Talk about Stannis Baratheon pt2

E-Ro

Uuugh, I had a sinking feeling you would be gracing this thread soon enough.

anyway, jon just got knifed a few times right? So when he comes back any number of changes could happen, eye color change, loss of shadow etc. So yeah.

Its a preemptive strike designed to disarm before you become too much of a threat.

I would actually prefer it to be Jon who Dany ends up slaying.

:drool:

brah, you know I love Stannis, but he's definitely the blue-eyed King in the vision. Sometimes you just have to accept.

No, I wont.

The guy is a faux King with middle kid issues who likes setting people on fire, THE END.

huh, who gave you the power to declare the end? What am i missing here?

anyway you guys are all assuming waaaaaaaaay too much, its making my head hurt. your assuming that Stannis is the lie, and your assuming that slayer of lies equates to killing people. Which is a heck of a lot of leaping going down here.

Well to be fare, it's not the title of King that appears to be the lie Dany will slay in regards to Stannis. It's the title of AA, signified by the sword. Stannis is not trying to claim he Crown because he thinks he is AA, he is trying to claim it because he is Roberts brother. It was Mel who told him who she thinks he is, Stannis is not really lying about because he thinks she is right. None the less it is a lie.

But his claim to the crown is not illegitimate, neither is Dany's nor is Tommen's. After all Tommen has not clue who his real daddy is.

As a whole none of the really has a claim to jack, Westeros has been conquered and at war for thousands of years. First men took it from the children, Andels took if for the first men, Nym tok Dorne, Targs took Westeros, Robert took it from the Targs, Cersei took it from Robert. It was nothing more than a coup, Robert did the same thing. So it can't really be argued that Stannis, Dany or Cersei have any stronger claim than the other.

You put me in Westeros with the first Marine Div. And I don't care what claim from which house anyone makes or what language they say it in. A bullet sounds the same in every language and my ass would be king in 2 weeks. The Others are going to take one look at an M1 turn the fuck around and walk back to land freeze your ass off. It's a might makes right world has been for 12000 years.

Claims are all BS not a single one of them can draw their bloodline from Westeros. The Starks didn't walk into the North and say hey we are the kings in the North and everyone in the north was like ok. Stannis' claim is that his brother conquered the Targs, well mostly Ned did but Robert probably yelled a lot and Stannis sat at Stormsend. The Targs claim is that they conquered Westeros, but it was not like they were born kings of Westeros. Whoever wins what is coming is the King or Queen of Westeros until someone else wants the throne and then the winner of that is ruler, and again, and again, and again. Dany and Stannis can shout and scream about whatever they want till they are blue in the face,, until they take the throne they are not the rulers and their rights and claims go as far as their armies.

my hero

I would actually prefer it to be Jon who Dany ends up slaying.

:drool:

Me too!

But I am having a hard time seeing how Jon can get wight eyes and lose his shadow, given I don't think he is making shadowbabies if he ends up inhabiting a dead body when he comes out of Ghost.

Me too!

But I am having a hard time seeing how Jon can get wight eyes and lose his shadow, given I don't think he is making shadowbabies if he ends up inhabiting a dead body when he comes out of Ghost.

I'll support that as well.

I wouldn't want to lose a well-written character like Stannis, and would do everything to get rid of freaking Jon...

Stannis is a Baratheon, Daenerys is a Targaryen, therefore Stannis is quite simply inferior, thus doomed to failure.

Neither of them are Ironborn, thus it is all irrelevant.

brah, you know I love Stannis, but he's definitely the blue-eyed King in the vision. Sometimes you just have to accept.

This is true, but E-Ro can look at it from another perspective if he wants:

From another point of view, Stannis is a vision of blue-eyed kingship.

Uuugh, I had a sinking feeling you would be gracing this thread soon enough.

anyway, jon just got knifed a few times right? So when he comes back any number of changes could happen, eye color change, loss of shadow etc. So yeah.

Its a preemptive strike designed to disarm before you become too much of a threat.

