WWE Network

Triple H's buddy getting handed a win, probably as part of a contract stipulation. And the facts really seem to side with that theory; I mean the New Age Outlaws win the tag titles, Batista wins the Rumble and Kevin Nash gets a spot otherwise reserved for a guy on the actual roster. All buddies of the guy who is now the head booker. Unless the Authority storyline is about to pick up big time, none of those make sense from a standpoint of where the company had been headed.

It's looking more and more like Triple H took too many lessons in booking from Nash, who's ego-drive booking decisions helped drive WCW into the gutter 15 years ago.

Which could conceivable become a pretty fun storyline. You have all the up and comers (Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, etc) get fed up with the status quo and openly call out 3H's and his cronies. I always thought the Stone Cold vs Vince (and the establishment in general) was one of the funnier storylines back in the day.

I figured the WWE Network was a "must buy" for me, but given the direction they've decided to go (or rather, NOT go) with Daniel Bryan, I figured I'd wait a few weeks before I sign up. If enough people delay their subscription, WWE could have a major panic attack when they have hundreds of thousands of subscribers by the end of February instead of the expected 2-4 million.

The CM Punk situation has further cemented my resolve. I will either buy late, or not at all. Buying tickets to shows in order to protest booking won't send a message, but hitting the McMahons (and one Levesque) in their collective wallet might actually get the point across.

I hope Punk is just injured this week or something. It'd really suck for him to miss Wrestlemania. Especially with all the old stars coming back. I get Punk's supposed gripe with those guys stealing the spotlight, but I think as long as people like Brock are only doing a couple pay per views a year that it can actually draw in more fans to see the young guys in the first place. I really don't think Punk has much to complain about anyway. Within the last year he's been in matches with The Rock, Undertaker, Lesnar, and the two biggest factions to be in the company in years. I mean he's had the longest world title reign in over a decade. I just don't see what he really has to be angry about compared to someone like Dolph Ziggler.

Reportedly, Punk has opted to leave WWE and wait out the remaining six months of his contract at home. He just got too frustrated with the political and creative issues backstage and decided he'd had enough. A real disappointment to his fans, but I for one totally understand why he did what he did. I just hope he and WWE can work things out in the next few weeks.

I've been a wrestling fan my entire life, well over twenty years, and I think the past year or two have been a marked improvement on the post-Attitude era malaise that the company had been stuck in for so long. I actually like most of the wrestlers on the roster and have been watching it every week recently. I don't mind the tv-PG material, massive blade jobs and cock jokes are not necessary for a good wrestling show. All that stuff got old and overdone (i.e. Katie Vick), the era of shock tv and Jerry Springer style antics is done. They've gotten back to basics in many ways, and there are quite a few good workers and fun characters. I don't understand how the smarks who hate Cena can still watch the show. He's a good worker who has put on many amazing matches in his career, a stand up guy by all accounts. If they can't get over their blind hatred for him they should develop other interests and stop watching. I had good seats at a house show recently and saw up close how hard these wrestlers work. Crowds such as the one at the Rumble are absolutely obnoxious. These smarky crowds of 300 pound bearded men (who hilariously ridicule the athleticism of the performers) are more interested in getting themselves over and heard than actually enjoying the wrestling show they go to. I just don't understand why they bother. They should stay home and watch the indie wrestling spotfests which they so cherish

I've been a wrestling fan my entire life, well over twenty years, and I think the past year or two have been a marked improvement on the post-Attitude era malaise that the company had been stuck in for so long. I actually like most of the wrestlers on the roster and have been watching it every week recently. I don't mind the tv-PG material, massive blade jobs and cock jokes are not necessary for a good wrestling show. All that stuff got old and overdone (i.e. Katie Vick), the era of shock tv and Jerry Springer style antics is done. They've gotten back to basics in many ways, and there are quite a few good workers and fun characters. I don't understand how the smarks who hate Cena can still watch the show. He's a good worker who has put on many amazing matches in his career, a stand up guy by all accounts. If they can't get over their blind hatred for him they should develop other interests and stop watching. I had good seats at a house show recently and saw up close how hard these wrestlers work. Crowds such as the one at the Rumble are absolutely obnoxious. These smarky crowds of 300 pound bearded men (who hilariously ridicule the athleticism of the performers) are more interested in getting themselves over and heard than actually enjoying the wrestling show they go to. I just don't understand why they bother. They should stay home and watch the indie wrestling spotfests which they so cherish

I'm with you on the blind Cena hate. I only have two criticisms that I feel are legit:

1. Cena no-sells too often

2. His character is booked so strongly to the point you can never reliably pick against him

I think both of these are as much on creative as they are on Cena because they ask these things of him.

It's part of the Chikara Pro/Wrestling Is... family of promotions.

I've never followed Chikara/Wrestling Is... as it's way too complicated to follow sometimes, but....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chikara_%28professional_wrestling%29

and as for the Wrestling Is.. part, the best I can tell at the last Chikara show, they basically got shut down and split into a bunch of different promotions with names like Wrestling is Art, Wrestling is Fun ETC.

ETA

A slightly better(?) explanation.

http://comicsforeveryone.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/time-travel-liquidations-and-ippvs-the-chikara-story/

Archived