Talk about Stannis Baratheon pt2

E-Ro

He is too black and white at times, but he has done some really bad things. He killed his own brother, he was ready to kill Edric, hell, he chopped off Davos' fingers despite what he did. It's like he prides himself being this righteous man, but sometimes this righteousness leads to the wrong thing being done and at other times he conveniently forgets about it and assassinates Renly or decides to burn a kid or two.

If he really was such a badass he should have faced Renly in the field. Then Renly would sit the iron throne and George would maybe start writing about the Others already :P

Here is the full quote

Whatever doubts his lords might nurse, the common men seemed to have faith in their king. Stannis had smashed Mance Rayder’s wildlings at the Wall and cleaned Asha and her ironborn out of Deepwood Motte; he was Robert’s brother, victor in a famous sea battle off Fair Isle, the man who had held Storm’s End all through Robert’s Rebellion. And he bore a hero’s sword, the enchanted blade Lightbringer, whose glow lit up the night.” - ADWD, Chapter 42, The King’s Prize

Have you read the books? Or are you just here for the refreshments?

The Stannis qoutes are great and his military prowess so far better than his competitors. How about the long run. Do you think the northern Lords will follow Stannis all the way to the IT even though they went on a path to independence?

I have a question for you guys.

What is your ideal Stannis ending? How do you want him to die? Or, do you want him to sit the throne?

I want him to die by dragon fire, slain by Dany when he comes back South.

Dany needs to establish herself as a serious antagonist, and there is no better way to do that than by taking out one of the main characters... which has already been foreshadowed to be Stannis.

I wouldn't mind him dying fighting the Others though...

One thing is sure in my opinion, he's not surviving the series or getting his hands on the Throne.

The Stannis qoutes are great and his military prowess so far better than his competitors. How about the long run. Do you think the northern Lords will follow Stannis all the way to the IT even though they went on a path to independence?

I am unsure. I doubt there will be time for a northern army to march south, so if Stannis goes south it will be without any northmen. I dont think him and the northern lords will come to blows, but I also dont think they will fully see eye to eye. Of course many things can happen, but really with jon stabbed, and davos searching for rickon I think the north is going to be putting aside this independence thing for a while now.

I want him to die by dragon fire, slain by Dany when he comes back South.

Dany needs to establish herself as a serious antagonist, and there is no better way to do that than by taking out one of the main characters... which has already been foreshadowed to be Stannis.

I wouldn't mind him dying fighting the Others though...

One thing is sure in my opinion, he's not surviving the series or getting his hands on the Throne.

How is dany foreshadowed to take Stannis out? The blue eyed king prophecy says nothing about her killing or even fighting that blue eyed king.

Going out fighting the Other's would probably be the most satisfying end.

If it's true that "there must always be a Stark in Winterfell" because it's somehow linked to keeping the long night away, Stannis taking Winterfell back for the Boltons would be a huge accomplishment.

The Theon gift chapter suggests there is a more of a supernatural element coming into his arc. Even more than there already was with the presence of Melisandre. His destiny is to fight against the long night part 2 it isn't to be a game of thrones player IMO.

I am unsure. I doubt there will be time for a northern army to march south, so if Stannis goes south it will be without any northmen. I dont think him and the northern lords will come to blows, but I also dont think they will fully see eye to eye. Of course many things can happen, but really with jon stabbed, and davos searching for rickon I think the north is going to be putting aside this independence thing for a while now.

How is dany foreshadowed to take Stannis out? The blue eyed king prophecy says nothing about her killing or even fighting that blue eyed king.

Ok so the whole KITN thing is finished? I do not think that the North will help Stannis w/out some conditions pertaining to a Stark descendant somewhere in the next royal family or IT either through marriage or an independent kingdom.

Next Question? Mel worships a fire god. Only one character within the series has a strong relationship with fire and has three of what Mel covets the most. That is dragons. Only Targ descendants can control dragons. Or possibly a warg. If Dany shows up with dragons or Jon rides a dragon. How does this effect Mel and Stannis relationship?

Ne

Going out fighting the Other's would probably be the most satisfying end.

If it's true that "there must always be a Stark in Winterfell" because it's somehow linked to keeping the long night away, Stannis taking Winterfell back for the Boltons would be a huge accomplishment.

The Theon gift chapter suggests there is a more of a supernatural element coming into his arc. Even more than there already was with the presence of Melisandre. His destiny is to fight against the long night part 2 it isn't to be a game of thrones player IMO.

I hope you meant from the Boltons.

My ideal Stannis ending would be him on the throne. But of course that won't happen so I'd be fine with him going down like a boss, and giving Jon, Dany, or whoever the hell is the chosen one enough time to save the world or something.

Stannis as Nights King would be pretty awful in my opinion. It would give the series a definite "big bad", and would make him the worst person in Westerosi history.

Also, this thread is getting pretty funny.

Can we all just ignore tyrionstark, at least on this thread? It'd make the thread a better thread. So, agreed? :D Yes?

And why says he can't/won't? Stannis isn't so "iron" as everyone loves to quote and say he is.

Stannis will have to make some concessions to gain further allegience from the Northern Lords and Mt clans. They will not follow just because Stannis is a bad***. They did that with Robert. Remember Manderly wants rickon. what will the other northern lords want?

Stannis will have to make some concessions to gain further allegience from the Northern Lords and Mt clans. They will not follow just because Stannis is a bad***. They did that with Robert. Remember Manderly wants rickon. what will the other northern lords want?

And he will, he has bended quite a lot.

Ok so the whole KITN thing is finished? I do not think that the North will help Stannis w/out some conditions pertaining to a Stark descendant somewhere in the next royal family or IT either through marriage or an independent kingdom.

Next Question? Mel worships a fire god. Only one character within the series has a strong relationship with fire and has three of what Mel covets the most. That is dragons. Only Targ descendants can control dragons. Or possibly a warg. If Dany shows up with dragons or Jon rides a dragon. How does this effect Mel and Stannis relationship?

Ne

Yes, I think the kitn thing ended when robb got run through by his own bannerman. The northern lords have sworn fealty to the iron throne again. Its sad but thats what happened. Right now, what they want more then anything is to take out roose and make a stark their lord again. I doubt that when the others show up who is ruling will matter much.

Actually, in valyria there were tons of families that controlled dragons, not just targs. Also in dangerous women nettles has no targ or valyrian blood and she controls a dragon. So your wrong on that count. Also Stannis has targ blood in him anyway. As for how it affects his and mels relationship im not really sure. I think its not really relevant though, as there doesnt seem like there is much more that mel can offer stannis at this point. I think shes played out wrt stannis.

I'm actually trying to have a little fun with you, but come on, does this forum constantly need to have so many Stannis love threads?

well to be fair this isn't really a love thread, its for discussion of stannis, both negative and positive.

Save the Thread!

Poor E-Ro and his well intended discussion. Attempt to put the train back on the rails with relevent posting:

No, I don't think Stannis can rally the northerners. He isn't good at that. However, with Jon's help, it may be possible.

I don't think its impossible for Stannis and the North to arrive at an agreement, but I'll be honest say that the GNC is convincing. Still, I think the North would be shunning the south at the wrong time. There's freaking apocalypse that's about hit the North hard, like the southerners or not, they're going to need them.

Archived