WWE Network

I think it made sense for Taker to lose. He looked completely off it and Brock was carrying the match for the best part.

I don't have a problem with it being Brock either. There's no other stand out choices either aside from maybe Kane (who I'd have been fine with).

And Paul Heyman is pure genius.

Taker offered Kane the chance to end the streak in the past and he turned it down out respect. At least that's the word out there.

Warriors last speech:

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat; his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory."

Warriors last speech:

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat; his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory."

Remarkable dichotomy given that he is capable of something quite eloquent like that and at the same time almost all of his promo work.

Remarkable dichotomy given that he is capable of something quite eloquent like that and at the same time almost all of his promo work.

To be fair, the written version of that speech is much clearer than when he actually spoke it. I laughed more than once watching the video and thought, "classic Warrior." Hellwig always had a hard time getting his words to match his intensity.

Also, he looked like shit Monday Night. There are points where you could clearly see that something was wrong.

I heard the news about the warrior on my ride home from work last night. The guys on the sports talk station I listened to mentioned it.

I was very sad to hear it. I was never a huge warrior fan, but I always loved the energy he brought to the ring. It was just odd that I don't remember hearing anything about the warrior for many years until this weekend when I saw that he was inducted into the hall of fame. Then two days later he is dead. Very strange indeed.

This is the first and last time you'll see me in a pro-wrestly thread.

I just popping in to say, that while I have not taken any interest in pro-wrestling for many years, I was briefly into WWF at the time the Ultimate Warrior was huge; in more ways than one obviously. And I thought he was a great character, one of my favourites. So sad to see he died at such a young age, and leaving behind such young kids :frown5: .

R.I.P Ultimate Warrior.

To be fair, the written version of that speech is much clearer than when he actually spoke it. I laughed more than once watching the video and thought, "classic Warrior." Hellwig always had a hard time getting his words to match his intensity.

Also, he looked like shit Monday Night. There are points where you could clearly see that something was wrong.

Fair enough, I didn't get a chance to see it live. I think the most clear, concise and focused I have seen him was during his hour long video ripping Hogan to shreds on YouTube.

Wrestlers are not really known for taking care of themselves. Between the steroids, alcohol, drugs, tanning and women its not surprising how many wrestlers die so young (relatively).

Back to parts unknown...RIP

Funny how WWE policy a few years back was to rip into UW (including in a DVD release) and now he's been embraced again. Truely anything can happen in the WWE world...

Except Randy Savage being forgiven. Then hell will truly have frozen over.

Nancy Grace listed Owen Hart as a wrestler who died from steroid abuse. I'm not saying she needs to lose her job or anything. I'm just saying she needs to stay off of any airwaves I might come across.

She also listed Chris Candido (blood clot after surgery) and former referees Mark Curtis (cancer) and Joey Marella (car accident.) I think there were more, but those are the ones I remember. Moral of the story: she's an idiot.

I watched the Hogan v. Warrior WMVI match again after hearing this news. I can't believe how exciting this match was to my memory when I saw it back in the day to how slow and limited it looks now.

So many rest holds and such a limited range of moves by both guys. Still at the time having a good guy face a good guy was unprecedented (as was Hogan losing fair and square). The match goes for about 30 minutes of which 10 is ring entrances/poses/post-match celebrations and 15 is rest holds like head locks, tests of strength or both guys just plain lying on their backs.

I watched the Hogan v. Warrior WMVI match again after hearing this news. I can't believe how exciting this match was to my memory when I saw it back in the day to how slow and limited it looks now.

So many rest holds and such a limited range of moves by both guys. Still at the time having a good guy face a good guy was unprecedented (as was Hogan losing fair and square). The match goes for about 30 minutes of which 10 is ring entrances/poses/post-match celebrations and 15 is rest holds like head locks, tests of strength or both guys just plain lying on their backs.

I have not seen it in a while but didn't the crowd really make the match what it was? Re watching Rock/Hogan I felt the same. The crowd made that match, whereas something like Angle/Michaels made itself.

Archived