Why the Kingsmoot is Awesome & Necessary [spoilers]

Damp Hair - The Prophet

People who say 'x was stupid anyway I'm glad they cut it' crack me up. You realize the story isn't done yet right? Just bc Euron/Stoneheart hasn't f'd shit up yet doesn't mean they're not going to. Euron has immense potential as a ASOIAF villain. Establishing/introducing the Kingsmoot is a part of that.

Actually, the worst of it is that they are saying "I'm glad they cut X because I didn't like it. If you liked it, sucks to be you".

While I did enjoy reading the Kingsmoot and most of Ironborn chapters, in Feast; it's very unlikely that the TV series has it. Nor will they have all the Greyjoys. I would expect for one of them to make an appearance. I somewhat suspect that the writers do, what they did with Gendry and Edric and merge the story lines of several characters in to one. In fact; I wouldn't be surprised if Balon stays alive for a longer period of time. Might be that they introduce either Vic or Euron and combine the two. Might be that the Ironborn still harass the South end of Westeros and Balon leads that aspect.

• 9 months later...

Told ya so.

GoT would never waste the opportunity to show a known character's (Balon) death onscreen.  Having him die just before the introduction of the new Ironborn characters has stronger impact and ties them all together for the couch potatoes at home who have a hard time remembering all the characters on this show.

The Kingsmoot is scene of strong economical storytelling.  In one scene you get introduced to new characters and understand their threat and how they tie into the larger plot. 

First time I read the Kingsmoot I absolutely hated it. It was at a point in the books where you are wanting to continue the story but instead GRRM insists on introducing all these new characters and situations and you just wanna rush past them.

I think it's a lot better now.. As if it's a short story of its own. Victarion is my favourite part of it all however.

In the show I feel like Theon might be involved in it, he might be dragged along somehow and used as a pawn to decide who wins. Possibly he turns himself in somewhere and Euron gets hold of him.

Ironic, after Yara and what was left of the 50 best killers in the Iron Islands fled from Shirtless Ramsay and his dogs, we never saw her again. It has to have been a while. We know Moat Cailin no longer has any Iron Islanders but we are unsure if they hold any other strongholds in the North. Deepwood Moat or Torhen's square seem like a stretch at this point so we really do not know where she is. Maybe she is back at Pyke and Euron, if he shows up will try and take over while she is there at a potential Kingsmoot. Then again, maybe they will bypass the event altogether.

Archived