Jesus Christ, E Ro. I sincerely hope this is a joke, brah. If you actually believe that then I'd say you have no business laughing the "Grand Unified Sperm Jump Theory," if I may be so bold to say so. Anyway, I thought you were sufficiently chastened in that Bolton thread, so I wasn't going to "grace this one," but I guess you could say you brought it on yourself.*

just in case anyone thinks this is a necessary circumstance for an "intervention" again, it should be noted I'm "clowning" around

Jesus Christ, E Ro. I sincerely hope this is a joke, brah. If you actually believe that then I'd say you have no business laughing the "Grand Unified Sperm Jump Theory," if I may be so bold to say so. Anyway, I thought you were sufficiently chastened in that Bolton thread, so I wasn't going to "grace this one," but I guess you could say you brought it on yourself.

I cant believe you are justifying your vicious attack on me by saying I bought this on myself.

Fo shizzle, Rizzle my logic is always infallible.

It was sarcasm brah brah, pure unadulterated sarcasm.

*Isn't American doesn't need sarcasm to be pointed out*

duly noted.

@ser creighton brah if you want to stage another intervention on my behalf and speak up against butterballs now would be the time.

I would take this advice, though there seems to be some confusion as to Dany killing Stannis. Slaying a lie does not mean killing the person. Dany can simply slay that lie be revealing the truth. That is what slays a lie not killing a person.

AA=Jon or Dany or someone else. Reveal the true LB, and the lie is over. There are still options for what is what, Say Jon is dead, now maybe Mel gives him the last kiss to bring him back. And that's more than possible. But lets say she doesn't. Dany has bought life back from death before. Is Mel all that different from Mirri who also happen to go to Asshai. Jon Frozen, wake the dragons from stone, Mother of Dragons Bride of fire. Jon is a Dragon. Who says it is just limited to her three eggs. Not to say Jon is dead, but there are options to slaying that lie, and the lie came from Mel, so it works both ways.

I would take this advice, though there seems to be some confusion as to Dany killing Stannis. Slaying a lie does not mean killing the person. Dany can simply slay that lie be revealing the truth. That is what slays a lie not killing a person.

AA=Jon or Dany or someone else. Reveal the true LB, and the lie is over. There are still options for what is what, Say Jon is dead, now maybe Mel gives him the last kiss to bring him back. And that's more than possible. But lets say she doesn't. Dany has bought life back from death before. Is Mel all that different from Mirri who also happen to go to Asshai. Jon Frozen, wake the dragons from stone, Mother of Dragons Bride of fire. Jon is a Dragon. Who says it is just limited to her three eggs. Not to say Jon is dead, but there are options to slaying that lie, and the lie came from Mel, so it works both ways.

To be honest, I'm not even certain that Dany will meet Stannis at all, despite the frequency with which the topic comes up. Of all the ways that Stannis might die or even be defeated, I think Dany is a long way down.

Well damn... this thread has turned against E-Ro pretty fast.

Might be outnumbered, but ero is never outgunned. I just have to take heart from the fact that i am right and you are all wrong.

Pauly D is totes a Targ loyalist, you should back up your buddy!!, and drop Stannis like a bag of shit.

What does pauly d have to do with anything?

Anyway seeing as how I have pretty much destroyed all of you in this debate lets move on(I dont want to rub it in you see, i am going to be humble about this)

Lets discuss how Stannis is going to kick some bolton ass in the next book. I have posted this before, but you know the whole alexander nevsky thing with the ice and all that. Anyway thats going to be how ramsay goes, but I been thinking about how roose is going to get it and I really dont see any out for him. His power is melting away and he is losing support that was already tenuous. All it would take is someone opening the gates up and he is fucked with a capitol F. Honestly, im mostly excited about this happening because I think it will ut an end to all the "who is the best commander" threads. The answer after the next book will obviously be Stannis baratheon. And it wont really be debatable. I think Stannis as a tactician is an important part of who he is, hence why i harp on it so much.

Might be outnumbered, but ero is never outgunned. I just have to take heart from the fact that i am right and you are all wrong.

What does pauly d have to do with anything?

Anyway seeing as how I have pretty much destroyed all of you in this debate lets move on(I dont want to rub it in you see, i am going to be humble about this)

You and Pauly D are totes friends brah.

A King's man until the end, I see.

Admirable, but foolish... I wonder who you will turn to once your king bites it at the hands of an inexperienced dragon girl...

Join the Targ bandwagon while there is still time, brah, you won't regret it.

Archived