Rick and Morty thread

Sci-2

My older kids turned me on to this show and I absolutely love it.

They did this reluctantly, no doubt, as my loving this show would render it complete crap in their eyes:p.

I was a bit disappointed in the last episode, especially as a season finale. I would have hoped they would close out with something crazy and the Titanic b plot didn't add much, though the panic over a lack of accident was funny. There were some cool new characters though and I still think this was the best new comedy of the year.

Now the long wait for season 2 . Wubba lubba dub dub indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Great show. It's actually doing a better job of being Doctor Who than Doctor Who in terms of sci-fi and adventure (with the distinction Rick doesn't do time travel). I also love the Dad although it took a while not to think of him as the character from Archer (because of the actor's voice).

The level of inventiveness is refreshing and there's always at least one great quotable moment per episode.

I liked how they riffed on lazy fixes in sci-fi- you set up a problem, a bunch of pseudo-scientific babble is spouted, the problem is solved. Here, of course it escalated with the only out being do over in a different reality. The ending montage with Morty adpating was crushing and hilarious at the same time.

It was pretty crushing and I'm pleased they mentioned it later on in terms of Morty being weirded out by it not really being his world. I wonder if the multiple Ricks know he's a Rick living in another Rick's world?

I also liked how Rick said he can only pull this trick a few times as it would get repetitive if that was how every problem was solved.

Another fun part is when ever Rick goes out of his way to explain a plot device and Morty complains about him going on about it eg "That was lucky that restaurant had exactly the same set of clothes for us to use" "I know, why do you have to keep telling me".

• 4 months later...

Bit late to the party, but I watched all of it the past couple days. Loved the quirkiness and quick wit of the show. My favourite line has to be the bureaucrat one from the pilot (which was otherwise the weakest episode, as others here pointed out).

I wonder if 'Evil Morty' from episode 10 will play a role down the road. He can't just disappear after killing 27 ricks, can he?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here's me being excited that I discovered the new series was available today, only to discover it's been out for a month! Sometimes missing out on the forum a couple of days can cause serious breaches in my tv info flow.

Anyway episode one was great. They definitely seem to be maintaining inventive ideas for the storytelling and I imagine the split screen approach was a tricky one to conceive in terms of getting the info across without it being utterly confusing.

I also love the quick jokes [spoiler] Rick making a reference about how the Dad desperately pretends to fit in with a made up show - only to chastise the kids for laughing at a reference that doesn't exist. The Indian guy popping up for a thumbs up after rescuing the deer was a nive touch too [/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

This show is absolutely brilliant.  I love any television show that can have me giggling like an idiot one minute and 10 minutes later I'm left sitting there just sort of shocked from how dark shit just got.  I can't decide which I love more, the end to this episode with Rick building his little machine or the end of Love Potion #9.  The music in both of those episodes (which is what I linked to) really helps sell those scenes too.

I wish there were more than 12 episodes a season because this fills the hole that Community has left in my heart.  

This show is absolutely brilliant.  I love any television show that can have me giggling like an idiot one minute and 10 minutes later I'm left sitting there just sort of shocked from how dark shit just got.  I can't decide which I love more, the end to this episode with Rick building his little machine or the end of Love Potion #9.  The music in both of those episodes (which is what I linked to) really helps sell those scenes too.

I wish there were more than 12 episodes a season because this fills the hole that Community has left in my heart.  

The show is really good at swinging to dark scenes or pathos. I also like the "rubadub" catchphrase explanation and how Rick went back to get revenge on the slime monster who assualted Morty. Like you said, Dark.

The ending to the new episode was sort of similar too with a twist ending. I loved the [spoiler] He's sorry you didn't have any bad memories of him [/spoiler]. It was a really fun spin on the "the thing" style of horror/sci-fi.

I see the mix up at the jerry day care creeping into the A plot story line coming fast. Another genius >30mins.

I forgot that might be the case. He does seem particulalry pathetic this season. Thing is, all the cast are alternates except for Rick and Morty.

Inserting Mr. Poopybutthole into the opening credits was awesome. All the unhappy memories killed it too. Rick's catchphrases were also amazing, especially 'AIDS!'.  Dno if people have seen Roiland's other videos, but here is Doc & Mharti, where the 'lick my balls' catchphrase came from. It's super NSFW, Roiland really needed someone to rein in some of his stuff.

Inserting Mr. Poopybutthole into the opening credits was awesome. All the unhappy memories killed it too. Rick's catchphrases were also amazing, especially 'AIDS!'.  Dno if people have seen Roiland's other videos, but here is Doc & Mharti, where the 'lick my balls' catchphrase came from. It's super NSFW, Roiland really needed someone to rein in some of his stuff.

The bit with the titles was a nice touch. The question is "who was Mr Poopybutthole" though?

Archived