At The End Of ASIOF, I Don't Think The Starks Will Be Bending The Knee

Winterfell Resident

I think there is one thing you missed in your post, OP, Jon, who is the rightful Targaryen heir and has a Stark mother. Why have two separate kingdoms when they can be one kingdom under Jon?

Jon is the union of ice and fire.

I do think it will be an inversion fo Torrhen Stark and Aegon the Conqueror in that the monarch with the dragons, Dany, will bend the knee to the KitN, (named in Robb's will) Jon, when R+L=J is publicly revealed and confirmed.

Is Jon the rightful heir?

Eddard came into King's Landing after it was sacked by the Lannisters. Rhaegar's other two children were both supposedly killed during the sack by Gregor Clegane. Eddard the took some men and rode to the Tower of Joy to bring Lyanna back. Lyanna died at the Tower of Joy supposedly giving birth Jon, which Eddard was present for.

So if you believe that Aegon was switched before the sack, and that R + L =J, it brings up this question.

Who is older, Aegon or Jon?

Is Jon the rightful heir?

Eddard came into King's Landing after it was sacked by the Lannisters. Rhaegar's other two children were both supposedly killed during the sack by Gregor Clegane. Eddard the took some men and rode to the Tower of Joy to bring Lyanna back. Lyanna died at the Tower of Joy supposedly giving birth Jon, which Eddard was present for.

So if you believe that Aegon was switched before the sack, and that R + L =J, it brings up this question.

Aegon. But the Aegon that is invading is likely a fake.

Yeah, but almost nobody actually believes Aegon is the real deal. He may have Targ blood through the Blackfyre's but he ain't Rhaegar's.

Yeah, but almost nobody actually believes Aegon is the real deal. He may have Targ blood through the Blackfyre's but he ain't Rhaegar's.

Exactly, so that would make Jon the rightful Targaryen heir with Aegon being dead last, coming even after Stannis.

Nobody... but Aegon. I strongly suspect Martin will never confirm his identity beyond his very subtle hints in the text that could be interpreted multiple ways.

I also suspect he's going to have all the makings of a pretty good king, despite his credentials lacking confirmation. Which is going to increase the tragedy when he falls. A second Renly, if you will, who doesn't die so quickly.

Nobody... but Aegon. I strongly suspect Martin will never confirm his identity beyond his very subtle hints in the text that could be interpreted multiple ways.

I also suspect he's going to have all the makings of a pretty good king, despite his credentials lacking confirmation. Which is going to increase the tragedy when he falls. A second Renly, if you will, who doesn't die so quickly.

Though, if he does marry Arianne-or anyone really he might well leave behind an heir...that could save Jon from having to take the IT.

Interesting theory. Bran surely will play a part in upcoming conflicts but I don't think he could put an entire army to sleep by himself. It would certainly be possible to control those dragons thou.

In re the Weirwood trees south of the neck: There is a Heart tree in Oldtown, Riverrun, Harenhall, Kings Landing (an Oak, not Weirwood) and a dead one at Raventree Hall. There are many on the Isle of Faces but no one but the Cranogmen men go there so intell on the enemy would be nonexistent. There was one at Storms End until Stanis burned it down during the War of 5Kings.

Idk how the series will end, except that Winter will still be going on strong and the Starks will endure, hence their name. I don't see too many Andal families who oppose to North surviving through the Winter. I don't think peple realize just what the Long Night is. This is an apocalyspe. Most humans will not survive. Period. Kiss families like the Lannisters, Tyrells, Targaryans to die. This isn't their world. How many families do you know of before the last Long Night? None

Question is how many Starks will remain alive till the end..?

Maybe Jon, but...if this is truly a melancholy, apocolyptic type story, no human in Westeros may live save those who flee to other continents or those who remain in the caves under BR's wierwood. If other weather events happen in conjunction with this Long Night, you might kiss all of Planetos goodbye. Again, save for a couple that hides beneath the wierwood-The Adam & Eve or Lif & Lifthrasir

The Starks won't be alive to refuse to bend the knee.

Arya will forget where the loose brick is on the steps to the House of Black & White, trip on it and die.

Sansa will be scaling the Eyrie where a gust of wind blows her away, she dies.

Jons aleady dead.

Bran turns into a tree and gets accidentally set on fire. He dies.

Rickon ... who is that again?

Exactly, so that would make Jon the rightful Targaryen heir with Aegon being dead last, coming even after Stannis.

But you can say the same for Jon. Who's going to believe he's Rhaegar's son. Aside, from Howland Reed, everyone thinks he's Eddard's son. Even if Howland were to come forward with this information, hardly anyone is going to believe him.

7 Kingdoms: Edric: Storm King of the Stormlands

Rickon: King in the North

Arianne, Queen of Dorne

Edmure: King of Rivers

Harry: Gryphon King of Mountains and Vale

Willas: King of the Reach

Tyrion, King of the Rock

Independent: Asha: Queen of Iron Islands

Daenerys and Aegon: Dragon Queen and King of New Valyria

Jon: King Beyond the Wall, Night's King

Rhaego: Khal of Sothoryos

Victarion: King of Ulthos

I can see the North agreeing to aid Stannis in his quest for the iron throne since he helped restore the Starks. However I think they will only agree to do it under the condition he grants the north independence after the job is done. Both sides need one another, they are going to have to compromise.

No, they won't be bending the knee. They'll all be dead.

Now, a bit more serious. Bran is sure to survive, but he's never coming out of that cave. Sansa will probably survive, and marry some highborn lord. Rickon will become Lord of Winterfell/King in the North. Arya will die. Jon snow will die or become King of Westeros.

Archived