Talk about Stannis Baratheon(and then perform your duties in a leal and puissant manner)

E-Ro

Yeah Davos is very easily the best thing about Stannis :D

Actually Davos is about one of the only good things about Stannis because through Davos mainly that is who we see Stannis through. Stannis has know pov. What cracks me up is when Jon starts to give Stannis advice and Stannis is like of course thats what i am going to do, and Jon is giving all the good guidance Stannis will take credit for.

This isn't some sort of parole violation, E-Ro? Okay.

Here's one from earlier today that got locked for length, which can now be dragged back on stage and forced to sing one more time like an American Idol contestant after they've been voted off the show, all thanks to this new Stan talk outlet:

Also, while sitting in that icy tent shivering, Stannis may discover rap music. His staggered exhaling and involuntary muscle contractions may produce beatboxing sounds that impress his army and boost their morale. Has anyone drawn attention to this before? It would make Stannis a Westerosi original, the first to cross over into the hiphop genre and represent the West Coast sound with his first single Dragon Stones (points to his crotch repeatedly) and Ice Ice Barae-thee (-On) followed by The Notorious K.N.U.C.K.L.E.R. Then he brings the house down by literally bringing the walls of Winterfell down to celebrate the end of this second leg of his world tour.

"I'm the showstopper / the Wall dropper / my horn sounds'zas'yur shit comes down / you shoulda feared it b'fore now / but choo can't hear it cuz how / you gonna hear it when you dead? / You hear dat, Roose? you dead. / Your head all froze up / 'swhy this one goes up / to R'hllor-in-a-blood-red-sky / cuz dis victry is mine / 'twasn't you 'twas I / who made the ice my ride / my bed, my pride / a-place-to-fish-and-fry-while-your-Freys-all-fled / I turned the snow yellow / you made it red / I pissed on your fellows / as they bled / steam hissed off 'a that / frozen tableau of the dead /

I...

Fell....

On....

Winter-Fell On Winter-Fell on / Wintr'-don't-fall-on-me / I fall on Winter Fall-on-Winter / Fall on Winter to the SPRING / I fell on Winter / fell on Winter / fell on Wintr'-don't-fall-on-me / I fell upon the Roose and Rams / goddamn you know I'm gonna be KING.

I...

Fell...

On...

and

on.....

and......

on

Ba-Ray-Theee-

-ON

and

On

and

on to king's landing.

I Fell on Winter.....

Winter didn't fall on me.

(Drops his burning sword and stalks off to shave his wife).

:bowdown:

Actually Davos is about one of the only good things about Stannis because through Davos mainly that is who we see Stannis through. Stannis has know pov. What cracks me up is when Jon starts to give Stannis advice and Stannis is like of course thats what i am going to do, and Jon is giving all the good guidance Stannis will take credit for.

I give him some credit for listening to Jon in the first place though.

Good leaders take advice, they dont just charge in and do what they feel is best, that is what boy lords do. And boy lords are the bane of any house.

I noticed earlier you said Stannis was a minor character, can you explain what you mean by that? How are you defining this?

Stan the Man Baratheon, on 14 Jan 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:Stan the Man Baratheon, on 14 Jan 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Davos II, Chapter 10. Stannis is secluded and has yet to talk to anyone else than Mel. Mel saw it in the flames and gave Axell the order. Stannis doesn't get informed.

In Davos III Chapter 25, Mel visits Davos, but they never mention Stannis giving the order.

Mark Antony, on 14 Jan 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:Mark Antony, on 14 Jan 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

If we go by your thinking (which I don't) Then Stannis is just a dumbass for letting a red priestess do whatever she wants while he ignorantly broods. I dont think he's that stupid. He knows whats going on on Dragonstone :D

This is reminding of the Chris Christie bridge closing debacle.

Although Christie's more Robert like.

What is that? I don't know. :frown5:

the governor of the great state of new jersey(fuck yeah) had some bridges closed for political reasons, to get back at someone for not endorsing him. Hes in big trouble now.

anyway, back to stannis people!

The mayor of Fort Lee, a Jersey town, didn't endorse Christie for governor so in retaliation aides in Christie's office (on Christie's orders. Cough.) closed all but one lane of the George Washington Bridge (which connected Fort Lee) for four days and tied up traffic in a huge snarl, including emergency vehicles. A woman who was on her way to the hospital due to a heart attack died in the bridge traffic. It was a huge abuse of power and more of this kind of bullying and abusive behavior from Christie is coming to light.

the governor of the great state of new jersey(fuck yeah) had some bridges closed for political reasons, to get back at someone for not endorsing him. Hes in big trouble now.

The mayor of Fort Lee, a Jersey town, didn't endorse Christie for governor so in retaliation aides in Christie's office (on Christie's orders. Cough.) closed all but one lane of the George Washington Bridge (which connected Fort Lee) for four days and tied up traffic in a huge snarl, including emergency vehicles. A woman who was on her way to the hospital due to a heart attack died in the bridge traffic. It was a huge abuse of power and more of this kind of bullying and abusive behavior from Christie is coming to light.

Damn.

Kind of like how Stannis had Storm's End...Ser Cortnay...burns people...eh, nevermind

You know, I think stannis is the only character that has had a thread dedicated to how funny he is. Honestly, he is funnier to me then dolerous edd and tyrion. My fave Stannis joke

Stannis ground his teeth. 'It is not my wish to tamper with your rights and traditions. As to royal guidance, Janos, if you mean that I ought to tell your brothers to choose you, have the courage to say so.' That took Lord Janos aback. He smiled uncertainly and began to sweat, but Bowen Marsh beside him said, 'Who better to command the black cloaks than a man who once commanded the gold, sire?' Any of you, I would think. Even the cook.'"

Also, im surprised my post about him being a better commander then robb has not been attacked yet. Still waiting for it.

I'll give Stannis this: he went after the specific people who were giving him trouble or had broken the law: Renly, Cortnay, the cannibals (even though the cannibals had good reason). Christie hurt tens of thousands of innocent people for no reason other than his own entertainment.

I wouldn't compare the two except Stannis is a far better man than Christie.

Archived