example of Kahlan's "moral clarity"?

Yes. Even Richard acknowledges this later on.

Is this actually in the book? "Unconfuse"? I mean, really.

After this second quote of the day I'm begining to understand some of those romance website reviews I've seen for Goodkind.

Also, why isn't Kahlan troubled that she's married to a rapist/murderer? Does she not know or did she just decide to accentuate the positives and think, "hey, at least he's kinda cute"?

Yes, its a direct quote. I don't need to alter his prose to make it seem stupid.

Kahlan doesn't yet know what Drefan is all about.

That scene was just beyond the pale. It's worse than bodice-rippers' heaving breasts, worse than Jordan, worse than the incompetant couplings in Stephenson.

The only thing worse than that scene was Goodkind's monster-mediated nun-ravishing, and that was worse than Bakker's demon bird booty, Brin's human-on-Fen hijinks, Tepper's ice-queen-on-foxen titillation and Bill O'Reilly's falafel frottage combined.

I honestly think that if you went out and actually tried to write a book worse than Goodkind's that you would fail to do so. Every quote just ups the ante even more. Slaughtering peace protesters and it being presented as a heroic task was pretty bad. Kicking a young girl's face in was worse. Chopping up a bunch of councilors for something they hadn't actually done might appeal to militia types I guess. And the heroine getting hot for torturing an enemy all night long is topping that once again. (with that last one it would be like making that nasty Samurai in Shogun the hero for boiling that sailor alive all night long).

But I am starting to have a hard time believing that anything can top that Richard and the Gar interpreting a Sting song. Specially with the Gar actually saying he loves Richard. That was just.......wow! Blue sky thinking. What does Goodkind imbibe when he writes these works? Does he just masturbate himself into a frenzy of hatred flicking through the news channels looking at all the liberals, fundamentalists, equal rights advocates and all those with a lack of "moral clarity" and then power up the word processor and let it all flood out? Does he let his "thing" rise before he starts?

Wow look at all the guests viewing this thread, 14 at present. Hello folks guesting here from Malazanempire, Seven Seas, WoTmania and other places. The fame of this thread is becoming an internet phenomena :D

I know the QotD's have been linked over at Malazan Empire by Sir Thursday (I think). Has it gone further than that?

It was Richard the whole time! dum-dum-DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM

Cara switched them on purpose to make sure that Richard and Kahlan would be together, but she didn't say anything, she expected Kahlan to figure it out on her own. I seems betting on Kahlan's intellect is a loser. At least she could have hinted or something. "Enjoy your time with 'Drefan' <wink wink>." Even a twit like Kahlan could have figured that out, but nooooooooo.

Archived